Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAPS season ends (thanks to the refs): Good season boys!

JimmyConway

Last time I totally expected a win, we got rocked by the Blackhawks. Granted we're back at home, so let's hope we can keep points away from Carolina tonight.

Caps were last in first place back when they had 60 or 61 points, then the Canes turned up the gas. It's payback time.

I thought we had the tiebreaker over the Canes if we won tonight?

No. If we (the Capitals) win out and Carolina wins 2 out of 3, we are tied and Carolina would more than likely have the tiebreaker. Tiebreaker is total wins. If we win tonight, the Caps would have 41 and Carolina would have 42. We still need them to lose another game or have an OTL since we all have the same number of games played.

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order: 1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage). 2. The greater number of games won. 3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing. 4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

My wife and i will be there tonight in 229! I dont have anything red to wear (w/o stains at least lol) so i think i'll buy a brand new red OV jersey when i get there :D Tony Chengs Mongolian BBQ here i come :hungry:

They are $190!!! Jesus Christ...that's a bit much for a jersey IMO. :whoknows:

This game is huge. Basically, if we win out, we're in the playoffs. We're in control of our destiny, and it starts TONIGHT! No OT game, we need to tie Carolina in the standings TONIGHT!

We are not in control of our own destiny. If we win out, we can still miss the playoffs.

This new point system confuses me. Probably because I haven't bothered to look in to it.

I just know that if we miss the playoffs I will be very ipset. No one is playing better.

I think the Penguins lost yesterday because Crosby is afraid of Ovechkin.

I hope I can find the game online.

Last time I totally expected a win, we got rocked by the Blackhawks. Granted we're back at home, so let's hope we can keep points away from Carolina tonight.

Caps were last in first place back when they had 60 or 61 points, then the Canes turned up the gas. It's payback time.

we had played a game the day before and were fatigued. we have no more back-to-back games so that shouldn't be a problem.

Archived