Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you miss Mark Brunell?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I will always remember Brunell for the 2 TD , 14-13 Dallas win. Plus it was the first time my son saw us beat Dallas...he was 2 months old and staring blankly at the screen while my wife breastfed him at midnight. :laugh:

Mark was a team player and a decent veteran QB. Could have been worse. Thanks!

The man Mark Brunell is the guy you all should be talking about! He was the epitome of a class act. Always active in the community and with the younger players. He handled his demotion from the starter sooo incredibly well, especially because Drew Bledsoe got benched the same year and we all realized what an ******* Drew is and what a good guy Mark is

Hope he goes to Green Bay and does a great job. Maybe to start in ATL to keep the seat warm for Ryan?

One thing I do miss is rarely having worry about turnovers with Mark when he was under center. He was "super smart" and rarely threw picks.......although he did struggle throwing passes further than 5 yards at times.

As much as I love JC I often wonder which team its going too when he releases it...

i will. although im a brunell hater, he did do some good things here and was a team player all the way. you didn't ever hear any BS from him. he was a professional his whole time here. good luck in the future MB. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE TWO BOMBS TO SANTANA.(priceless) thank you for a life long memory and something i will tell my kids about.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but rather to provide a bit of guidance. It's usually not a good thing when someone who just joined the board a couple of weeks ago has started three of the threads on the first page of the Stadium.

Welcome to the board moss1981. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. But sometimes the best way to introduce yourself to the board is to look around, read, get a feel for the lay of the land, and post in a few existing threads...and eventually maybe even start a thread of your own. But no need to go hog wild right out of the gate. :)

:cheers:

I would rather have these threads then the stupid ones i have read. trade this guy for that guy, this pick for that pick. i sound smarter on this thread because it makes people think and have a discussion. these two threads have created great discussions.

I've met Mark in person before, talked with him, he's a class act. Great family too.

I'll never forget what he brought here. We all wish he could have done better, but since Snyder has owned the team, Brunell and Brad Johnson are the only ones to give us decent-good seasons. JC had an alright season, though he didn't have a right side of the line. Mark gave us some memorable moments, and did something only he and Brad Johnson have done on their own, which is lead the team to the playoffs (I say on their own cuz JC and TC ledt the team to the playoffs in '07). Mark also set an NFL record with us. He was always willing to restructure, mentored JC.

Cheers to a great guy, on and off the field.

I will always remember Brunell for the 2 TD , 14-13 Dallas win. Plus it was the first time my son saw us beat Dallas...he was 2 months old and staring blankly at the screen while my wife breastfed him at midnight. :laugh:

Mark was a team player and a decent veteran QB. Could have been worse. Thanks!

I'll always remember him for the things he did in the first 56 minutes of that game, which he continued to do throughout his pedestrian tenure here. That would include but not be limited to--throwing the ball away when noone is remotely close to sacking him or there is a wide open wide receiver on the other side of the field, taking a sack at the first whiff of a defender, throwing the ball to Betts behind for a three yard gain on 3rd and 7, throwing every deep ball towards the sideline to avoid interceptions (and potential big catches), talking and playing like an unmotivated complacent church boy.

I've met Mark in person before, talked with him, he's a class act. Great family too.

I'll never forget what he brought here. We all wish he could have done better, but since Snyder has owned the team, Brunell and Brad Johnson are the only ones to give us decent-good seasons. JC had an alright season, though he didn't have a right side of the line. Mark gave us some memorable moments, and did something only he and Brad Johnson have done on their own, which is lead the team to the playoffs (I say on their own cuz JC and TC ledt the team to the playoffs in '07). Mark also set an NFL record with us. He was always willing to restructure, mentored JC.

Cheers to a great guy, on and off the field.

great points

I'll always remember him for the things he did in the first 56 minutes of that game, which he continued to do throughout his pedestrian tenure here. That would include but not be limited to--throwing the ball away when noone is remotely close to sacking him or there is a wide open wide receiver on the other side of the field, taking a sack at the first whiff of a defender, throwing the ball to Betts behind for a three yard gain on 3rd and 7, throwing every deep ball towards the sideline to avoid interceptions (and potential big catches), talking and playing like an unmotivated complacent church boy.

You can't be serious! One of the greatest comebacks in Redskins history(the greatest for my generation) and you point out the bad parts of the game??? We all know about Brunell's shortcomings but at least give the man credit for when he did well.

What about the second game against Dallas(35-7)? Or the OT throw to Santana against Jacksonville? Or the completion record against the Texans? He did frustrate us all at times but he did leave us with some GREAT memories as well.

When I think of Brunell ... I think of his chronic tendency to roll left left at the slightest pressure, then throw an incompletion into a crowded half of the field. His performance (or lack of same) in the Tampa playoff game in '05 and the incredible chicken move by Gibbs to start him against Seattle the following week convinced me that both Bruney and Gibbs were washed up.

Thinking about it now I think the reason I never liked Brunell had nothing to do with him and everything to do with my frustraions with the team. I didn't want him because I wanted the team to get a young guy back there they could develop into a star and so all my frustrations were focused on him. I will never forget that Monday night so I guess Mark does hold a special place in my heart.

I like how SoCalSkins voted in three different negative categories. :laugh:

I think Mark was very good in 2005 until he wore out, and I don't put the play-off struggles all on him at all like some do. I think that often when things were ugly in games during his tenure, he got more than his fair share of the heat. But he was bad often enough that it got to where it wasn't worth fighting about.

We got some big things from MB while he was here, along with a rough diet of good-to-not-so-good with a helping of suck on the side. He conducts himself as a class act and received way more fan hate and disrespect than he deserved. Fortunately, his team mates and coaches felt different, and he can remember that part.

Mark was one of our best quarterbacks for the Redskins

when he was enlisted by Gibbs - he did his job - he took us to an excellent playoff run - he didn't complain when he got benched - he continued to be supportive the the playing qbies -

In my opinion, he deserves the respect of the Redskin nation........ and, yes, he was one of our greater Quarterbacks

The best to the Brunell family -

Archived