Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prediction Thread - How much longer will Ron Paul last in the 2008 election?

footballhenry

I just want to know how you think Ron Paul will fair in the coming weeks-months of the Republican Election. Do you think he's going to drop out after Super Tuesday due to poor showings in the primaries? or Is he going to surprise everyone, and finish in a strong third place usurping Huckabee and giving him legs for the long-haul?

I personally think this thing could go down to a brokered convention where anything could happen with Romney, McCain, and Paul.

My logic behind believing Paul can make it that far is mainly due to (a) the enormous record-breaking sums of money he was able to raise (B) the strong, passionate grassroots support.

I do not believe he will win in the delegate voting process at the convention though simply because McCain looks poised to take over as the new hawk for the Republican Party. :2cents:

So simply put, how far will Ron Paul make it before being out of the election?

Also, has his making it this far in the first place surprise anyone?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*ahem*

My apologies. Continue the craziness. :cheers:

So just laugh and call him crazy instead of adding anything of substance to the thread. Grow up!

I personally think Paul will last all the way but won't come anywhere close to getting the nomination. The Republican party is no longer the party of small limited government and fiscal constraint. The GOP has been hijacked by ex democrat neo con warmongers that want to give entitlements to everyone without having the money to do so.

I think Paul may end up running as an independent because of all the money he's continually been able to raise and by the time the general election rolls around the country will be in even deeper economic trouble and his fiscal policies will make a lot more sense to the American people.

He asked a specific question.

I just want to know how you think Ron Paul will fair in the coming weeks-months of the Republican Election. Do you think he's going to drop out after Super Tuesday due to poor showings in the primaries? or Is he going to surprise everyone, and finish in a strong third place usurping Huckabee and giving him legs for the long-haul?

All you can say is 4%.

How am I living in a fairy tale world? By saying his not going to get the nomination? What did I say that makes you think I'm living in a fairy tale world?

He asked a specific question.

All you can say is 4%.

How am I living in a fairy tale world? By saying his not going to get the nomination? What did I say that makes you think I'm living in a fairy tale world?

Meh. I guess it's just the Ron Paul fatigue/Ron Paul conspiracy theories/Ron Paul bombardment that I'm sick of. If I jumped the gun with you personally, then I apologize.

I guess I simply don't understand why a guy polling at 4% nationally is even mentioned. Giuliani had the good sense to drop out, and he was polling three, almost four times higher. So is Huckabee.

I don't know how long Ron Paul will hang around. But I do know this. All he's doing is wasting his supporters' money. Granted that's their choice, I just don't see the point in it.

Ron Paul simply is not relevant. It truly is that simple. And the comment about the brokered convention, and Paul being in that mix is simply laughable. I can't, and won't, take that back.

Why is there yet another thread about this clown? Hell, I have as much relevance in this presidential race as Ron Paul does and I haven't raised several million dollars like he has. I really would like to know what his ratio of dollars raised to votes are. Two million dollars per 1% of the vote? :laugh: Please, stop the madness. :doh:

By the way, my prediction is: I don't give a ****. :D

I don't know. The smaller the field, I think the better his exposure gets.

I have a feeling he may eventually run as an independent with Kucinich. If it's Clinton vs. McCain, Paul would be the only person running on the anti-war vote and the way Americans seem to be getting fed up with our two party system, it may give him a little more fuel.

I think if it does come down like that. I don't think the R's or D's are to passionite about their choices and may not show, thus further helping Paul.

I have a feeling he may eventually run as an independent with Kucinich. If it's Clinton vs. McCain, Paul would be the only person running on the anti-war vote and the way Americans seem to be getting fed up with our two party system, it may give him a little more fuel.

I think if it does come down like that. I don't think the R's or D's are to passionite about their choices and may not show, thus further helping Paul.

4% = Irrelevant

So I have a question....just because someone is in the minority, does that then mean that they have no right to be heard or taken seriously?

Seriously, I want an answer from one of you posters that espouse insults instead of reasoned answers.

The question at hand is how far do you think RP will make it?

"4% = Irrelevant" is NOT an answer :doh:

And by the way, I don't believe that the millions that truly believe in this constitutional message find this bid 'irrelevant'. This campaign gives hope for future libertarians/constitutionalists, to motivate and empower change that may come in future elections. Ron Paul's bid is NOT just about this election, but about opening the door for a wider debate in future elections.

He's not irrelevant to this twenty-two year old....no sir. He is the ONLY politician that has been able to motivate me, my understanding of our constitution, and focus my thinking for the future for this country. As a political science student, thats significant...at least of course to me. :2cents:

Yeah, I hoped so too, then last night happened.

They openly sidestepped him and didn't let him answer certain questions.

