Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you miss Mark Brunell?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Brunell is a very good quarterback. He was a victim of circumstance with learning Saunders new offense after helping guide the Redskins into the post season the year before that. He Gibbs never hired Saunders, Campbell wouldn't have had to learn another offense and Brunell would have never had to learn it either and lose his starting job. Yes, I'll miss Brunell. To me he's still the best QB the Redskins have had since Brad Johnson until Jason Campbell can prove me wrong.

I really liked Brunell. The guy gave us his all in '05, and endured some real mental beatings in '04. He gave us possibly one of the best years I've ever experienced as a Redskins fan, and I'm thankful for him giving us his last hurrah.

Here's to you Mark. :cheers: You're a true professional.

He sucked and cost too much money.

Thank goodness we brought Greg Willams here when did or we wouldn't have won 10 games without his existence.

Mark knew he was taking the Redskins to the bank and he did just that.

He will always have a place in my heart for the two bombs he threw on Dallas on that Monday night game. He also had a good year in 05 til he got hurt against Giants. Glad he is not our QB anymore since the game has past him by but he is a class act and did some good things for us. Wish him well.

Appreciate his class, connecting with Tana on those two TD bombs beating Dallas...and completing the most 5 yd passes in a single game in history. ok so that wasn't quite the record lol at any rate..was a mixed bag, I thought he was going to be a lot better than he was here..closer to the Jags Brunell, but was far from that. Obviously overpaid when no other team even wanted him. Eh, thanks for being one of the good guys...wish him the best.

I didn't vote because there wasn't a simple "No" check box, although the "sucked and cost too much money" was the closest I might have checked.

He definitely cost too much money but there were times when he didn't suck -- is he the still owner of the most consecutive passes completed in a game? (Yeah, I know, that was versus the super-sucky Texans at the time and he more than made DOWN for that feat with his 140 yard performance against Tampa Bay in the playoffs, but he did have some decent games.)

He wasn't one of the best or worst QB's in franchise history, there were some good times (the Moss pass in the Dallas game ... wow!). (He wasn't a Shuler or a Jeff George and he didn't sprain his neck and knock himself out of several ames by head-butting a wall).

The limburger/cabbage option?...come on, show at least some respect (the guy was hand-picked by JG, the guy did bust his a** and remained a consummate professional and team player even after being demoted to 3rd string last year)

Now that Brunell is gone he should no longer be disliked by redskins fans because theres no chance of him coming out and throwing another pass on 3rd and 8 to betts for 3 yards.

Just kidding.. Brunell earns a coke and a smile from me just for THE comeback. I didn't get to see it live, but it was definitely a classic redskins moment.

Man you missed out. I just about gave up with 6 minutes left and Dallas had the ball I believe. I went into my room to sleep and my dad came in shortly after saying "turn the game we still have a chance!"

Man I turned it on right after and got to see the replay of the first touchdown, I was so happy that at least we showed a spark of offence. Then, a few minutes later...Brunell does it againnn.

I had TEARS coming out of my eyes man, it was amazing.

After that I never gave up on a game early no matter how much we were down. (I believe this was the first AND last time I ever gave up early...I was just really upset we were going to lose to the Cowboys)

Man you missed out. I just about gave up with 6 minutes left and Dallas had the ball I believe. I went into my room to sleep and my dad came in shortly after saying "turn the game we still have a chance!"

Man I turned it on right after and got to see the replay of the first touchdown, I was so happy that at least we showed a spark of offence. Then, a few minutes later...Brunell does it againnn.

I had TEARS coming out of my eyes man, it was amazing.

After that I never gave up on a game early no matter how much we were down. (I believe this was the first AND last time I ever gave up early...I was just really upset we were going to lose to the Cowboys)

i left my gf's dorm with 3 mins to go, walked around outside with he a bit, kissed her goodnight and all, walked back to my dorm to hear everyone in the lobby going crazy. took the elevator to my room wondering y everyone was going nuts. turned on the tv with the curiosity that it might be the game and almost passed out with i saw it was 14-13

I've found that those who aren't going to miss him are those who are more likely to make classless comments on this board.

The man gave us so many great moments. Even if you hate his stupid dumpoffs, he got us a sweep of Dallas with three of the best victories in recent memory.

What else, exactly, have we had to cheer for?

Unappreciative, man. Unappreciative.

Damn. I had to do a double take and check the news section. I didn't know we let him go. :doh:

Mark is one of the good guys. I think we overpaid and he didn't work out but he had his moments and he always put the team first. Any team would do well to have him as their veteran backup.

Good luck Mark, wherever you go. :cheers:

Archived