Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 08 OFFICIAL Schedule & Press Release (MERGED)

terpcap24

Wow... I think that's a VERY favorable schedule all around.

2 weeks to prep for the 2nd game of the season... a late bye... and coming off the bye to play Dallas (which means a lot of time to prepare).

A lot of easier teams on the schedule this year. If Zorn can get the Skins to mesh this year... they could do a lot of damage.

Of course, we wont really know how bad or good of a schedule it was until the season is over. It COULD be a good thing to close the season against Baltimore, Cincy, Philly, and SF. Its also nice to have our bye before the Cowboys game. That said, playing in the NFC east almost guarantees having one of the toughest schedules in the NFL.

I like this schedule for us. You can't look at the opposing teams as much as the dates and where we play. And I like that factor. Other than 2 late season trips to the WC, I think it's not bad.

Now I will go against what I said and look at opposing teams.

Cle and Pitt are likely the better teams in the AFC North and we get them both at home.

Playing Balt on the road is good because it's hardly a road game at all.

NO at home is better than on the road. Detroit is no tough place to play.

Bye week after 9 is not bad considering the early byes we've had recently.

3 out of the last 4 could easily be out of the hunt by the time we play.

The early division games will clearly be key for how much breathing room if any we might have later in the season.

I love that we play at home vs. Philly on 12/21 and then turn around and play @SF the PREVIOUS day!

We must fly somewhere over the island from LOST for that to occur.

As Ed Mcmahon would say, "Yes!". :applause:

:cheers:

I think this could be a pretty good schedule for us. Any of these teams we can beat, lets put it that way.

Schedule looks favorable but it depends on Zorn and progression of Campbell. That will tell us if we are playoff team again or not.

You're right. It will depend on JC's progression and Zorn's success BUT we don't need them produce Colts/Pats passing numbers. IMO JC and Zorn will be successful if we can depend on our D and running game again.

The bye week is week 10.

How does everyone feel about that? Good or bad?

I love having the bye later in the season. Gives the guys a chance to heal/rest up and get ready for the playoff push. Also, having right before the Cowpukes game is always a good thing.

I did the foot work. Here is who we play off their bye for the 2008 season...

Week 6 - St. Loius Rams

Week 10 - Dallas Cowboys

Not bad. The bye runs from week 4 to week 10 correct?

So we both have a bye week before our game. It's not an advantage but at least we won't hear that excuse when we beat them. :cool:

This is a brutal schedule man. I only see three games I'm confident we'll win - SF, DET, and AZ (I'm always confident against them). I think we have a good shot at beating the Rams, Bengals, and Browns. I'm just not sure about the Ravens... They were horrible last season but they've got to be amped to be playing their proximity rival. I think New Orleans has developed some very good, young talent..

We've just got to beat Pittsburgh man. I've only seen one Steelers fan in my life (a high school teacher). Now? After that ESPN broadcast about us against the Steelers? They seem to be popping up as fast as the new Giant fans.

The below is real and just into my desk. I don't know how important it is but just in case here's some S/A situational awareness for what's going in and around the Metro area tommorrow. Wrong forum? Sorry.

BLUF:

A major neo-Nazi group has scheduled a demonstration and protest march from the Washington Monument to the US Capitol. The group plans on assembling at 12:00 noon on the National Mall near the Washington Monument and the march is set to begin at 2:30 PM. The current plan is to march down Constitution Ave to the Westside of the U.S. Capitol. The group plans on disbanding at 5:00 PM.

U.S. ARMY NORTH PROVOST MARSHAL

SITUATION - POTENTIAL OF THREAT REPORT(S-POT R)

INCIDENT: PROPOSED PROTESTS

1. DATE/TIME: Saturday, April 19, 2008

2. LOCATION(S): National Mall (Washington Monument) to US Capitol

3. SUBJECT(S): Major Neo-Nazi Group Demonstration, Protest March &

Counter Protests

4. VICTIM(S): NA

SYNOPSIS: A major neo-Nazi group has scheduled a demonstration and protest march from the Washington Monument to the US Capitol. The group plans on assembling at 12:00 noon on the National Mall near the Washington Monument and the march is set to begin at 2:30 PM. The current plan is to march down Constitution Ave to the Westside of the U.S. Capitol. The group plans on disbanding at 5:00 PM. The U.S. Park Police and U.S. Capitol Police are working with the group, therefore, details are subject to change without notice.

To-date, there are no counter-protest applications with the Metropolitan

Police Department (MPD). However, open source reporting, dated April

14, indicates a call to 'Oppose Fascism this Saturday'. It calls on

'those opposed to fascism and racism to come and confront this very real, and dangerous neo-Nazi group' and to gather at 11:30 AM on the Southwest corner of Constitution Ave, NW, at 14th Street.

THERE IS NO INDICATION AT THIS TIME THAT A THREAT IS DIRECTED TOWARD DOD ASSETS. THIS IS FOR SITUATIONAL AWARENESS ONLY.

It is recommended that Commands assess threats to forces in the DC metro area and issue appropriate force protection measures.

RELATED SITUATION(S)/INCIDENT(S): Provided as information only.

April 19: Anniversary of the Branch Davidian Siege in Waco, Texas, and the bombing of the Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. April 19, 2008 will mark the 15th and 13th anniversaries of these events, respectively.

The opening battles of the American Revolution, Lexington and Concord, were also fought on April 19. Many anti-government groups recognize "Patriot Day" as a key anniversary date.

LAW ENFORCEMENT INTELLIGENCE BRANCH (LEIB) ANALYSIS: Family members should be advised to use c <<S-POT R 19 Apr 08 Protest (Washington DC).doc>> aution in any area where protests, marches or similar event take place to prevent being subjected to bystander violence should it occur.

Addition information will be provided upon receipt from reporting sources.

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: FOUO

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED

Caveats: FOUO

Archived