Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the worst quarterback in Redskin history?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I hated Jeff George more but I think the worst starter I ever saw play was Tim Hasselbeck. He had a QB rating of ZERO against our archrivals, The Cowboys at home. Completely unforgivable.

I was at that game. :mad: The ONLY game I have ever left early (outta 20 or so) although I think Spurrier had some blame for it also

While uneven at times Brunell was at least an average QB while with the Redskins. I don't understand the hatred many of you have for him. He was the type of QB who could be asked not to lose a game and he did that pretty well. His problem was he wasn't the type of QB w/ the Redskins who could be depended upon to win a game. There are no "hands down" candidates on the list. However, I think Shuler,Banks,George and Rutlege were the bottom dwellers.

Danny Wuerful was nothing more than a college QB running a college offense in the NFL. I don't consider him the worst since no "real" pro coach would make him their starter.

I'm going with Ramsey. He had one good game where he came off the bench to rally against the Titans and one good play where he actually scrambled for a first down against the Jets.

Sage Rosenfels - Doesn't belong because he got unfairly cut and has since proven to be a somewhat capable starter.

Trent Green - Doesn't belong there because he turned out to be a potential franchise QB we let walk to St. Louis,

Brad Johnson - Doesn't belong because he took us to the playoffs in 1999 and gave us our best year under Norv. We pushed him out in favor of Jeff George. :doh:

Mark Brunell - Say what you want about him, but the guy had a probowl year in 05 and was robbed of the comeback player award I believe. And no one who takes your team to the playoffs deserves a title of "Worst QB".

Rich Gannon - Another guy we let go who could've been our answer at QB for awhile.

I say Heath Shuler because of how far he set back our franchise and the expectations we had for him. A high round QB in the 1st round can either make or break your team for years. Shuler broke our team for awhile.

Chip Hakel is actually Chris Hakel and I don't even recall seeing him hit the field for preseason games. You can find some pretty bad performances if you go all the way back through thier history. Bill Sheppard..Eagle Day..Al Dorow. Did you forget Rob Johnson played here too?

Shuler was the worst, hands down. But I understand Johnson and Brunell being on the list. The measure of a qb, in Washington, is not always his play, but the assessment, by the fans, of his fire and determination. Brad Johnson and Brunell began to walk off the field after failing on 3rd and___ or 4th and ___ just as if they had just thrown an incomplete pass on first down. There was no remorse, no seeming self evaluation and it happened over and over again. Billy Kilmer was not a wildly popular qb when he came here, especially since he challenged our local legend, Sonny Jurgensen. But, he played with fire. When he was on bad teams, he found a way to throw for a first down on 3rd and 4. All qb's in Washington will be judged against Sammy, Sonny, Billy and later Joe and Mark. With what each of them achieved and brought to the team, not many other qb's will get favorable ratings in this town, until they bring us consistent winning seasons and some SuperBowl victories.

Brunnel over Shuler? Put the crack pipe down dude!!

The reason I chose Brunnell over shuler is that when Shuler came here we all had hope that he would be the franchise for a while but when Brunnell came here we all new he would stink up the place yet we did it anyway. Making bad decision is one thing but making a bad decision knowing youre making a bad decision takes the trophy.....

I actually don't think Schuler was as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Any qb would've been awful with that team... Let alone a rookie with all the pressure. He cracked. Doesn't make him the worst qb, just in the worst spot.

I have to go with George. Talk about a letdown...

Brunell hands down.

Schroeder has no business being on that list. He was an amazing player for the Skins when he was here. He threw for 4100 yards, took us to the NFC championship game and made the Pro Bowl in his third season, the same point in his career Campbell was this year. We were also able to get Lachey for him.

Brad Johnson also has no business being on that list. If we had kept him, we were on the way to being a very good team for a long time.

Jeff Rutledge had one of the best games ever for a backup QB for us against Detroit. I would take him of the list as well.

While I totally agree that Schroeder and Brad Johnson have no business on this list, you can't be serious about Brunell being the WORST QB in Redskin history! He played at a Pro Bowl level during 2005 and led our most successful team of the last 15 years. He was undeniably a key component of that season. Let's also never forget that Monday Night Comeback in Big D! For that game alone he doesn't even deserve to be on this list.

Do you really believe he was worse than Jeff George, Heath Shuler, and Tony Banks?

Archived