Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WalterFootball.com 3 Round Mock, HailRedskins Mock,ect. Mock (merged,M.E.T.)

michael_33

2008 Mock Draft: Round One

Last update: Sunday, Jan. 13, 2007. Some changes; juniors declaring.

Next update: Soon. Round 4 to be posted after juniors declare.

This NFL Draft order is based on the 2008 NFL Draft Order and 2008 Draft Prospect Rankings. I've posted a 2009 NFL Mock Draft for those who are interested.

Miami Dolphins: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

With the Tuna now a Dolphin, all bets are off. If he plans on coaching this team in a few years - which I think is a very realistic possibility - he may draft Chris Long as a perfect fit for his 3-4. He may also take Glenn Dorsey, the consensus No. 1 in mock drafts across the internet. Jake Long is also a possibility because the offensive front is in dire need of an upgrade.

I think we safely cross Jake Long off. Until recently, the Dolphins had surrendered less than two sacks per game, and had run the ball extremely well with Ronnie Brown and Jesse Chatman. The main reason Miami finished 1-15 is because it couldn't stop anyone; the defense was ranked 30th, surrendering more than 27 points per game. They gave up more than 40 to the Jets and allowed Kyle Boller to convert third downs, for crying out loud.

Glenn Dorsey has dominated the line of scrimmage almost every game this year, including the final postseason exhibition match against Ohio State. He actually compares pretty well to Warren Sapp. The Dolphins' decrepit stop unit needs help everywhere, starting up front. Dorsey can instantly improve a defense ranked dead last in rushing yards allowed. That said, don't be shocked if Chris Long is selected here.

St. Louis Rams: Jake Long, OT, Michigan

Orlando Pace is one of the top offensive tackles in the game, but he has missed significant time the past two seasons. Without Pace on the line, the Rams simply cannot score consistently. They need to do something about this, because as far as I'm concerned, Pace is unreliable at this stage of his career, and reminds me a bit of Tony Boselli during the early stages of this decade. Alex Barron, meanwhile, didn't do Marc Bulger any favors with his inconsistent play.

Chris Long is definitely an option, but St. Louis cannot allow Bulger to be sacked six times per week. He's too good a quarterback for that to happen.

Atlanta Falcons: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

I was this close to making this selection Darren McFadden. But then I tried to figure out which quarterback the Falcons could take at the top of the second round, and I drew a blank. More on this later.

The Falcons need a major upgrade at the signal-caller position and a true leader in the locker room. Given the way Matt Ryan commanded his squad over Virginia Tech and Clemson in the clutch, Atlanta may decide to make him the franchise's future at quarterback. I would say that Brian Brohm is also an option, but I seriously doubt Arthur Blank trusts anyone from the University of Louisville right now.

The need for a franchise signal caller is too paramount for it not to be addressed, even if it means eschewing superior prospects. Matt McGuire brought up a great point that the Browns passed on Brady Quinn in favor of Joe Thomas in 2007. The difference here is that unlike last year, there are no second-tier quarterbacks. In 2007, Kevin Kolb, Drew Stanton, Trent Edwards and John Beck were all second-round prospects. There aren't any signal callers in this draft like that; at least not yet. If the Falcons don't take Ryan here, they'll be left with no one. This could change if either Chad Henne or John David Booty manages to distinguish himself in the coming months, however.

Oakland Raiders: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

I recently argued that Al Davis would take Chris Long so his team could go back to its glory days and actually win more than eight games a season. The Raiders managed just 27 sacks and couldn't stop the run this year. Long, son of a Hall of Fame defensive end who played 13 years in the Bay Area, would instantly improve Oakland's defense.

After thinking about it, Davis loves flashy players. He drafted JaMarcus Russell last April, and would love to pair him with the top prospect in this class. Granted, Justin Fargas was exceptional this year, rushing for 1,009 yards on a 4.5 average. However, he's a free agent and will be commanding a hefty contract. Why would Davis commit a lot of money to him when he has McFadden waiting for him on Draft Day?

As of Jan. 13, there's a chance McFadden may not enter the draft because either he or his father forgot to fill out the paperwork. How can you forget something like that? Seriously - McFadden had one thing on his agenda after the Cotton Bowl. And he didn't remember to do it. Nice. If McFadden doesn't make it out of Arkansas, there's a good chance the Raiders go ahead and take Howie's son.

Kansas City Chiefs: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State

Brian Brohm and Andre' Woodson are both options here, but Brodie Croyle is young and has looked semi-decent at times, so maybe the Chiefs will hold off on drafting a quarterback and give their young gun-slinger a year to prove himself. With that in mind, Sam Baker and Ryan Clady become serious options to improve the offensive line. I know there are better prospects available at this juncture, but Kansas City cannot afford to surrender 55 sacks against next year. And keep in mind that the Cardinals reached for Levi Brown at this position last April.

New York Jets: Chris Long, DE, Virginia

The Jets are sitting in a pretty good position. It's unlikely that both Darren McFadden and Chris Long will both be picked in the top five. They can simply take the guy who drops to them. If they're both selected, New York will have to "settle" for Vernon Gholston. Oh, the horror.

With McFadden gone, Long is the obvious choice. Do I really have to delve into how horrendous the Jets' defense was this year? They were 29th against the run, managed just 29 sacks and couldn't force any turnovers. Howie's son is only the beginning of the solution.

If McFadden's paperwork problem prohibits him from entering the draft, look for the Jets to go after Vernon Gholston, assuming Chris Long is off the board.

New England Patriots: Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida

I can't believe New England may go 19-0 and draft seventh overall come next April. This is like the Suns stealing first-round selections from the Atlanta Hawks and New York Knicks every year (and without David Stern rigging the draft too.) It's just not fair.

What's really not fair is that Malcolm Jenkins decided to stay for his senior year. Now everyone's mock draft is ruined. So, who are the Patriots going to take? Let's go by process of elimination.

James Laurinaitis? A lot of mocks have him going to New England, but I doubt this happens. Bill Belichick loves veteran linebackers. He would rather have a 40-year-old Junior Seau who knows what he's doing over an athletic kid who is out of position on half the snaps. The Patriots need linebackers, but I expect Camera Man to address that position via free agency. Cross Laurinaitis, Keith Rivers, Vernon Gholston and Dan Connor off the list.

