Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will you miss Mark Brunell?

moss1981

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Nothing against Brunell. I remember the good times. The 2 late TDs vs Dallas is a classic Redskins moment. And the completion record. Plus the 35-7 thrashing of Dallas. Good luck to Mark. Thanks for the memories.

How about that TD pass to Moss in OT against Jax

Will I miss Mark Brunell?

That depends, what am I throwing at him?

good one. :laugh:

but seriously, for all the previously mentioned reasons- esp dallas 14-13, dallas 35-7- i will miss him. he was always a class act. :applause:

Well, I'm glad I don't have to yell "Throw the f****** ball" anymore at the TV in front of my kids. Just kidding! But regardless of the countless frustrations he's caused us while at QB, he also gave us a few great memories that we shouldn't ever forget.

Thanks for the memories MB!

He prevented Gibbs II from reaching the SB.

He caused Portis' injury in 06.

We wasted multiple draft picks because of him.

He was a worse acquisition than Lloyd. Lloyd didn't lose multiple games for us, Mr. Noodle Arm did.

The fact that he played as many games as he did, probably makes him among the worst Redskins players of all time. He is the worst of my lifetime.

He was a worse acquisition than Lloyd. Lloyd didn't lose multiple games for us, Mr. Noodle Arm did.

The fact that he played as many games as he did, probably makes him among the worst Redskins players of all time. He is the worst of my lifetime.

You couldn't be more wrong, and your logic couldn't be any more ass backwards.

We wasted multiple draft picks to get Lloyd, who did precisely squat to help us win. If we'd signed someone off the street, we would have gained more than by not trading for him.

Brunell led us to the playoffs, made clutch plays, provided leadership and was a team role model. Your analysis is short-sighted and downright false.

Man...

If all of our 'worst' QBs could take us to the postseason we'd be set!

He played well in '05, and if we had a little better receiving corps we would've beat Seattle, IMO. One of the most awesome seasons, '05 was...and it's always going to stick out amongst highlight clips because of those all white uniforms!

No, Brunnel did not cost us as much as Michael Westbrook, Desmond Howard, or Heath Shuler.

I have mixed feelings about him...he played good, but at the same time I think we way overpaid for him his first couple seasons here.

Yes...he took a paycut and was happy to fill a supporting role to younger QBs for a while...that redeemed him a bit in my eyes.

I will miss him - not so much as a QB though he did give us some good memories on the field. That Monday night win in Dallas will be one that will live in my memory and Redskins history.

I'll miss him more for what he brought as a person, his humor and his personality. He seemed like a really really class act to me. I wish him well and if he takes up coaching would like to see him maybe back as our QB coach at some point.

I'm not saying this to be a jerk, but rather to provide a bit of guidance. It's usually not a good thing when someone who just joined the board a couple of weeks ago has started three of the threads on the first page of the Stadium.

Welcome to the board moss1981. Again, I'm not trying to be a jerk. But sometimes the best way to introduce yourself to the board is to look around, read, get a feel for the lay of the land, and post in a few existing threads...and eventually maybe even start a thread of your own. But no need to go hog wild right out of the gate. :)

:cheers:

Archived