Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the worst quarterback in Redskin history?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brunell wasn't bad at all. He was at least average among past skins QBs.

I don't know why so many extremeskiners hate him. I am a big Brunell fan just because of the Miracle at Midnight!

Brunell was a good character guy who provided good leadership while he was here. Also a positive roll modle for Jason Campbell to learn under.

It wasn't Brunell's fault the skins were stupid enough to give a QB who was past his prime such a large contract!

Some of those guys shouldn't really even be on the list, in my opinion. Green was a hot commodity when he left to go to St. Louis and I remember Rich Gannon showing he could do some things back when our team was really bad. Johnson should've stayed here, but was run out of town. And Brunell, for as much crap as he took, actually had a decent 2005 season and gave us some legitimacy at quarterback.

I don't remember remember much before the Pettibone days, so I'm limited in knowledge in some of the old teams. But, I think Jay Schroeder was a decent QB. No one seemed to like him, but he was pretty good.

Based upon what I know, I'd say Shuler, for how high he went in the draft and the return he gave. Frerotte might get the dumbest award though for running his head into the wall...

Brunell hands down.

Schroeder has no business being on that list. He was an amazing player for the Skins when he was here. He threw for 4100 yards, took us to the NFC championship game and made the Pro Bowl in his third season, the same point in his career Campbell was this year. We were also able to get Lachey for him.

Brad Johnson also has no business being on that list. If we had kept him, we were on the way to being a very good team for a long time.

Jeff Rutledge had one of the best games ever for a backup QB for us against Detroit. I would take him of the list as well.

Considering how much it cost the Skins to get them relative to their performance the worst Skins QB's have been

1. Heath Shuler (1st round draft pick)

2. Jeff George (Big Money Free Agent)

3. Patrick Ramsey (1st Round draft pick)

Brunell doesn't make the list because of the 05 playoff season. A lot of the others QB's mentioned were cheap pickups or low round picks. The jury is still out on Campbell.

I believe Heath Shuler was the worst. I wouldn't say Patrick Ramsey because he must have won more games than Heath, including as a backup. And I wouldn't say Tony Banks OR Kent Graham because they were forced to play in the Schottenheimer year and they combined an 8-6 record. Not too bad.

Considering how much it cost the Skins to get them relative to their performance the worst Skins QB's have been

1. Heath Shuler (1st round draft pick)

2. Jeff George (Big Money Free Agent)

3. Patrick Ramsey (1st Round draft pick)

Brunell doesn't make the list because of the 05 playoff season. A lot of the others QB's mentioned were cheap pickups or low round picks. The jury is still out on Campbell.

I disagree completely. When the season was on the line in 05 against the Eagles to make the playoffs, Brunell threw for 100 yards and change. In the wildcard game he threw for 40 yards. He tried his best to keep us from advancing. It finally worked in Seattle. Ramsey would have taken us to the SB in 05 and Gibbs II would be completely different.

Brunell also cost us a huge cap number, a 3rd rd pick for him. His interception in the 06 preseason also resulted n the TJ Duckett trade, which cost us more picks.

Brunell hands down.

Schroeder has no business being on that list. He was an amazing player for the Skins when he was here. He threw for 4100 yards, took us to the NFC championship game and made the Pro Bowl in his third season, the same point in his career Campbell was this year. We were also able to get Lachey for him.

Brad Johnson also has no business being on that list. If we had kept him, we were on the way to being a very good team for a long time.

Jeff Rutledge had one of the best games ever for a backup QB for us against Detroit. I would take him of the list as well.

And guess what, Brunell has no business being on that list either. I swear, I really wonder what some of you all drink or smoke on Sunday afternoons in the fall.

I would have to say Shuler of the guys on the list.

Hail,

H

Brunell hands down.

your post lost any crediblility once I saw "Brunell hands down"

you've got to be kidding me!!!

Archived