Sam Baker? Too early and not the biggest need. Kenny Phillips? Didn't they just draft a safety out of Miami? Jonathan Stewart? Laurence Maroney is suddenly tearing it up. Chris Long? Won't drop that far. Ryan Clady? Ditto.

Ultimately, I believe one of two things will happen. I expect at least one cornerback to really shine at the Combine, earning a top-10 label. That player will go here. If no one steps up, New England could trade down - perhaps to Dallas. For now, I'll assume that high-rising corner will be Mike Jenkins. Simple enough - all I had to do was delete five letters and replace them with three new ones.

Baltimore Ravens: Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky

Tons of options here, including DeSean Jackson, Vernon Gholston, Aqib Talib and Sam Baker. However, in the wake of Brian Billick getting fired, it's apparent that the Kyle Boller experiment is over. But don't feel bad for Billick - he can now retire to his country house in Vermont with Boller by his side for the rest of his life.

The bottom line is Baltimore seriously needs to upgrade the signal-caller position if it wants to return to the postseason. The best available here is Andre' Woodson, though Brian Brohm is definitely an option.

Cincinnati Bengals: James Laurinaitis, MLB, Ohio State

The Bengals will have to decide between Calais Campbell, Vernon Gholston, Sedrick Ellis, Pat Sims and James Laurinaitis at this juncture, but given the Bengals' injuries woes at the linebacker position over the past few years, I don't think they can pass up on the latter. Their defense lacks identity, play-makers and leadership. It can't stop anyone, especially when it uses its 10-convict formation. Laurinaitis will help all three areas.

New Orleans Saints: Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami

The bad news is the Saints missed the playoffs. The good news is they're in position to draft Kenny Phillips.

New Orleans' secondary is garbage. The corners can't cover anyone, while free safety Josh Bullocks has been completely awful at times. Obtaining a play-maker like Phillips would completely improve the team's defensive backfield.

Buffalo Bills: Keith Rivers, OLB, USC

I had had the Bills taking Malcolm Kelly for a long time because at 6-4, 217, he's the perfect complement to the lightning-quick Lee Evans. Trent Edwards needs a better No. 2 receiver than Peerless Price, Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed.

However, in the wake of Buffalo's losing streak and improved draft position, No. 11 is a bit early for Kelly considering the immense talent still on the board. Plus, because this wide-out class is so deep, the Bills can acquire a top-notch receiver in the second round. They won't be able to get a linebacker like Keith Rivers then. Rivers will replace the beleaguered Keith Ellison on the weak side, giving Buffalo one of the elite trio of linebackers in the NFL.

Denver Broncos: Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC

Pick a position, any position. The Broncos are ranked near the bottom in every defensive category, and need help everywhere. However, the most glaring hole on Denver's roster looks to be at defensive tackle. There's a reason the Broncos are 31st against the run and have no pass rush up the middle. It's so bad, I guarantee Sedrick Ellis was better this year at USC than any of Denver's current tackles.

Carolina Panthers: Sam Baker, OT, USC

With Kenny Phillips and Sedrick Ellis off the board, it's clear what the Panthers must do. One of the many reasons they cannot move the chains consistently is their pedestrian offensive line. Sam Baker, the first-round prospect most suited for Carolina's zone-blocking scheme, would allow the team to move Travelle Wharton inside, should they choose to re-sign him.

Chicago Bears: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

Rex Grossman's audition is over. He suffered a season-ending injury in Week 14, which was a shame because he was having the best stretch of his career since the beginning of the 2006 campaign. With Grossman out of commission, I don't think the Bears can afford to keep their quarterbacking situation static.

There is a chance the Bears go after Derek Anderson or Donovan McNabb. If that happens, I could see them drafting Sam Baker, Jeff Otah, Jonathan Stewart or Malcolm Kelly, should they be available.

Detroit Lions: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State

It seems like everyone has completely abused a Detroit secondary ranked 31st versus the pass. While the secondary stinks, part of the reason the Lions were so inept was because no one on their defense had more than seven sacks. Detroit has lacked a premier pass rusher ever since Robert Porcher retired.

Now, I know defensive end isn't Detroit's greatest need, but when you have a premier talent like Vernon Gholston sitting on the board and he actually provides an upgrade for you, passing on him is simply not an option.

I love what I've seen out of Gholston this year; he has 10 sacks and beat Jake Long in the Michigan game. His projected 40 time, in the mid-4.5s, is excellent considering he's about 260 pounds. He's moved himself up draft boards, and has become a top-15 prospect. I think he'll continue to increase his stock, much like Patrick Willis did last year, because he's an absolute beast and a workout warrior.

Don't count out Dan Connor, as an important factor here is that no team has ever won the Super Bowl with a guy named Paris starting at middle linebacker. I cannot verify this statistic.

Arizona Cardinals: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas

The Cardinals were eliminated from playoff contention when they lost back-to-back contests to the Seahawks and Saints. The reason for those defeats was because Arizona couldn't stop the pass. Actually, that's an understatement; Matt Hasselbeck and Drew Brees combined to go 48-of-63, 587 yards and six touchdowns. That's only 15 incompletions in two weeks! Pathetic!

In case you couldn't figure it out by that initial paragraph, Arizona needs help at cornerback. Antrel Rolle is far too inconsistent for my liking. If Vernon Gholston falls here, however, the Cardinals won't hesitate.

Minnesota Vikings: Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn

The Vikings desperately need help at quarterback, safety and receiver. Unfortunately, there aren't any players at the former two positions worth taking here. And as for a wide out, I just don't see Brad Childress selecting one in the first round. That means Minnesota will land Quentin Groves, who can add some life to a pass rush that lacks anyone with more than five sacks.

By the way, I can't explain why every single mock has Derrick Harvey ahead of Groves. With both virtually the same size (most publications list them at 250 pounds), Groves is .2 seconds faster in the 40. He also accumulated more sacks than the Florida end, who was abused by Jake Long in the Gators' postseason exhibition match against Michigan. If Harvey can play end for the Vikings, why can't Groves?

Houston Texans: Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon

Darius Walker has been solid coming out of the backfield, and Ahman Green and Ron Dayne are both on the roster, but are any of them really the guy whom Houston can ride into the playoffs? The Texans need to address the running back situation, especially considering the plethora of talent at the position in this class.

