Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Marcus Trufant anybody???

FloridaSkinsFan2

Draft linemen, preferably O-Line. We have only drafted 3 top quality O-line in the last 10 years and it shows in the mediocrity of the offense. (Dockery 2003, Samuels 2000, Jansen 1999). This trash about "good offensive linemen are always available in the later rounds", obviously doesn't work for the Redskins. Any OL drafted in the past 10 years past the third round has not played a down during the regular season.

You can make all the excuses in the world about how our line got hurt, but that happens when your O-Line gets old. Jansen and Thomas may come back, but it's almost impossible to make it a full season without a severe injury. We can't teach youth, size, or speed. How about drafting it this time?

The last (and the only) time we drafted offensive line in the first two rounds (1981) we followed the next 2 years with the best offense the Skins ever had. (1982 and 1983) CB's and WR's and Safeties and RB's all make a big splash when they're drafted. But you build an offense with the O-line first. If you get a "skill player" in the draft, without a dominant O-line, his career is wasted or cut short because there is no time for the QB to throw and there are no holes for the RB's to go through.

Mark it down, if Vinny and Dan and the new HC draft another splashy "skill player" and wait to pick up "those good offensive linemen that are available in the later rounds" we're going to have another season of mediocrity on offense. We'll have another season where scoring inside the 5 on first-and-goal is a dream and not a reality.

Draft OL & DL! Sign CB's and WR's in FA! CB's and WR's are very hard to draft. There is too much risk.

You are right. But every position, there is some sort of risk involved. I'm not confident in a personnel group that signed patten, lloyd and randel el for that type of money.

Most of the CBs on the FA market are usually top tier($$$) or 2nd tier talent that fits the nickel and dime roles.

We need a #1 corner if springs leaves, a LB soon to replace MW and take over while Rocky recovers. I think the only position on our defense right now that we dont need is DT. It is fairly reasonable to get a backup DT thru FA

I still think we sit at #21 unless we get an offer to Trade down. If it came between a CB or DE/DT to pick I'd say get the DT/DE, but if the best available is a Guard, go ahead and take it. We need a top 3 pick on a Guard this year, and maybe a late round one too.

Archived