Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help RickRoll the New York Mets

Zen-like Todd

First, if you are unfamiliar with RickRolling, crawl out from under your internet rock and google the phrase.

Anyway, the New York Mets have an online form that allows fans to vote on the song they would like to have chosen for the eighth inning sing along. Conveniently, there's also a write-in option.

Someone on digg got the bright idea of using it to rickroll an entire stadium.

http://digg.com/baseball/Digg_users_unite_Let_s_Rickroll_the_NY_Mets_all_year

To take part, go here:

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/nym/fan_forum/singalong_vote_form.jsp

Choose other, and write in:

"Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley"

why not "Hail to the Redskins"? Probably has about as much a chance as anything else you write in...

No, the whole point is that thousands and thousands of people on digg, fark, 4chan, and other similar sites are all submitting the same song. Hardly the critical mass you'd get from Hail to the Redskins, although that would be pretty funny in and of itself.

i don't know, i don't see that playing out as planned against observant individuals.

Perhaps, but history indicates that not all people fall into that observant category (although most will CLAIM to fall into that category post-event).

I think that the Mets should serve their sentence and go with the vote. This whole going to a second round thing has to be a way of avoiding having to be Rickrolled every 8th inning. Anyone that can go to the game that they play it should go and sing every word as loud as they can.

i don't know, i don't see that playing out as planned against observant individuals.

Oh, really?

Not me, I can admit when I've been owned :notworthy
dammit, you just rick roll'd me. I bow down before you Predicto. That was well played.
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN I GOT RICKROLLED :doh: :applause:
Got me :laugh: :laugh:

:1stplace:

Archived