Don't count out a corner like Antoine Cason or Leodis McKelvin here; the Texans have done everything in their power to take down the Colts ever since they came into the NFL, and a top-notch corner would certainly help. However, the need for a premier running back is too paramount to ignore.

Philadelphia Eagles: Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh

An image Eagles fans will always have in their minds is Winston Justice looking helpless as Osi Umenyiora beat him for a Giants record six sacks. This is the future of Philadelphia's offensive line. With William Tra Thomas and Jon Runyan nearing retirement, the Eagles will need a new tackle to protect Kevin Kolb's blind side for the next decade. Philadelphia has plenty of other needs, including receiver, safety, defensive end and tight end, but protecting its young quarterback is a priority.

Andy Reid loves massive linemen, and Jeff Otah certainly fits the bill. The only concern here is that Reid may be threatened by the 340-pound Otah. The coach may have to do a better job hiding his cheese steaks in his office.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: DeSean Jackson, WR/PR, California

Tampa Bay's offense looked completely dead once the Giants neutralized Joey Galloway. The Buccaneers can't count on him much longer, as he'll be 37 at some point during the 2008 season. They need a younger wide out and a punt returner to boot. DeSean Jackson fills both of those needs.

Washington Redskins: Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina

First of all, I'd be remiss if I didn't give my condolences to the Taylor family. May Sean rest in peace. Hopefully more people will realize that guns should be taken off the street. Sean would probably still be with us if firearms weren't so accessible. (Note: I received a few e-mails from people who support guns being legal. I'll post them soon so both sides of the argument can be represented on this site.)

Washington failed to register a single sack the Sunday following Sean's death. Keep in mind that the team was playing a rookie quarterback. Against the Seahawks, the Redskins barely touched Matt Hasselbeck, managing only one sack. They have nothing at defensive end or tackle, and will take the best player available at those positions. In my last update, I had Kentwan Balmer going in the second round to the Raiders, but his stock has risen so much that Washington may consider him over Calais Campbell.

Dallas Cowboys: Reggie Smith, CB/S, Oklahoma

This pick is from Cleveland. Terence Newman and Anthony Henry aren't exactly young. Newman will be 30 in September 2008, while Henry doesn't have many productive seasons remaining in the NFL. Jacques Reeves sucks.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt

So, I was looking through Pittsburgh's stats when I was making my Rams-Steelers pick, and I saw something that made my eyes bulge. Did you know they surrendered 47 sacks this year? OK, maybe now you do, but the fact remains that they even had problems keeping St. Louis out of the backfield. Ben Roethlisberger was sacked four times in the first 20 minutes against the Jaguars. What happened to their offensive line? Well, Alan Faneca is leaving this offseason, while right tackle Willie Colon is probably more suited to play inside. They can move Colon to left guard, opening a slot at right tackle.

Tennessee Titans: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

The Titans' receiving corps has killed them all year. Vince Young's drive to set up a potential game-winning field goal against the Colts was thwarted by his own teammate. Brandon Jones, Tennessee's No. 1 wide out, dropped an easy first down in field-goal territory. Against the Broncos on Monday night, it seemed like every single receiver had dozens of drops. And in the playoffs, Tennessee's first two plays resulted in drops. It's a shame Young's talent is going to waste with the garbage the Titans surrounded him with.

Check out these cheap football seats. We have it all, from Foxboro to San Diego, from Miami to Seattle. We also have top seats at Pittsburgh Steelers, Dallas Cowboys, and Philadelphia Eagles.

Seattle Seahawks: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois

Shaun Alexander will be 31 by the start of the 2008 season, and he has already shown signs of declining (3.5 yards per carry.) Sometimes it seems like he's more concerned with where the hot-dog vendor is rather than gaining an extra yard after contact. If the Seahawks don't cut Alexander at the end of the year, I'll be shocked, even though the fat slob has five more years on his deal. Rashard Mendenhall would look great in this offense.

New York Giants: Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy State

Just a hunch, but I don't think Sam Madison and R.W. McQuarters, both of whom are 33 and 31, respectively, will be around much longer. The Giants use their second consecutive No. 1 selection on a corner. Don't count out a receiver like Adarius Bowman here.

By the way, there are a lot of people who believe Leodis McKelvin will be the defensive back who shines brightest at the Combine, earning himself a spot in the Top 10. Watch out for him - it wouldn't shock me at all if he soared all the way up to New England at No. 7.

San Diego Chargers: Frank Okam, NT, Texas

When you allow 296 rushing yards to a running back, there's something fundamentally wrong with your defense. The Chargers have since improved, but their struggles stemmed from Luis Castillo being out and Jamal Williams aging. San Diego would simply be lost without Williams, who turns 32 in April. Plus, the Chargers have no depth up front. With Rey Maualuga coming back to USC in 2008, I think San Diego goes with Frank Okam, a receiver like Adarius Bowman or James Hardy or inside linebacker Dan Connor.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

The Jaguars prefer extra-large defensive linemen, and they'll get an exceptional one here in Calais Campbell. They need depth at the end position, especially if Paul Spicer leaves via free agency.

Green Bay Packers: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

Charles Woodson just turned 31, while Al Harris will be 33 in December. I'd like to see the Packers add some young blood to their cornerbacking corps.

San Francisco 49ers: Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State

The 49ers were the sexy sleeper pick this offseason. So, what happened? Frank Gore's injury played a factor. As did Alex Smith's ineptness. And don't forget the disappointing $100 million secondary. However, what hindered the team most has been its offensive line and receiving corps. When the 49ers traded a fourth-round pick for Darrell Jackson, I don't think they anticipated that their new wide out would drop about 10 passes per week. In 15 games, Jackson had only 497 receiving yards.(The colts tanked so the Niners will probably be picking #29 here!) :rolleyes:

Dallas Cowboys: Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas

It was rumored that Dallas was interested in Dwayne Jarrett in April, but Jerry Jones apparently liked Anthony Spencer a bit more. With Terrell Owens and Terry Glenn close to the end of their careers, the Cowboys would love to secure a top-notch wide out.

That said, if someone of Felix Jones' caliber is available - which is plausible, given the depth at the running back position in this class - Dallas won't be able to resist. Julius Jones likely won't be back next year, and the Cowboys clearly don't think Marion Barber can carry the load on his own; otherwise he'd be doing so already.(Did they not get the Memo?) :silly:(this will be GB,Giants or Chargers) :dallasuck

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008 Mock Draft: Round Two

This NFL Draft order is based on the 2008 NFL Draft Order and 2008 Draft Prospect Rankings. I've posted a 2009 NFL Mock Draft for those who are interested.

