Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CAPS season ends (thanks to the refs): Good season boys!

JimmyConway

I know that I will probably get stoned for this, but I will root for the Pens and the Rangers in the next round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Rangers because I was born in New York. The Penguins because they are a good young team, almost as good as our beloved Capitals.

I know that I will probably get stoned for this, but I will root for the Pens and the Rangers in the next round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Rangers because I was born in New York. The Penguins because they are a good young team, almost as good as our beloved Capitals.

The Pens are playing the Rangers, so you have quite the predicament. You might as well root for the winning team (Rangers). A Caps fan rooting for the Penguins is a little worse than the Rangers as well.

The Pens are playing the Rangers, so you have quite the predicament. You might as well root for the winning team (Rangers). A Caps fan rooting for the Penguins is a little worse than the Rangers as well.

Whatever. I was playing in the DC area before there was a Washington Capitals franchise.

It's not like I am rooting against the Caps.

Don't sweat it. Philly can't get past Pitt.

I wouldn't count out the Flyers quite yet. If they can get past Montreal and assuming Pitt beats the Rangers, I think they have a good shot to beat Pitt Crosby is a much softer player than Ovechkin and I think they can frustrate him land make him disappear. Look at their season series. I can see them wearing him down and winning a long series, if they can get great goaltending out of Biron.

Habs in 5

I agree with that, though I don't think the Canadians are going to go to the finals with a rookie goalie, even though he is really good. The Flyers have to go all the way to Montreal for the first 2 games (right?) and will go down 2-0. They might get a home game, but that's it IMO.

I agree with that, though I don't think the Canadians are going to go to the finals with a rookie goalie, even though he is really good. The Flyers have to go all the way to Montreal for the first 2 games (right?) and will go down 2-0. They might get a home game, but that's it IMO.

Montreal is closer for the Flyers than Tampa or Atlanta. Travel is no issue here, the Habs being good, thats an issue.

The Habs just went 7 to beat an 8 seed. Then they celebrated like they just won the Stanley Cup after that game.

Montreal is not leaps & bounds better than the Flyers.

The Habs just went 7 to beat an 8 seed. Then they celebrated like they just won the Stanley Cup after that game.

Montreal is not leaps & bounds better than the Flyers.

Montreal swept Philly during the season. They have a lot more speed and playoff saavy, and Price is quite frankly a monster in the net (he did have 2 awful 3rd periods though)

Early prediction: Habs in 5

Flyers were 0-4 against the Habs this season. That being said, I like the Flyers chances for some silly reason.

Flyers played well this series. They'll just have to hope they get help from the officials again. :silly: It'll be nice if they can take out Brice at will without fear of a penalty like they were able to take out Huet.

Montreal swept Philly during the season. They have a lot more speed and playoff saavy, and Price is quite frankly a monster in the net (he did have 2 awful 3rd periods though)

Montreal swept Boston this season too. 8 wins to 0. They had won 11 straight vs the Bruins before the playoffs started. Boston took them to seven.

The regular season means nothing, just like yesterday's game means nothing. :)

Montreal swept Boston this season too. 8 wins to 0. They had won 11 straight vs the Bruins before the playoffs started. Boston took them to seven.

The regular season means nothing, just like yesterday's game means nothing. :)

:laugh: :laugh:

:finger:

I wouldn't count out the Flyers quite yet. If they can get past Montreal and assuming Pitt beats the Rangers, I think they have a good shot to beat Pitt Crosby is a much softer player than Ovechkin and I think they can frustrate him land make him disappear. Look at their season series. I can see them wearing him down and winning a long series, if they can get great goaltending out of Biron.

See, that would make all sorts of sense if it weren't for the fact that the Pens don't need Crosby to win. Malkin can take them all the way to the cup without Crosby even on the ice. Plus Crosby has Hossa to work with now. And then you get Staal on the third line and he's good enough to anchor a first line on some teams. Fleury is playing out of his mind and even if he falters, Conklin's been having his most successful year in pretty much ever. The Pens are way too stacked to lose to the Fliers. Sorry, it just won't happen.

See, that would make all sorts of sense if it weren't for the fact that the Pens don't need Crosby to win. Malkin can take them all the way to the cup without Crosby even on the ice. Plus Crosby has Hossa to work with now. And then you get Staal on the third line and he's good enough to anchor a first line on some teams. Fleury is playing out of his mind and even if he falters, Conklin's been having his most successful year in pretty much ever. The Pens are way too stacked to lose to the Fliers. Sorry, it just won't happen.

The flaw in that is the Pens won't make it past the Rangers, and obviously the Flyers won't get past the Rangers.

I can't let you stand here on the island all by yourself. I said from day one I was rooting for my brothers team, so why stop now?

Plus, if the Flyers win tonight, they're going to the conference finals. After watching Montreal celebrate with their fans last night after barely beating an 8 seed in the first round, I know they are going out in round two.......

:no: If, by some miracle Philly does pull it out, I'll bet you a month-long sig that there is no chance in hell Philly beats out Montreal. Won't happen.
I'll take that bet, why the hell not.

The most fun will be explaining to everyone, since I'm not even a Flyers fan.....

Are we still on here kid? :)

Archived