Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Trufant anybody???

FloridaSkinsFan2

Marcus Trufant, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Trufant’s contract has voided based on playing time and given the team’s commitment to other players at his position, it appears that the cornerback will be looking for a starting position elsewhere. His 2004 season was easily his best, when he compiled 96 total tackles, five interceptions, and a sack. He was unable to match that type of production until this season, in which he has 77 total tackles and seven interceptions. He will be one of the top defensive targets on the market.

Marcus Trufant, UFA, Seattle Seahawks

Trufant’s contract has voided based on playing time and given the team’s commitment to other players at his position, it appears that the cornerback will be looking for a starting position elsewhere. His 2004 season was easily his best, when he compiled 96 total tackles, five interceptions, and a sack. He was unable to match that type of production until this season, in which he has 77 total tackles and seven interceptions. He will be one of the top defensive targets on the market.

Anyone worried whether this might be a contract year flash-in-the-pan? Anyone remember Kenard Lang and how he came on strong in his contract year?

Anyone worried whether this might be a contract year flash-in-the-pan? Anyone remember Kenard Lang and how he came on strong in his contract year?

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Getting him would allow us to see how carlos is doing, and be flexible with Springs, that's for sure. But you have to sign him for less this year then springs would make if we cut him, even if that means signing him for 7 years or something.

If Springs is going then yes I would be all over this guy. He is very good starting caliber corne who also plays the run well. He is not as good a cover guy as Samuel from the Pats but will be a LOT cheaper.

That said will teh Hawks not want to at least tag him?

He's going to demand money, and I'd rather invest money up front before spending big money on a CB. Trufant or any other CB in the league will look like crap without an effective pass rush. Probably the main reason he looked so good in our playoff game was because we were getting dominated up front.

Just like everything else, you need to balance all the needs. Signing him, means giving something up elsewhere. Nothing's free. And my unscientific alanysis says that resources spent on the defensive line might provide more fruit. A better pass rush, would negate the need for a shut down secondary position player at every spot.

Archived