Miami Dolphins: Terrell Thomas, CB, USC

Derek Anderson dissected Miami's secondary en route to 41 points. Trent Edwards, Kellen Clemens and Kyle Boller did the same a few weeks later. The story of the 2007 Dolphins. They need a true No. 1 cornerback - and about 10 million other things.

St. Louis Rams: Dan Connor, OLB/MLB, Penn State

Obtaining an outstanding linebacker like Dan Connor, an absolute steal at this juncture, would give the Rams a much-needed upgrade over the unreliable Pisa Tinoisamoa, who has missed 12 games the past two years. Make no mistake - Connor is a first-round prospect, but I couldn't fit him in anywhere in the opening round. Same goes for Pat Sims, James Hardy, Derrick Harvey, Phillip Merling and Lawrence Jackson. This class is so deep it's really unbelievable.

Oakland Raiders: Pat Sims, DT, Auburn

See what I mean about this class being deep? Al Davis will be so excited about getting a 316-pound defensive tackle with 4.9 speed that he could very well crap his diaper.

The Raiders need so much help at the tackle position that they took a shot on Gerard Warren. Warren Sapp, meanwhile, just retired. Sims is a great fit here.

A quick note - if Darren McFadden can't enter the draft and the Raiders consequently select Chris Long, I still think Sims will be their man. Their defensive line is an abomination and must be fixed.

Kansas City Chiefs: Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana

Ty Law and Patrick Surtain will both be over the age of 32 once the 2008 season commences.

Don't count out another offensive lineman here either, but at this point, I believe Tracy Porter is the best prospect out of anyone in that area.

New York Jets: Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida

Even in the wake of acquiring Chris Long in the first round, the Jets will need to make pressuring the quarterback their top priority here. Managing only 29 sacks in an entire season is ridiculous. Besides, I don't think they can pass on Derrick Harvey if he slips this far.

If the Jets draft Vernon Gholston, they'll have a few different options here, including receiver James Hardy, offensive tackle Carl Nicks and inside linebacker Jerod Mayo.

Atlanta Falcons: Kevin Smith, RB, Central Florida

Warrick Dunn's NFL career is just about over. The Falcons still have Jerious Norwood waiting in the wings, but I wouldn't count on him to carry the load. Kevin Smith, assuming he pans out - and I don't see why he wouldn't - will be Atlanta's feature back for the next 8-10 years.

Baltimore Ravens: Jack Ikegwuonu, CB, Wisconsin

The Ravens suddenly can't stop the pass, as Chris McAlister and Samari "Boy" Rolle are both on the wrong side of 30. I could see Baltimore cleaning house at the cornerback position soon, meaning it'll have to draft replacements.

San Francisco 49ers: Carl Nicks, OT, Nebraska

What hindered San Francisco most in 2007 was its offensive line, which has surrendered 55 sacks. That's simply unacceptable. I don't care who the quarterback is; no signal caller can possibly thrive without any sort of pass protection.

New Orleans Saints: Jerod Mayo, MLB, Tennessee

Other than cornerback, the Saints' weakest position is at middle linebacker, occupied by Mark Simoneau and Brian Simmons.

Buffalo Bills: James Hardy, WR, Indiana

Because this draft class could be one of the best the NFL has ever seen, the Bills can draft someone like Keith Rivers or Vernon Gholston in Round 1, and still obtain a top-notch wide out like James Hardy, Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed in Round 2. Hardy's size is the perfect complement to Lee Evans' speed.

Denver Broncos: Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson

John Lynch and Nick Ferguson will have to be put into an old-age home soon. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating, but they'll be 37 and 33, respectively, once the 2008 season commences.

That said, I think Denver's defensive line is a greater priority than the safety position because the Broncos are 31st against the run and cannot get to the quarterback.

It feels odd having Phillip Merling so low, but that just speaks volumes about how deep this class is. Plus, defensive end isn't a paramount need for many teams this year.

Carolina Panthers: Jonathan Hefney, FS, Tennessee

Mike Minter's unceremonious retirement this offseason left the Panthers with a hole at free safety, filled by the mediocre Deke Cooper. Cooper isn't a terrible safety, but Carolina needs a play-maker in its secondary.

Chicago Bears: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

The Bears need to look into drafting an offensive tackle, given that the rapidly aging John Tait and Fred Miller will be 33 and 35, respectively, come April.

Detroit Lions: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, TSU

When the Lions traded Dre Bly away, I thought they'd acquire another reliable corner to take his place. Guess I was wrong. Detroit's secondary is in desperate need of a makeover.

Cincinnati Bengals: Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

Cincinnati's defense had only 22 sacks on the year, and prior to Week 15, no player had more than two. I believe that they have to go after a top-notch defensive end. Lawrence Jackson is a steal this late.

Minnesota Vikings: Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State

Another absolute steal in the middle of the second round. I don't think Minnesota can have Bobby Wade leading the team in receiving yards again. That's just humiliating.

Atlanta Falcons: Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson

Atlanta surrendered 47 sacks this year. This just in - that's not good. That needs to change if they want to protect the quarterback they draft in the first round. I also considered Erin Henderson here, but the Falcons' offensive front is too much of a problem.

Philadelphia Eagles: Fred Davis, TE, USC

L.J. Smith is garbage and Brent Celek is unproven, although he looked solid at Dallas. With the former on his out, the Eagles need a legitimate tight end in their offense.

Arizona Cardinals: Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers

Edgerrin James totaled more than 1,200 rushing yards this year, but he's turning 30 in August. How much longer can he possibly hold up? The Cardinals need a young back to take his place soon.

Washington Redskins: Limas Sweed, WR, Texas

Santana Moss and Antwaan Randle El have both been in and out of the lineup this year. Moss' performance in the playoffs was absolutely despicable, by the way. Try showing some effort next time. The Redskins need a tertiary option at receiver just in case that happens again next season.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech

Ronde Barber and Brian Kelly will be 33 and 32, respectively, prior to the start of the 2008 season. The Buccaneers need youth at the position. Brandon Flowers, one of the many juniors who has declared early for the draft, seems like a good fit for Tampa Bay's scheme.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Chilo Rachal, G, USC

More help for Pittsburgh's dismal offensive line, which the team desperately needs to improve if it wants to contend for another Super Bowl. Oh, and a two-point conversion calculator for Mike Tomlin wouldn't hurt either, but I don't see one worth taking until Round 6.

