Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WalterFootball.com 3 Round Mock, HailRedskins Mock,ect. Mock (merged,M.E.T.)

michael_33

James Laurinaitis is staying so that means the mock is already wrong there :/

Who is Kentwan Balmer? I've never heard of him before hrms..

This draft sucks, not one WVU player in the first three rounds? No Slaton or Owen Schmitt. I can understand if Slaton falls, but schmitt? wow.

Ah, how did I know that one was coming. As I've disproved a couple of times, the Michigan wideout perception is totally fueled by myth and one gigantic bust in David Terrell and obviously Desmond Howard (hey, a Super Bowl MVP and consistently being one of the better return men of all time isn't the WORST possible outcome of a draft pick.)

Now let's look at contributors and stars from Michigan at wideout:

Braylon Edwards (i fought on this board a number of times defending Braylon. Tried to tell you guys how it WOULD be worth it to trade up for him IF we did and that he had immense talent. "oh he's a mIchigan WR" ugh)

Amani Toomer--great career. Not a HoF player but a very, very solid player for many years in this league.

Jason Avant is a solid role playing wideout with Philly

Anthony Carter (one of the great ones from the past)

Derrick Alexander---productive wide receiver with some really good stats for a few years

Chris Calloway--4th round pick who played for 10-11 years in the league.

Greg McMurtry--3rd round pick--shorter career, less impressive but that's a third round pick not 'bust status' to put in 4 years or so in the league

Tai Streets---6th round pick. 6 years in the league

Then throw in Manningham and POSSIBLY Adrian Arrington and you've got two more solid contributors in the league.

:laugh:

I figured you'd come back on this. I'm half busting your chops, but I don't think the perception is totally unfair due to the failure of some high profile guys. I mean, none of those guys you mentioned have consistently been over the 1000 yard mark. Without looking, I'd say Toomer is probably the only one with more than 3 years over that mark. Edwards did have an great season finally in his third year, but it's too early to tell how consistent he'll be. He's got all the tools, though. I don't think a bunch of steady but sub 1000 yard producers will change people's minds.

It'll probably take a couple of Michigan WRs taken high in the draft that produce really well in the NFL before that perception goes away. Maybe if Braylon produces a few more years and if Manningham is the real deal people won't blow off Michigan wideouts.

Until then, Imma go with my boy Sweed over Manningham, if for nothing else than just pure homerism. :cheers:

I'd be judging how Michigan RB's do in the NFL before I'd harp on their WR's. :)

Perry has been our best recent hope but he couldn't stay healthy with Cincy.

Anthony Thomas had a good year or two, not a 'bust' but nothing great, either.

It's a Big 10 thing. For years now, you can rely on the Big 10 to produce quality QBs, WRs, TEs, DBs but NOT the thing they're most known for---running the ball (Running backs.)

as much as I love mock drafts (enough to make a 7 round mock every year) I got to admit, everyone thought we were taking a DT/DE last year...and well...you know

hailredskins had a bunch of laron landry followed by jamaal anderson. It was always between the best defensive player in the draft (landry) or the best DE available for us (anderson or adams if he fell).

Glad with our pick

James Laurinaitis already stated that he will stay in school. Who would the Bengals pick in his place?

Limas Sweed is on almost everyones list for WR's it seems... I will admit that I do not know a lot about him. Is he a lot of hype or could this kid really succeed in the NFL?

Sweed is damn good. Big (6-5 220), quick, is a jump ball fiend, has amazing body control in the air and has great hands. The main thing he needs to do is get his route running and breaks more precise, which can be done by coaching and training. Only thing is...I see no way he is a 2nd rounder, letalone later 2nd round unless he does poorly in the combine, which I doubt.

Some decent highlights:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=S8UQ2cZuHxw

Sweed will not be available, in the 2nd and our first to rounds should be dedicated to d-line and o-line. A tall possession receiver can be found easily in later rounds of the draft and I got a feeling were finding our Marques Colston this season, but its only a feeling. Anyways these mocks me nothing, nothing at all.

Archived