Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

You are "Vinny" who do you pick first?

Never4get#21

C'mon...are you serious? We had zero pass rush up the middle last season...and the season before. The Giants showed what an attacking d-line can do. Our d-line made Tony Homo a pro bowler!!

how many td's did our wide receivers have last year? did you not read my post at all? sure it be nice to have it all, but we need a first round wide reciever like early doucet to step into this west coast offense not a d-tackle.

Im suprized no one is looking at the one of the most glaring hole in our defense [sAFETY]. Reed played "ok" but he's bad in coverage and he got hurt in run support. Is he really the future at safety? I MISS ST!! If Denver and Carolina pass on Kenny Phillips I dont see how we can pass him up. He's a great safety and there less of a risk going safety as opposed to WR/DE.

With that said, If Phillips is gone we'll probably lean towards Calais. He has size to play inside and out.

I'm not saying we should get an LB in the first... I absolutely don't think we should I would like us to get a DE or DT in the first round... however, I am a huge fan of Marcus Washington and have watched his abilities decrease dramatically as of late. Rocky McIntosh is in rehab after a pretty horrible injury. Blades is a great backup at this point and soon to be starter, and London Fletcher is really doing an excellent job. What do we do about our OLB's? Do you think we should address that issue in this draft? I certainly think we should somewhere in the draft. Just wondering if there were any shining later round LB's we could look at?

Sign Florence and Hackett and take the BPA D-lineman available.

I totally agree with your assesment Oldskool. I am going to post a new thread on where I think we are going with the draft basing it on the fact that I think these 2 players will be our signings for the offseason in free agency.

I'd trade down the first pick or two for more picks if possible, but regardless first pick goes to best DT available, 2nd pick goes to best OL available. 3rd pick to best DE available.

As for the rest BPA and in either the 6th or 7th round pick a QB if one was not picked up already as BPA an earlier round.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm hoping we pick him as we have to start thinking about newer guys on the OL. Besides, he played HS football for my hometown... :laugh:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=9100

We need a right tackle and we should trade out of the first to do it and that person would be Gosder Cherilus from Boston College. He played left tackle in college but is projected as a right tackle in the pros and can also play guard.

Aqib Talib, because our secondary is looking pretty thin right now, or Calais Campbell, I'm coming around on him but NO to Kentwan Balmer

Why Campbell when he had a horrible workout and underachieved in college?

Why no to Balmer? I didn't watch him much in college but if scouts have him going in the first round I can imagine he palyed pretty good!:2cents:

Why Campbell when he had a horrible workout and underachieved in college?

Why no to Balmer? I didn't watch him much in college but if scouts have him going in the first round I can imagine he palyed pretty good!:2cents:

No way do we go Calais in the first anymore. I need to edit my thread lol.

I like Balmer, but I think we can get Dre Moore or Trevor Laws in the 2-3 rounds and save #21 for Cromartie, Talib, or Jenkins!!

it sounds crazy but i wouldn't be opposed to that if the price was right

I think with the injury risks he slides hard. Like warren sapp with the drug issues. He may even be there at #21. Look what happened last year with Alan Branch. Alot of people were saying we should take him with our #1 and instead he slipped to the 2nd. I could see the same thing with Dorsey. Branch basiclly had the same type of injuries. If he is there at #21 im jumping for joy. I would not be opposed to moving up if he slips to 15 or so either. Im hoping for Sweed, Kelly, or Hardy in round one. Then Jackson or Merling with the injury in round two. How great would it be if Dorsey slipped to us at #21 and then in round 2 one of Merling, Hardy, or Devin Thomas was still around.

Archived