Seattle Seahawks: Martellus Bennett, TE, TexasA&M

Kicking Jerramy Stevens out of Seattle was a good thing. Replacing him with Marcus Pollard? Not so good. The Seahawks need a legitimate, top-notch tight end, and not one who drops 5,000 in a playoff game.

Tennessee Titans: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan

Another receiver for Vince Young to work with. They got their big guy in Malcolm Kelly. Now they go after a speed-burner. Seriously, what are they thinking with Eric Moulds and Brandon Jones?

New York Giants: Early Doucet, WR, LSU

Amani Toomer's days as a Giant are numbered; he may retire soon. Plaxico Burress isn't getting any younger either. The Giants should grab a wide out capable of stepping in if Toomer, Burress and Jeremy Shockey keep getting hurt.

Cleveland Browns: Red Bryant, NT, Texas A&M

I previously had the Browns taking a running back here. While I still think they desperately need a young back to replace the aging Jamal Lewis, I believe they'll pursue Michael Turner via free agency. That'll open up the possibility for a defensive lineman like Red Bryant. They need help against the run, as they couldn't even contain the Bengals' putrid ground attack.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Donnie Avery, WR, Houston

Does anyone find it hilarious that Dennis Northcutt, who couldn't even get on the field in Cleveland, is Jacksonville's top receiver, despite all the No. 1 picks the team used on players at that position? Seriously, how many drops did they have against the Patriots? The Jaguars need a speedy receiver, and with a 4.28 40, Donnie Avery isn't a bad option.

Miami Dolphins: Earl Bennett, WR, Vanderbilt

The Dolphins traded Chris Chambers away, so they need a possession receiver to play across from Ted Ginn over the next decade.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy NFL, College Football and Super Bowl Tickets at TicketCity.com!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indianapolis Colts: Roy Schuening, G, Oregon State

The cap-strapped Colts could watch both of their starting guards, Ryan Lilja and Jake Scott, leave via free agency this upcoming offseason.

Green Bay Packers: Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virginia Tech

The Packers are a team without many needs, so why not take one of the best players off the board? Xavier Adibi can only help an already-stout linebacking corps. Brady Poppinga, though not a weakness, isn't the best player in the world. I would love to see a linebacking trio comprised of Nick Barnett, A.J. Hawk and Adibi, assuming the latter pans out. And if not, he could be much-needed depth.

Dallas Cowboys: D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama

Here's the receiver the Cowboys were looking at in the first round before they settled with Felix Jones.

New England Patriots: Vince Hall, ILB, Virginia Tech

The Patriots don't really have many needs right now, but they will in a few years once Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau and Rosevelt Colvin move on. Any sort of linebacker for the future is a luxury. I know Bill Belichick seldom drafts a linebacker early, but he needs some young talent for depth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miami Dolphins: Anthony Collins, OT, Kansas

I can't see the Dolphins sticking with Anthony Alabi and L.J. Shelton at right tackle for too much longer. By the way, I think this is another argument for Glenn Dorsey over Jake Long; Miami can grab a solid decent tackle at the top of the third round. A quality defensive tackle will be much harder to find.

St. Louis Rams: Heath Benedict, G/OT, Newberry

Marc Bulger was sacked 49 times in 2006. He's already broken the same amount of ribs this season. The interior of the offensive front needs to be upgraded.

Kansas City Chiefs: Tony Hills, OT, Texas

Kyle Turley? Will Svitek? Seriously, this is what Carl Peterson came up with?

New York Jets: Mike McGlynn, OT, Pittsburgh

Right tackle Anthony Clement has the pass-blocking ability of a turnstile. The Jets need a major upgrade there if they want to keep Kellen Clemens healthy.

Atlanta Falcons: Erin Henderson, OLB, Maryland

What a steal for Atlanta. The Falcons get an early second round-caliber outside linebacker as an upgrade over Demorrio Williams, who can't cover anyone downfield. If only they should be so lucky on draft day.

New England Patriots: Chris Johnson, RB, East Carolina

New England should use Oakland's pick to take a flier on Chris Johnson, who runs a 4.2 despite weighing 200 pounds. Johnson would be the perfect complement to Laurence Maroney. Besides, Kevin Faulk turns 32 in June, so the Patriots will need a replacement for him soon.

San Francisco 49ers: Harry Douglas, WR, Louisville

with Mike Martz serving as the team's offensive coordinator and the black-market vendor of Alex Smith's organs, the 49ers may draft a few receivers early to fit their new offensive system.

Buffalo Bills: Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas

The good news is Kevin Everett will be able to walk again and lead a normal life. The bad news is that the Bills need a tight end in the wake of his life-threatening injury.

Buffalo Bills: Steve Justice, C, Wake Forest

The Bills need help with their interior offensive front, and Steve Justice is probably the best inside lineman in this draft class.

Minnesota Vikings: Tom Zbikowski, SS, Notre Dame

Minnesota is ranked dead last against the pass for a reason. The team desperately needs upgrades in its secondary.

Carolina Panthers: Chad Henne, QB, Michigan

Jake Delhomme's always hurt, David Carr is the worst signal caller the NFL has ever seen, and Vinny Testaverde is wearing adult diapers. Matt Moore has looked solid, but I'm not sure if he's the long-term answer. The Panthers could be hunting for a new quarterback in the first three rounds of this draft.

Chicago Bears: Dre Moore, DT, Maryland

The defensive tackle position is in a state of flux for the Bears, given that Alfonso Boone and Ian Scott signed with other teams, while Tank Johnson was cut so he could pursue his life-long aspirations to hunt with Dick Cheney. It's gotten so bad Chicago has started signing guys off the street. Dre Moore fits perfectly into Lovie Smith's scheme.

Detroit Lions: Ali Highsmith, OLB, LSU

I considered an offensive tackle here because Mike Martz was fired in the wake of William Clay Ford discovering he was setting up deals to sell Jon Kitna's organs on the black market. Kitna was sacked 51 times this year. However, Detroit won't be able to pass on Ali Highsmith, an early-second round prospect who drops because of the insane amount of talent in this draft. And it's not like the Lions don't need a linebacker.

