Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you miss Mark Brunell?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I never understood the vitriol towards the guy. He is eminently likeable and did as well as any other Redskins QB in two decades. If he is just a target, that negative energy is best saved for other scumbags in the Redskins world.

i have a brunell jersey i am thinking about keeping it is this a good move? i should wear it when i visit dallas

Keep it! I have one too, I plan on keeping mine.

Mark was one of my favorite QBs before he joined the Skins, and I will miss the guy. He wasn't a starter, his time ran out. But he was a valuable member of the team, he tried his best and he supported the starting QB and didn't complain when he was benched.

Now that Brunell is gone he should no longer be disliked by redskins fans because theres no chance of him coming out and throwing another pass on 3rd and 8 to betts for 3 yards.

Just kidding.. Brunell earns a coke and a smile from me just for THE comeback. I didn't get to see it live, but it was definitely a classic redskins moment.

MB is a class act. He came here to prove that he can still play and he did. He was asked to take a pay cut and he did. He was asked to play third string and he did. The man has taken all the unwanted criticism for his team and has handled better than anyone could ask. To MB, thanks for being a Redskin. I'll always remember that Monday Night 9/19/05 against Dallas.

MB is a class act. He came here to prove that he can still play and he did. He was asked to take a pay cut and he did. He was asked to play third string and he did. The man has taken all the unwanted criticism for his team and has handled better than anyone could ask. To MB, thanks for being a Redskin. I'll always remember that Monday Night 9/19/05 against Dallas.

this sums up my feeling !! great comment

I never understood the vitriol towards the guy. He is eminently likeable and did as well as any other Redskins QB in two decades. If he is just a target, that negative energy is best saved for other scumbags in the Redskins world.

My thoughts exactly, down to the use of "vitriol." I'm surprised by the early results of the poll; my guess is that if it had been conducted last year, the votes would've looked much different. Even last year, when his head was being called for, he was still an above-average quarterback; I guess now that he's not in danger of being our starter, people like him again.

we had some good times.

I hated him a ton, especially in 2006. However, I don't think he necessarily set the team back at all, despite his poor performances. He was a valuable member and took everything set upon him in style and professionalism.

I'm gonna miss saying "it's brunell's fault" or "that effin Brunell"

Brunell is the definition of TEAM player. He did everything he was asked to do and more, including driving Gibbs to the hospital.

While his play may not always have been what we wanted, he pretty much gave everything he had. His heroics against Dallas ensured his place in Redskins history and I'll always be grateful for that.

Archived