Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who was the worst quarterback in Redskin history?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Some of those guys shouldn't really even be on the list, in my opinion. Green was a hot commodity when he left to go to St. Louis and I remember Rich Gannon showing he could do some things back when our team was really bad. Johnson should've stayed here, but was run out of town. And Brunell, for as much crap as he took, actually had a decent 2005 season and gave us some legitimacy at quarterback.

I don't remember remember much before the Pettibone days, so I'm limited in knowledge in some of the old teams. But, I think Jay Schroeder was a decent QB. No one seemed to like him, but he was pretty good.

Based upon what I know, I'd say Shuler, for how high he went in the draft and the return he gave. Frerotte might get the dumbest award though for running his head into the wall...

Which quarterback has thrown for the most yards in a single season in Redskin history? Jay Schroeder. I think Heath Shuler gets an unfair rap in Washington. The guy is absolutely crucified. He beat Dallas in Dallas. No quarterback could chew that bad and beat Dallas. In my opinion the guy just never got the chance to play. Ferrotte and Shuler were at about the same stages in their respective careers when Shuler was dealt. If you really look at the numbers in the preseason before he was traded, his stats were much better than Ferrottes'. How that guy has stayed in the league as long as he has is beyond me. Say what you will, but don't you think knowing how mediocre Ferrotte was going to be it wouldn't have made sense to give Shuler a fair shot? Also remember he wasn't exactly throwing the ball to Art Monk and Gary Clark. Michael Westbrook wasn't exactly a gamebreaker and Desmond Howard sucked. I think to acurately criticize Shuler he needed a fair shot with a decent supporting cast. The guy played in a big time college program and excelled, how bad could he really chew. He threw ten touchdowns his rookie year, how many did Jason Campbell throw in his first year?? Yet we all pin our hopes on Campbell and bash Shuler for being a bum.

Any mention of Jay in this list is stupid. The guy was great from the moment he went in until the shoulder injury. After that he was never th same here or anywhere else. He was blessed with a cannon right arm and that was taken away from him. He had the strongest arm of any QB we have ever had and Gibbs used him accordingly. Jay did have zero personality and was an a-hole. I tried to get his autograph once at Tysons and the **** jumped in the elevator and hit the close door button a bunch of times never will forget it.

I'm still trying to figure out how Jay Schedor(sp) and Tony Banks are on this list. When Spurrier launched that 3 QB system, that was the worse thing that could of happened to the team. At least Marty had some stability in Tony Banks who went 8-6. I will still never forgive Tim Hasselbeck and his 0.0 passer rating. He should be tied for second place right under Heath Shuler :mad:.

Any mention of Jay in this list is stupid. The guy was great from the moment he went in until the shoulder injury. After that he was never th same here or anywhere else. He was blessed with a cannon right arm and that was taken away from him. He had the strongest arm of any QB we have ever had and Gibbs used him accordingly. Jay did have zero personality and was an a-hole. I tried to get his autograph once at Tysons and the **** jumped in the elevator and hit the close door button a bunch of times never will forget it.

This was a great post.. Not too many people would remember the Reggie White hit on Jay Schroeder. I didn't know he was such a jerk. I wrote to him once and asked for an autographed picture and he was nice enough to send one. The guy had the strongest arm of any Redskin quarterback I have ever seen. I saw him throw a ball 75 yards on a hail mary play and he threw it right through the endzone. He could throw a 40 yard pass like some qb's throw 15 yard outs. My vote still goes to Jeff George, the biggest franchise killer the NFL has ever known.

Heath Shuler never had a fair enough time to become a decent qb.

Sure, he did suck bad his first and only real year as a skin. Then in the first game of his second season he got hurt and Gus took over from there on. Heath wasn't doing anything new than what Payton, Terry Bradshaw was doing on their first seasons.

Archived