Cincinnati Bengals: Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame

If it seems like the Bengals are ranked in the bottom five against the run every year, that's because they are. Don't count out a running back here either; I think it's a league rule that Cincinnati has to draft one in the first three rounds every year.

New Orleans Saints: DeJuan Tribble, CB, Boston College

More help for a New Orleans secondary that has looked horrendous all year. Mike McKenzie is showing his age (31), Fred Thomas and Jason Craft probably wouldn't make many NFL teams right now, while Jason David, the team's prized free-agent signing, is nothing more than a practice-squad guy, given how terribly he's currently playing.

Houston Texans: Trae Williams, CB, South Florida

Everything the Texans have done over the past few offseasons has been to beat the Colts. Yet, Indianapolis clobbered them recently, establishing a 38-7 lead before taking its starters out. Houston desperately needs to address its secondary.

Philadelphia Eagles: Craig Steltz, SS, LSU

Sean Considine is one of the worst starting strong safeties in the NFL. Drafting a dynamic player like Craig Steltz would really help Philadelphia's secondary.

Arizona Cardinals: Chris Ellis, DE/OLB, Virginia Tech

Arizona must put more pressure on opposing signal callers, helping out its beleaguered secondary in the process. Titus Brown is a great fit for the 3-4, and I'm assuming Ken Whisenhunt is going to switch to that scheme pretty soon.

Minnesota Vikings: Quintin Demps, FS, UTEP

More help for one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. Oh, and by the way, I'm well aware Minnesota will be hunting for a quarterback. However, the team is ready to win now, so I believe it will look for a veteran via free agency.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: John David Booty, QB, USC

Jeff Garcia is a solid quarterback but it doesn't look like he'll ever be able to lead a team deep into the postseason. The Buccaneers need a long-term solution at quarterback. Don't count out a center here either; they need to get younger and better at that position, where John Wade is just weeks away from his 33rd birthday.

Washington Redskins: Chris Harrington, DE, Texas A&M

Phillip Daniels isn't exactly young and reliable at the age of 34. The Redskins need a possible successor for him.

Seattle Seahawks: Branden Albert, G, Virginia

Sure, Shaun Alexander is a fat slob, but the Seahawks didn't exactly blow open running lanes for him. They need an upgrade up front.

Tennessee Titans: John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame

Hey, look, it's Ben Troupe. Maybe he'll actually catch a pass this time... Oh no, he dropped another ball. (Hint: Yo, Titans, this could be a good spot for you to grab a tight end who actually helps Vince Young out a bit in the aerial game.)

New York Giants: Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada

Once Michael Strahan decides to retire for the 5,000th time, the Giants will need an outside linebacker so Mathias Kiwanuka can slide back to his normal position.

Cleveland Browns: Titus Brown, DE/OLB, Mississippi State

Titus Brown will provide a great pass-rush from the 3-4 outside linebacker position. The Browns are currently starting a 36-year-old at one of those slots. That must change.

Pittsburgh Steelers: Matt Forte, RB, Tulane

A power running back to complement Willie Parker and play the role Jerome Bettis provided two seasons ago.

Chicago Bears: Paul Hubbard, WR, Wisconsin

Given his contract and age, Muhsin Muhammad won't be around much longer. I'd like to see the Bears find a massive receiver to take his spot.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Joe Burnett, CB, Central Florida

Strong safety is probably a bigger need, but I don't think the Jaguars can pass up on value at the cornerback position like Joe Burnett or Chevis Jackson. And it's not like they need depth there; we all saw what Ben Roethlisberger did to Jacksonville's secondary in the playoffs.

Buy NFL, College Football and Super Bowl Tickets at TicketCity.com!

Green Bay Packers: John Greco, OT, Toledo

The Packers have a great offensive line, but tackles Chad Clifton and Mark Tauscher will be 32 and 31, respectively, prior to the start of the 2008 season. Without any major needs, Green Bay can afford to add depth to the position.

Indianapolis Colts: Philip Wheeler, OLB, Georgia Tech

Rob Morris is out for the year, while Rocky Boiman is a free agent this upcoming offseason. The Colts may need an outside linebacker after the 2007 campaign.

Dallas Cowboys: Dwight Lowery, CB, San Jose State

More cornerbacking depth for a team that has none.

New England Patriots: Chevis Jackson, CB, LSU

I know I have the Patriots taking another cornerback earlier, but you can never maintain too much depth at that position.

Not sure about a DT 1st round, would rather see a DE and the Skins MUST draft a Guard in the 1st three rounds IMO

Balmer seems like a guy who can play some of both. If they think Wilson will continue to develop, then having a guy like Balmer as an early down End who can play the run and move in to DT at times might be a good fit.

I agree that an OL has to be picked. A lot of this depends on what we do with FAs too, of course.

Vernon Gholston, in the first, and if Limas Sweed drops, definately grab him, and then a 1 gap DT in the third? Sounds like a damn good day to me. Toss in Alan Faneca as our big FA, and we have a much much improved team.

Bordering on dominant if JC actually begins to improve.

I'm digging the Limus Sweed pick, I think we'd be ecstatic if he falls to us in the second round. But I don't think it will happen. Don't know about a DT in the first round however. DE in the third works for me, but I don't know anything about the DT or DE.

That's my problem with those picks. Limas Sweed in the 2nd is sweet, but it's a bad choice in the first.

The DT? never heard of him.

The DE? never heard of him.

If we can land campbell in the first and sweed in the secon that would be great. In the third jus pick up a guard or tackle. The skins should take the BPA between DE and WR with their 1st and get the other with their second. PLEASE no small recievers.

http://www.hailredskins.com/MockDraft.htm Sorry for another mock draft thread people,but had I known this existed I would have avoided all threads on mocks drafts and everything...

This is a Redskins site that lists ALL sites on all our projections in the draft this year...!Is there a link on Extremeskins here that has this site listed?If not,then there should be!(as it goes to my favorites)

Was this common knowledge or did I stumble on to something?