McCain and Romney each got over 20 minutes to talk, including the nauseating he said, she said debate.....while Paul got to talk for 5 minutes.

Unreal.

Meanwhile, they are all talking about Ronald Reagan this and that while Ron Paul is the only one who had Reagan campaign for him.

So I have a question....just because someone is in the minority, does that then mean that they have no right to be heard or taken seriously?

Seriously, I want an answer from one of you posters that espouse insults instead of reasoned answers.

The question at hand is how far do you think RP will make it?

"4% = Irrelevant" is NOT an answer :doh:

And by the way, I don't believe that the millions that truly believe in this constitutional message find this bid 'irrelevant'. This campaign gives hope for future libertarians/constitutionalists, to motivate and empower change that may come in future elections. Ron Paul's bid is NOT just about this election, but about opening the door for a wider debate in future elections.

He's not irrelevant to this twenty-two year old....no sir. He is the ONLY politician that has been able to motivate me, my understanding of our constitution, and focus my thinking for the future for this country. As a political science student, thats significant...at least of course to me. :2cents:

Good answer sir. Good luck with your future endeavors. :applause:

I don't see him dropping out anytime soon. I doubt he will get the nomination unless some funky stuff goes on at the convention, but I think the main reason he'll stay in the race is to continue to try to get his message out to the rest of the country. I think that's his priority, not winning the nomination. Consequently, as long as he has money there's no reason for him to drop out if he doesn't have the expectation of getting the nomination.

McCain and Romney each got over 20 minutes to talk, including the nauseating he said, she said debate.....while Paul got to talk for 5 minutes.

Unreal

And with all that time they had to talk CNN said Huckabee one.

It was unfair to Huck & RP.

As much as I thought McCain hurt himself coming across as a grumpy old man last night. I think Paul hurt himself by not being assertive.

It depends whether Paul still wants to be a congressman. Texas's primary is next month. Did Ron give up his seat? Or does he still want to be a congressman. Kucinich dropped out to go back to running for his congressional seat. He could loose his primary next month.

RP will either drop out to run for his congressional seat or he will stay in for a little while longer while contemplating an independent bid.

The convention will not be brokered. Mccain will win big delegate rich states next week. Huckabee will either win the southern states or tip those to either Mccain or Romney. Romney will win some states but those with not many delegates. Mccain or Romney should be the clear leader after next week. They will probably sue up the nomination in march. The republican race is heading to a conclusion in about a month. Romney doesn't do well next week; he could drop out.

RP will not be a factor in the republican nomination. He could run in the fall and maybe get 5% or 10% depending on who the democratic nominee is.

I personally don't think he'll pass Huckabee, but it's possible, I guess. I could see him staying for the long haul, however, and that could take votes away from one of the others who has a better chance of winning.

RP was done from the begining, and he was my 2nd choice candidate. While he raises great points, he has been branded a loon from the media... and people can not get past that.

The thing is Romney is in serious trouble now. In the more Liberal states he is battling and losing to McCain. In the the Southern/Mid West states where Huckabee is strong he is running 3rd behind Huck, and McCain.

I'm hoping McCain screws up in the next couple of days. Because of all the Candidates he is least Republican.

Paul will go all the way to the end. It isn't like it cost anything to "stay running". It isn't like he has to spend a certainly amount of money to officially stay in the race. Kucinich will do the samething. Hopefully, eventually the Republicans will cut him out of the debates the way the Dems have to Kucinich.

Anybody that doubts that the Paul supporters want to go to a convention and try and "steal" it need to look at this video on his web page:

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

His supporters have been planning this since AT LEAST before the Nevada caucus.

Will it work, I don't know, but I took the time to look at how things work in NJ.

Have you ever researched his positions and support to answer your own question?

Why is he?

Yes I have.

Support? You mean his throngs of myspace supporters, most of whom can't even vote yet? Yeah, I've checked them out too :laugh:

Have you checked out his support among likely voters?

Yeah....

I personally think this thing could go down to a brokered convention where anything could happen with Romney, McCain, and Paul.

My logic behind believing Paul can make it that far is mainly due to (a) the enormous record-breaking sums of money he was able to raise (B) the strong, passionate grassroots support.

How can it be a brokered convention??? McCain will win the nom next tuesday. If Perot taught us anything it DOESN'T matter how much money you have what matters is what you do with it.

Paul has done nothing with his which is why he is an after thought.

I'm telling you guys now this is going to convention, and McCain & Romney do not want this. But more so McCain because he is not a conservative.

The grass root guys like Huck & RP are better prepared for this at this time.

I'm not saying they are going to win, but it is going to shake up things.

So at this point I'm glad RP is still in it, and I wish Rudy would have stayed in.

Nobody is going to have 51% at this point.

Archived