Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you miss Mark Brunell?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

*Good justification of the ridiculously small sample size of 15 pass attempts "cuz that's how bad he was" :laugh: Or maybe that is how good CP was, and how good Tampa's #1 D was.

this is exactly how I feel about the Tampa game. Brunell wasn't really given a chance to do anything. The O-line was caving in on him and it's not like he's 6'6" and can see over them in time to throw it somewhere.

Also, the WRs that game STUNK. Nobody was open anywhere past 5 yards off the line. They probably gave up, expecting the O-line to collapse and thus didn't see a point to running good, solid medium-to-deep routes.

I'll think highly of Mark. He wasn't the greatest qb we've had but he certainly wasn't the worst. I'll always remember the Dallas game most of all, but second i'd say the OT win pass he made to Moss against Jacksonville a couple of years ago. When he was demoted to 3rd string last season he accepted it without yelling and crying. I hope he can go somewhere and do well or just go home to Florida and retire a Jag. Thanks Mark!!

I will never forget this...

My 2 brothers and I went to the Sean Taylor memorial game vs. Buffalo, it was the best game I have ever been to (considering the circumstances).

We waited for the players to walk out and go to their cars, and my brother's half brother was wearing a Mark Brunell jersey. He screamed, "Mark! Come on I have your jersey on, bro!"

Mark beckoned him over, talked to him, and signed his jersey. That was one of the funniest moments I've ever had at a Redskins game, because I don't think Mark heard him say "I'm the only one in the entire damned stadium with your jersey on."

:laugh:

I'll miss 'ol Marky. :(

It kind of marks the end of the Gibbs II era, for me.

Keep it! I have one too, I plan on keeping mine.

Mark was one of my favorite QBs before he joined the Skins, and I will miss the guy. He wasn't a starter, his time ran out. But he was a valuable member of the team, he tried his best and he supported the starting QB and didn't complain when he was benched.

EXACTLY,thats why I just cannot get why the media and some fans give him crap,he had alot to crap to deal with anyway.

I can't lie...I had someone buy me his jersey the year he got signed...I sported it big time when he broke the consecutive pass completions at Houston. That same year he threw 20+ TDs, I think...IMO he coulda shoulda been pro bowl. So, yes I'll miss him...he was a trooper for awhile. The way Jacksonville pushed him aside in favor of Leftwich (who's gone too) Maybe come retirement he'll wear a Skins' hat. Who knows?

MB is a wonderful human being. I loved the man, but hated the QB.

As a QB, he should have retired 4 years ago. I've been watching Redskins football for 35 years and many of his performances were some of the worst I've ever seen from a Redskins QB.

He is still a great person.

My only dislike was what we signed him for, when everyone of the NFL insiders were writing that his mobility was gone and arm strength and accuracy was average . Was he a good signing when Joe came on board ? yes. Was he worth what Danny & Vinny signed him to NO!. Thats the reason the guy was taking up bench and money space all last year. Not his fault I know. Also can remember those games including the Seattle loss and Tampa Bay win where he looked totally inept and his passing literally made me sick. Was a great QB unfortunately it was with Jacksonville we got the Shadow.

One of the most classy Redskins and men on the field and off. An awesome teacher for Jason and leader for this team. And like Joe Gibbs, a wonderful, spiritual guy who I'm thankful was around for the tragedy of last year/losing Sean. I will miss you, Mark. Thank you for all that you did for this team, for all the great plays, memories, and class. God bless you always. :helmet:

My only dislike was what we signed him for, when everyone of the NFL insiders were writing that his mobility was gone and arm strength and accuracy was average . Was he a good signing when Joe came on board ? yes. Was he worth what Danny & Vinny signed him to NO!. Thats the reason the guy was taking up bench and money space all last year. Not his fault I know. Also can remember those games including the Seattle loss and Tampa Bay win where he looked totally inept and his passing literally made me sick. Was a great QB unfortunately it was with Jacksonville we got the Shadow.

I think this is what causes the most "hatred" for Mark Brunell.

Brunell did a good job on the whole, he just never lived up to what we gave up for him (kind of like Deion Sanders).

Archived