Big Country hR Mock 1/4 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 21st

Draft Academy (Akh) 12/21 CB Malkim Jenkins (OSU) WR Paul Hubbard (WISC) 18th

Draft Academy (Fent) 12/7 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 18th

Mentioned or covered in the Washington Post, Washington Times, Channel 4 NBC Washington DC, Dallas Morning News, Pro Football Talk, ESPN, New Jersey Today, and KXO Radio

Your home for the Washington Capitals, Nationals and Wizards. Home to the Internet's Largest NBA and NHL mock draft databases!

HR LINK PARTNERS

UPD 1ST RD PROJECTION 2ND RD PROJECTION SLOT

MyNFLDraft.com 1/15 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Prophets of the Game 1/14 DE Quentin Groves (AUB) No Projection 21st

The Landry Hat 1/14 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

Riggo's Rag 1/14 DE Quentin Groves (AUB) No Projection 21st

Lucky Lester 1/14 WR Limus Sweed (TEX) No Projection 21st

DraftTX.com 1/14 LB Dan Connor (PSU) No Projection 21st

Draft Headquarters 1/14 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

NFL Draft Dog 1/14 LB Dan Connor (PSU) No Projection 21st

Draft Express 1/14 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

JunkYard Jake 1/14 DE Vernon Ghoulston (OSU) Wr Donnie Avery 21st

Draft King 1/14 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

Fantasy Jungle 1/14 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) WR James Hardy (IND) 21st

FantasyFootballXTreme 1/14 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 21st

Walters Football 1/13 DT Kentwan Balmer (UNC) WR Limas Sweed (TEX) 21st

Inside the Eagles 1/13 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Draft Ace 1/13 LB Dan Conner (PSU) No Projection 21st

FootballExpert (Michael) 1/13 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Walters Football (Craig) 1/13 DT Kentwan Balmer (UNC) WR Early Doucet (LSU) 21st

Heard's Football Report 1/12 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

FootballExpert (Cox) 1/12 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

NFL Draft Blitz 1/12 OT Jeff Otah (Pitt) No Projection 21st

Draft Tek 1/12 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) CB Leodis McKelvin (Troy St) 21st

Sports Fountainhead 1/12 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

The Phinsider 1/11 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

Muss Mock Draft 1/10 WR Limus Sweed (TEX)

SportProjections 1/10 WR Malcolm Kelly (OK) No Projection 21st

FFToolBox (Dustin) 1/10 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No projection 21st

djNFL Mock 1/10 S Marcus Griffin (TEX) No Projection 21st

PhinPhanatic 1/10 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

NFLDaily.com 1/10 WR Limas Sweed (TEX) No Projection 21st

QI Sports 1/9 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Arrowhead Addicts 1/9 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Football Jabber 1/9 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 21st

Draft Connection 1/8 OG Michael Oher (Ole Miss) DE Quentin Groves (AUB) 21st

Punchbook Mock 1/8 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) S Johnathan Hefney (UT) 21st

DRUfantasyfootball.com 1/7 S Kenny Phillips (MIA) No Projection 21st

NFL Smackdown 1/7 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 17th

FFToolBox (Raul) 1/7 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No projection 21st

Pats Draft Insider 1/7 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 22nd

FantasyInsiderOnline 1/7 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 20th

New Era Scouting 1/6 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) S Josh Barrett (ASU) 21st

NFL Mocks 1/5 WR Limus Sweed (TEX) No Projection 21st

Pro Draft Guide 1/5 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) OT Barry Richardson (Clem) 21st

Consensus Draft 1/5 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) DT Terrence Taylor (MICH) 21st

Draft Wisdom 1/4 DE Quentin Groves (AUB) No Projection 16th

Chris Steuber (Scout.com) 1/4 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

FFToolBox (Ricky) 1/3 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No projection 21st

FootballExpert (Jared) 1/3 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

ScoutsNotebook 1/3 S Kenny Phillips (MIA) No Projection 21st

Draft Season (Outhouse) 1/2 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

Cowboys Pride (NFC East Partner) 1/2 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

The NFL Draft Site 1/2 DE Vernon Ghoulston (OSU) No Projection 21st

Draft32 1/2 DE Quentin Groves (AUB) No Projection 21st

Football.com (Mike) 1/1 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 19th

Draft Board Insider 1/1 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 20th

Great Blue Draft 1/1 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 21st

The Joker Report 12/31 S Kenny Phillips (MIA) No Projection 13th

Draft Season (Lup) 12/31 WR Adarius Bowman (OK ST) No Projection 21st

Football Futures 12/31 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 21st

Patriots 24/7 12/31 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 20th

Saturdays2Sundays 12/30 DE Tyson Jackson (LSU)

No Projection 21st

NFLMockDraft2008 12/28 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 16th

HuddleGeeks 12/23 DE Vernon Ghoulston (OSU) No Projection 14th

PhinFever 12/21 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 18th

NFL Draft Countdown 12/20 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 19th

Huddle Report 12/13 DE Derrick Harvey (FLA) No Projection 18th

War Room Report 12/12 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 18th

NFL Draft Guys (Sigmund) 11/29 DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 18th

HAFPoint.com 11/27 DE Quentin Groves (AUB) WR Andre Caldwell (FLA) 11th

NFLAnswers.com (Chad) 11/10 DE Tommy Blake (TCU) No Projection 22nd

SportsBullies Blog 10/15 DT Frank Okam (OKL) No Projection 27th

SportsNewsSouthwest 9/30 RB Ryan Torain (ASU) No Projection 21st

Buffalo Low Down 7/14 DE Calais Campbell (MIA) No Projection 7th

FootballExpert (Dietzler) 5/31 DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU) No Projection

FootballExpert (Eric) 5/2 DT Glenn Dorsey (LSU) No Projection n/a

Draft Stock NO DATE DE Lawrence Jackson (USC) No Projection 6th

Football Gameplan NO DATE DE George Selvie (Sou FLA) No Projection 18th

SportsNutz No Projection No Projection n/a

East Coast Sports No Projection No Projection n/a

KFFL (GMJr.) No Projection No Projection n/a

AskTheCommish No Projection No Projection n/a

Pro Football Critic No Projection No Projection n/a

Rob's Scouting No Projection No Projection n/a

Draft Daddy No Projection No Projection n/a

San Diego Hall of Champions No Projection No Projection n/a

Haven's Mock No Projection No Projection n/a

Fantasy Tailgate No Projection No Projection n/a

Awful Announcing No Projection No Projection n/a

Bengals Zone No Projection No Projection n/a

Planet Steelers No Projection No Projection n/a

KXO Radio No Projection No Projection n/a

Football Dialogue No Projection No Projection n/a

Mell-o's Blog No Projection No Projection n/a

National Media Mocks

MEDIA OUTLET 'SKINS FIRST ROUND PICK

CBS Sportsline CNNSI

Yahoo.com About.com (V. Ghoulston)

