Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Trufant anybody???

FloridaSkinsFan2

Trufant Scouting Report (Source: SportingNews.com)

Strengths: Strong and athletic. Has fluid hips, a quick pedal and great balance. Smooth in transition and fast enough to turn and run with most receivers. Has excellent leaping ability and ball skills and fills hard against the run.

Weaknesses: Occasionally fooled. Must make quicker reads. Will get out of position and open his hips early. Lacks elite size.

Bottom line: Trufant is a solid player but hasn't developed as quickly as expected.

Pass. He benefits from the pass rush. He would be toast on our team. If Gregg Williams becomes the HC, he would not last. AA part 2. Out of position defensive players find themselves rotting on the bench.

It is always good to do both, but we should keep our first 2 picks no doubt

I disagree. Look at the final four teams, what do they all have in common (minus NY to an extent)? They avoid free agency like the plague and fill all their offseason needs through the draft. This free agency bull**** has got to stop, especially for these top tier positions that we would have to pay through the nose for. Trufant is not good enough to pay the top money he's gonna demand on the market.

Seattle PI

"I would not expect to do what we did last year," he said. "Last year, we popped big with Kerney and (safety) Deon Grant and (safety Brian Russell), and we popped early." This year the top priorities are re-signing their own players scheduled to become unrestricted free agents -- especially Trufant, kicker Josh Brown and right tackle Sean Locklear.

On Faneca, Holmgren offered, "Never say never, but our approach is going to be different this year."

Trufant Scouting Report (Source: SportingNews.com)

Strengths: Strong and athletic. Has fluid hips, a quick pedal and great balance. Smooth in transition and fast enough to turn and run with most receivers. Has excellent leaping ability and ball skills and fills hard against the run.

Weaknesses: Occasionally fooled. Must make quicker reads. Will get out of position and open his hips early. Lacks elite size.

Bottom line: Trufant is a solid player but hasn't developed as quickly as expected.

Pass. He benefits from the pass rush. He would be toast on our team. If Gregg Williams becomes the HC, he would not last. AA part 2. Out of position defensive players find themselves rotting on the bench.

Show springs scouting report... cuase Springs is the same type of cornerback Trufant is. Will gamble for big plays. The guy is a gregg williams type db as well since he tackles well.

This guy is worth it. I know we need a defensive end but Smoot is not 1st string material if we want to win a Super Bowl someday.

Anyone worried whether this might be a contract year flash-in-the-pan? Anyone remember Kenard Lang and how he came on strong in his contract year?

YES. Absolutely DO NOT break the bank on this guy. He has had two good seasons, this year he was mainly a product of a very disruptive line and a good scheme. Forget about him unless we get Mora as coach, which I also don't want.

We need a new CB this offseason, Springs won't be around much longer no matter what the contract status ends up being. Luckily there are three really good ones available, so that should help keep costs down - maybe.

I look at it this way if we cut springs normally this year we would have 2.5 million to spend on Truifant. Not a lot but we can guarantee next year bonus money and get it done.

Don't count the possibility of Springs restructuring out just yet. He was asked to switch positions and take a pay cut last year. He was insulted and refused. It was this bitterness that led him to say no to a restructure as well. If the fences where mended this season (no reason to believe otherwise) then he probably will do what is best for the club. We shall see....

Either way we can throw any recent offseason history out the window. New coaches probably with new powers given back to the Dan. No one has any clue what will happen come Feb 28th.

Show springs scouting report... cuase Springs is the same type of cornerback Trufant is. Will gamble for big plays. The guy is a gregg williams type db as well since he tackles well.

This guy is worth it. I know we need a defensive end but Smoot is not 1st string material if we want to win a Super Bowl someday.

Springs' and Trufant's scouting reports maybe similiar the one fact that you left out is Springs excelled behind a nonexistent where Trufant benefited from an excellent pass rush. When that pass rush was negated by GB, he was burned like toast by Jennings.

Correct me if i am wrong but this is the same Trufant that was burned time and time again in the GB game.
Not sure that the GB game was exactly a shining example of any Seahawks D ...

Patrick was non-existant on the GB stat sheet as well - yet they are both Pro-Bowlers :cool:

Correct me if i am wrong but this is the same Trufant that was burned time and time again in the GB game.

I think most of you all are getting carried away by what he did against us.

You can't say "isn't he the guy who got burnt" and then " say you can't get carried away with what he did against us". Look at his numbers for the last few seasons. He's pretty good.

Archived