Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction Thread - How much longer will Ron Paul last in the 2008 election?

footballhenry

So I have a question....just because someone is in the minority, does that then mean that they have no right to be heard or taken seriously?

Seriously, I want an answer from one of you posters that espouse insults instead of reasoned answers.

The question at hand is how far do you think RP will make it?

"4% = Irrelevant" is NOT an answer :doh:

And by the way, I don't believe that the millions that truly believe in this constitutional message find this bid 'irrelevant'. This campaign gives hope for future libertarians/constitutionalists, to motivate and empower change that may come in future elections. Ron Paul's bid is NOT just about this election, but about opening the door for a wider debate in future elections.

He's not irrelevant to this twenty-two year old....no sir. He is the ONLY politician that has been able to motivate me, my understanding of our constitution, and focus my thinking for the future for this country. As a political science student, thats significant...at least of course to me. :2cents:

Glad to see he's had an impact on you.

Now try to look at what impact he's had on the elections so far.

Therein lies your answers.

Ron Paul has had a nice little grass roots campaign and made college kids everywhere foam at the mouth. Many are probably not sure why they are, but hey, it's cool, it's trendy!

And with all that time they had to talk CNN said Huckabee one.

It was unfair to Huck & RP.

As much as I thought McCain hurt himself coming across as a grumpy old man last night. I think Paul hurt himself by not being assertive.

I don't disagree with that.

I felt like he needed to be as rude as the others....but he is too much of a gentlemen and statesmen to do that, i guess.

I actually find Huch quite entertaining...

Glad to see he's had an impact on you.

Now try to look at what impact he's had on the elections so far.

Therein lies your answers.

Ron Paul has had a nice little grass roots campaign and made college kids everywhere foam at the mouth. Many are probably not sure why they are, but hey, it's cool, it's trendy!

Are you kidding? He's changed the ENTIRE rhetoric of the candidates regarding domestic issues.

He's inspired 100's of thousands of young men to take up interest in politics.

I don't disagree with that.

I felt like he needed to be as rude as the others....but he is too much of a gentlemen and statesmen to do that, i guess.

I actually find Huch quite entertaining...

My point is that the media tries to make it a 2 man race with only 10% of the delegates gone. They did not give a far amount of time to either RP or Huck. But when they both had an opportunity to respond they did well. But I was glad Huck got on to them about the lack of questions their way.

Reminds of me all the protestors at the World Bank :laugh: :doh:

Are you kidding? He's changed the ENTIRE rhetoric of the candidates regarding domestic issues.

He's inspired 100's of thousands of young men to take up interest in politics.

Let's see how long their interest lasts once Paul doesn't win the presidential election.

IMO, this is a "fad" if there's anything that can be a "fad" in politics.

Let's wait before carving Ron Paul's face into mount Rushmore, k?

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580721/20080131/id_0.jhtml

Senator, congressman join Senator Hillary Clinton, former Governor Mike Huckabee for Saturday event Confirmed For MTV/MySpace's 'Closing Arguments'

The "Super" dialogue will take place just days before the biggest one-day slate of caucuses and primaries in U.S. history. All candidates polling at 10 percent or more nationally were extended an invitation to address the nation another time and reach the pivotal youth voting bloc, which has been turning out in record numbers so far this year and is expected to also do so for November's general election.

The "Super Dialogue" will give each participating candidate an opportunity to engage with the audience and to address questions posed by online viewers via MySpaceIM and ChooseOrLose.com as well as from the live, college-age audience in MTV's Times Square studio. Candidates can either participate in the studio or via satellite from the campaign trail. MTV News correspondents Sway Calloway and Gideon Yago, and WashingtonPost.com political reporter Chris Cillizza, will moderate.

My logic behind believing Paul can make it that far is mainly due to (a) the enormous record-breaking sums of money he was able to raise

Umm, I just want to point out that Hillary Clinton has raised 90 million dollars so far, and Barack Obama has raised 80 million. Ron Paul has raised 8 million. Ten percent of the lead amount is enormous and recordbreaking?

Paul will go all the way to the end. It isn't like it cost anything to "stay running". It isn't like he has to spend a certainly amount of money to officially stay in the race. Kucinich will do the samething. Hopefully, eventually the Republicans will cut him out of the debates the way the Dems have to Kucinich.

Anybody that doubts that the Paul supporters want to go to a convention and try and "steal" it need to look at this video on his web page:

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

His supporters have been planning this since AT LEAST before the Nevada caucus.