USA Today ESPN.com

TSN Fox Sports

New York Times The Z Report (D. Robinson)

Comcast Sportsnet College Football News (K. Balmer)

The Rest

N2FL.com Bronco Madness NFL Draft Site UWBadger Mock

Draft McFadden Rivals.com NFLDraftBible Ourlads

SignonSanDiego The Sports Buff Draft Insiders NFL Report

BestProPicks NFL Draft Spot The Score Fan Nation (Capernicus)

Viking Age Pittsburgh Sports Insider Water Cooler Guys Draft Notebook

NFL Sidelines NFL Draft Headquarters BrianBrohm Online FrontRowSports

NewNFLDraft Captain's Deck Saints Report SportsColumn.com

CollegeFootballFanatics ProSchmoe Sports Central theHogs.net

OTB Sports RealGM OrangeandBrown TheForce Boards

SteveSlaton.org NFL Draft Notebook IGN Boards Where Sport and Thought Intersect

Pro Football Talk Draft.com SB Nation NFL Draft Fever

411Mania Vikings Scout EyeonTheDraft GmjR

MyMock (Deep Rough) Lionbacker Like Seriously WTF ArmChair GM

Cornbread Central NFL Mock Draft Aces Imprints Mock Draft Steeler Maniacs

Sports Wannabe Phins Central Suite 101 Phanatic Mag

I think if we can get Flowers in the 2nd round we should go for it.

Hands down he's the best corner in the draft.

We could address our WR problem in free agency. I'm personally a fan of Bryant Johnson, since Moss works great as a number one, ARE as a slot/gadget guy, a 6'3" target to compliment Cooley would be great.

Who is better between Mario Manningham and Sweed?

Considering Manningham has won entire games by himself and made clutch game-winning catches and actually PRODUCED while at Michigan while Sweed laid up injured half the time and was nowhere near the impact player Manningham was----well, I'd say Super Mario.

That doesn't mean Sweed will be some kind of horrible bust but I don't know if I'm taking him unless he falls down the list.

With so much depth at DE in this years draft, we may go OL in the first round, DE in second, and WR in the 3rd. I think there will be good talent at both DE and WR in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I'd love to see Adrian Arrington drop to us in the third, but he'll probably go somewhere in the second. Marcus Monk would be a good pick as well.

Considering Manningham has won entire games by himself and made clutch game-winning catches and actually PRODUCED while at Michigan while Sweed laid up injured half the time and was nowhere near the impact player Manningham was----well, I'd say Super Mario.

That doesn't mean Sweed will be some kind of horrible bust but I don't know if I'm taking him unless he falls down the list.

Limas was key in the OSU game in 05. He made the game winning TD catch on the Longhorns' way to the Championship. The only injury bug he had was this year. Not to mention that Limas has better stats than Manningham over the same period. Mario did outpace him this season, but Limas was hurt all year.

Let's not forget how Michigan WR's usually fare in the NFL.

Knew about and posted the link in one of the mock draft threads, but good to post for others. Usually nearer to draft day, they provide a summary and percentages of predictions for the likely pick of the Redskins (Ex. ST vs. KWII, Landry vs. Okoye vs. Anderson, etc.) based on all the mocks in their database.

2005? Isn't this the 2007 season? It's great he did something a few seasons back and I know he was hurt this year but come on now.

Manningham has impacted games all the through once he got int the lineup. As you should know, stats aren't the only measure of a player. Mario was hurt in 2006, just like Sweed was hurt this year. But this year he put up over a 1,100+ on 72 catches and double digit TDs.

As I review Limas' numbers, his best statistical season is 46 catches, 801 yards and 12 TDs. Good avg per catch and good TD numbers. before that he had 5 TDs and the year before zero.

Meanwhile Manningham had 6, 9 and then 12 TDs and went from 28 to 37 to 72 catches. Always demonstrated improvement and would have had a lot more than 37 catches had he not been hurt, just as Limas would have had more catches this year.

he's also a junior so that might explain a cumulative difference in totals, as Sweed played for every one of his eligible years.

Honestly, these mock drafts are hilarious. They are from the point of view of people outside of football and their perception of what the team needs rather than what the team actually needs. Last year everyone on this board was screaming we needed a D Linemen and whether Amobe Okoye was the best person for us to draft, also indicating that our whole season depended on it. The mock drafts mostly reflected that as well.

Vernon Gholston, in the first, and if Limas Sweed drops, definately grab him, and then a 1 gap DT in the third? Sounds like a damn good day to me. Toss in Alan Faneca as our big FA, and we have a much much improved team.

Bordering on dominant if JC actually begins to improve.

We'd have to trade up for Gholston.

Let's not forget how Michigan WR's usually fare in the NFL.

Ah, how did I know that one was coming. As I've disproved a couple of times, the Michigan wideout perception is totally fueled by myth and one gigantic bust in David Terrell and obviously Desmond Howard (hey, a Super Bowl MVP and consistently being one of the better return men of all time isn't the WORST possible outcome of a draft pick.)

Now let's look at contributors and stars from Michigan at wideout:

Braylon Edwards (i fought on this board a number of times defending Braylon. Tried to tell you guys how it WOULD be worth it to trade up for him IF we did and that he had immense talent. "oh he's a mIchigan WR" ugh)

Amani Toomer--great career. Not a HoF player but a very, very solid player for many years in this league.

Jason Avant is a solid role playing wideout with Philly

Anthony Carter (one of the great ones from the past)

Derrick Alexander---productive wide receiver with some really good stats for a few years

Chris Calloway--4th round pick who played for 10-11 years in the league.

Greg McMurtry--3rd round pick--shorter career, less impressive but that's a third round pick not 'bust status' to put in 4 years or so in the league

Tai Streets---6th round pick. 6 years in the league

Then throw in Manningham and POSSIBLY Adrian Arrington and you've got two more solid contributors in the league.

Archived