Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the worst quarterback in Redskin history?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a great thread! Looking through this list of failures (with a few exceptions) is giving everyone flashbacks from the absolute WORST of times...Jeff George? Heath Shuler? I completely blocked these people from my memory. I love how people are using strong words like "hate" and "disgust" to describe these idiots. If there's one thing everyone on this site can agree on it's that at some point in the 90s we all wanted to punch our starting QB in the face.

Are we talking biggest overall bust, or just the worst as far as stats, leadership, charisma, et. al.?

Biggest overall bust would be Shuler, but the worst QB to take a snap in recent History would have to be Geff Jorge.

Good ole Geffey did not listen to the coaches, called different plays in the huddle than what was sent in, thought he was all that plus 1, and just sucked up both sides and down the back.

He got my vote.

Danny Worthless. The only reason he was even here (and Shane Mathews for that matter) was that Spurrier coached them in college. Danny is a prime example of a Professional Bust (someone who did good in college and down right horrible in NFL. That is my word for it. If there is a better word you can correct me). My hatred for Spurrier is coming back.

I know I am going to catch hell for this, but Heath Shuler never really got a chance to suck in Washington or not. Norv Turner was a terrible indecisive coach and decided to have a competition between the dolt Gus and their top pick in the draft. They should have just handed the team to Shuler and seen what happened, but I guess we will never know now.

HTTR

Wow!!! Rich Gannon was on our team at some point in time? Couldn't have been here too long. I missed that one.

Yeah, back in 1993. Had a 59.6 rating as a Redskins starter for 4 games (W-L: 1-3).

Also, this WP graphic might be 'helpful' in remembering some of the worst QBs we've had: http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2006/11/15/GR2006111500121.jpg

GR2006111500121.jpg

Jason Campbell is 8-12 as a starter so far.

Wow!!! Rich Gannon was on our team at some point in time? Couldn't have been here too long. I missed that one.

Yep, just for the '93 season - Rypien was the starter and then we had Conklin as the backup and Gannon as the #3. Ryp got hurt and all 3 QBs started games that year.

We were a bad team in '93 and Gannon got shipped out as part of the clearout when Norv rode into town. I think all 3 Qbs were released or traded and he brought in Friez as the vet and drafted Shuler and Ferrotte.

Gannon went to Kansas as I recall as a backup for a couple of years started a few games and did well and then was traded to the Raiders where he became a Pro Bowl calibre QB in Grudens offense.

Another potential franchise QB who slipped through our fingers ......

Yeah, back in 1993. Had a 59.6 rating as a Redskins starter for 4 games (W-L: 1-3).

Also, this WP graphic might be 'helpful' in remembering some of the worst QBs we've had: http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2006/11/15/GR2006111500121.jpg

GR2006111500121.jpg

Jason Campbell is 8-12 as a starter so far.

Man why did we let Brad Johnson go!

Sign him, Jeff Hostetler, and Tony Banks to Vet minimum+incentives!!

Man why did we let Brad Johnson go!

Sign him, Jeff Hostetler, and Tony Banks to Vet minimum+incentives!!

I don't think Brad Johnson ever beat the Cowboys.

In this city that's a pink slip waiting to happen. Even if he did have a winning record. ;)

Archived