Will it work, I don't know, but I took the time to look at how things work in NJ.

psst -

Kucinich droped out.....

http://www.dennis4president.com/go/homepage-items/kucinich-withdraws-from-presidential-race/

Paul will go all the way to the end. It isn't like it cost anything to "stay running". It isn't like he has to spend a certainly amount of money to officially stay in the race. Kucinich will do the samething. Hopefully, eventually the Republicans will cut him out of the debates the way the Dems have to Kucinich.

Anybody that doubts that the Paul supporters want to go to a convention and try and "steal" it need to look at this video on his web page:

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

His supporters have been planning this since AT LEAST before the Nevada caucus.

Will it work, I don't know, but I took the time to look at how things work in NJ.

Damn Pete, did I spook you with that.

Umm, I just want to point out that Hillary Clinton has raised 90 million dollars so far, and Barack Obama has raised 80 million. Ron Paul has raised 8 million. Ten percent of the lead amount is enormous and recordbreaking?

Hmmm...I count 24 million in the 4th quarter and 1st month of this year.... :doh:

Yeah, I hoped so too, then last night happened.

They openly sidestepped him and didn't let him answer certain questions.

McCain and Romney each got over 20 minutes to talk, including the nauseating he said, she said debate.....while Paul got to talk for 5 minutes.

Unreal.

Meanwhile, they are all talking about Ronald Reagan this and that while Ron Paul is the only one who had Reagan campaign for him.

Q) So Mr Paul, what is your position on taxes?

A) Get rid of the IRS.

Q) And?

A) Nothing.

Q) What about foreign policy?

A) Close all foreign military bases and bring all of the troops home.

Q) And?

A) Nothing.

OK. Thank you Mr Paul. :laugh:

Q) So Mr Paul, what is your position on taxes?

A) Get rid of the IRS.

Q) And?

A) Nothing.

Q) What about foreign policy?

A) Close all foreign military bases and bring all of the troops home.

Q) And?

A) Nothing.

OK. Thank you Mr Paul. :laugh:

A true free market capitalist. Ah, it would have been a thing of beauty. Peace, prosperity and ability to pursue happiness for all. :)

Unfortunately, all doesn't want those things. :(

A true free market capitalist. Ah, it would have been a thing of beauty. Peace, prosperity and ability to pursue happiness for all. :)

Unfortunately, all doesn't want those things. :(

No, unfortunately reality and Paul's loony fantasy world are two different things. :laugh:

And why do I picture you're eyes glazed over as if in some hypnotic, drug induced trance when you say that?

No, unfortunately reality and Paul's loony fantasy world are two different things. :laugh:

And why do I picture you're eyes glazed over as if in some hypnotic, drug induced trance when you say that?

Mike, which of Pauls issues do you have a problem with? Feel free to copy and paste the issues and check what you don't like or feel are crazy. Thanks.

Lowered gov't spending.

Economy less dependent on China and SA.

Not printing more money without backing.

Removing the income tax/16th amendment.

Not taxing savings

Not taxing investments

Reducing forign economic commitments

Cutting taxes for for working seniors

Making medical expenses tax deductable

Allowing doctors to negotiate costs with insurance companies

Making HSAs avalible to everybody

Cutting the inflation tax

Not giving visas to people from countries who support terrorists

Going after OBL (which he voted FOR) in Afganistan

Allowing armed guards on flights

Using our defensive spending on defense

No Amnesty for illegals

Enforce visa rules, by removing anyone who oversatys them

No welfare for illegals

Ending birthright citizenships

Not having a national ID card

Requiring search warrents

Not allowing domestic wire taps, without judicial oversight

Not allowing medical companies to share your personal info

Tax cuts to companies that hire Vets

Giving the military a raise

Increasing health care to vets

Reforming the VA

Ending the requirment of vets, to give up retirement benis for disability pay

Tax credits to solar and wind energy

Reducing subsidies and repeal regulations on Nuclear energy

Using property rights, to reduce pollution

Keeping your guns

Mike, which of Pauls issues do you have a problem with? Feel free to copy and paste the issues and check what you don't like or feel are crazy. Thanks.

Dude. I'm sorry but there are too many to list. And BTW you aren't even listing them correctly. I have heard Paul say he's not interested in a flat tax. He wants no income tax of any kind. And that's just for starters. You should at least learn what your loon is saying before asking me what I disagree with. :doh:

Archived