Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WalterFootball.com 3 Round Mock, HailRedskins Mock,ect. Mock (merged,M.E.T.)

michael_33

If you replace the DT with Calias Campbell, then it'll be the best ****ing draft ever. Limas Sweed and CC are my two favs in this draft - is Sweed really going to be available in the 2nd round!? I'm soooo stoked by this!

I can almost promise you Sweed won't be there in the 2nd when we pick, and if he has a very good combine he could possibly go before we pick in the 1st.

Vernon Gholston, in the first, and if Limas Sweed drops, definately grab him, and then a 1 gap DT in the third? Sounds like a damn good day to me. Toss in Alan Faneca as our big FA, and we have a much much improved team.

Bordering on dominant if JC actually begins to improve.

I would like to see Vernon Gholston taken in the first... however, many places have him being gone far before out turn.

We need to get OL more than DL, by far. I'd rather get a Pass Rushing OLB or a DE in the first, and then a Guard in the 3rd round and on.

Where do you think DeSean Jackson gets picked, and would it be worth while to trade up to get him I wonder? That would solve our KR problem, and WR in one swoop, meaning we can maybe bring one of our practice guy sup as 3rd String RB.

It wouldn't solve any of our problems. We don't have a problem at KR, Cartwright had a very good average. If you're expecting a KR for a TD every time, your're foolish. Some franchises go years without seeing one (see: Bucs). More important is your average- if you can consistantly get your team across the 30, or 35, you're in great shape.

As for WR, DeSean Jackson wouldn't do anything because we already have 2 Jacksons- Moss and Randel El. Why would we want another tiny speedster? Moss is one of the best in that regard, what we'd need is a Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly. A Receiver who is tall and can practically guarantee you a Recpetion each time. Someone whose hard to take down. A first down machine. Someone to make the safeties respect under neath, and potentially open up Moss or ARE over the top.

I would go...

1st = Calais Campbell, DE

2nd = Brandon Flowers, CB

3rd = Branden Albert, OG

My thoughts exactly. We need a DE more than a DT and there is no way Balmer is better than Campbell. Flowers impresses me in his run support. I think this guy will be a solid corner. I wouldn't mind having Sweed there either though, but I'd prefer to take a late round pick on marcus monk, mario urrutia or even pick up a player like lance leggett as an undrafted rookie. Three tall receivers and leggett even has some speed. And guard in the 3rd round would be a good thing. I also wouldn't be against Michael Oher in the 1st round or Phillip Merling in the 2nd if we don't go de in the first and he falls to us.

I actually think Run DMC could go w/the first overall pick, he's just that good.

The Dolphins already have Ronnie Brown (even though he has an torn ACL). St. Louis has Steven Jackson (obviously). I see him going to Atlanta @ 3 (Norwood doesn't have DMC's power and Dunn is old). If the Falcons don't get him, he will drop to the Jets @ 6. Oakland (Fargus) and Kansas City (Johnson) don't really need him but boy RUN DMC along with Russell will make Oakland scary in the future.

I cant see taking a DT in the first. Im quite pleased with the Griffin/Monty/Golston rotation we have right now. I think we need a big DE to play LE and Campbell is the best candidate there. Phil Merling is gaining intrest as well as a smaller (obviously) but more athletic DE. Also, if Laurence Jackson slips to us in the 2nd he would be a great fit. Based on that draft, Id go

1. Campbell

2. Sweed/James Hardy or Flowers/Rodgers Cromartie (CB) if we sign a FA WR

3. Branden Albert

check out nfldraftcountdown.com Its the most accurate mock draft website Ive found, and everythings free

]']We need to get OL more than DL' date=' by far. I'd rather get a Pass Rushing OLB or a DE in the first, and then a Guard in the 3rd round and on.

It wouldn't solve any of our problems. We don't have a problem at KR, Cartwright had a very good average. If you're expecting a KR for a TD every time, your're foolish. Some franchises go years without seeing one (see: Bucs). More important is your average- if you can consistantly get your team across the 30, or 35, you're in great shape.

As for WR, DeSean Jackson wouldn't do anything because we already have 2 Jacksons- Moss and Randel El. Why would we want another tiny speedster? Moss is one of the best in that regard, what we'd need is a Limas Sweed or Malcolm Kelly. A Receiver who is tall and can practically guarantee you a Recpetion each time. Someone whose hard to take down. A first down machine. Someone to make the safeties respect under neath, and potentially open up Moss or ARE over the top.[/quote']

You mistake what I am saying. If we retain Rock then great, but he's not currently if I understand correctly under contract. I raised his name only because it would add a quality young WR and a KR, I didn't say its what I think we SHOULD pick in the third, cause everyone knows if Rock isn't retained a back can be had in FA or later in the draft. The question was would he be there at 21, and i'm not sure that he will be. Hope that explains :D

2005? Isn't this the 2007 season? It's great he did something a few seasons back and I know he was hurt this year but come on now.

Manningham has impacted games all the through once he got int the lineup. As you should know, stats aren't the only measure of a player. Mario was hurt in 2006, just like Sweed was hurt this year. But this year he put up over a 1,100+ on 72 catches and double digit TDs.

As I review Limas' numbers, his best statistical season is 46 catches, 801 yards and 12 TDs. Good avg per catch and good TD numbers. before that he had 5 TDs and the year before zero.

Meanwhile Manningham had 6, 9 and then 12 TDs and went from 28 to 37 to 72 catches. Always demonstrated improvement and would have had a lot more than 37 catches had he not been hurt, just as Limas would have had more catches this year.

he's also a junior so that might explain a cumulative difference in totals, as Sweed played for every one of his eligible years.

But Manningham is 6-0 and 180. Sweed is 6-4 and 220. We have enough Mario's on our roster.

I saw this on Sports Nation:

Dane (Ohio): With all the DBs entering the draft, what does the top five cornerbacks look like? Does Justin King have a chance to be a late first rounder?

sn2.gifMel Kiper: (1:21 PM ET ) The top five CBs are Aqib Talib from Kansas. He's the No. 1. He should go in the top 10. Then it's Reggie Smith from Oklahoma, who's a combo, a S/CB. He'll hit you, he has range. I would probably go with Brandon Flowers from Virginia Tech No. 3. He's a junior. Tremendous break on the ball. He finished third on the team in tackles. Four, I'd think about Justin King. What he lacked this year was consistency. He would have benefitted from another year. He has tremendous computer numbers at the CB slot. He'll go more on potential than performance. Right there will be Leodis McKelvin, Tracy Porter. Because of these juniors coming out, you have a pretty good group of CBs. There is a lot of help coming from the CB group.

That's good news that the class is deep at CB that means we can focus on a Dlineman or OL in the first two rounds maybe.

This is true but I was speaking from a pure talent/production standpoint. Sweed has ability but I would not be taking him with any first round pick.

Neither would I, that's why I said a 2nd rounder wouldn't be bad for him. But if I was GM, I'd go DE, OG, OG in the first 3 rounds. But that's just me. :silly:

I like Campbell in the 1st round. Another "U" pick... But the 2nd round pick is even sweeter. If Sweed is there in the 2nd round, then that will be a successful first 2 rounds for Was.

We do need depth, but if the FO keeps Buges, then we can develop some later picks for depth on the OL. We don't need anyone to start immediately. Just some developmental/depth guys...

I like Derrick Harvey a lot with our first pick.

Didn't watch the Michigan/Florida game?

It's a Big 10 thing. For years now, you can rely on the Big 10 to produce quality QBs, WRs, TEs, DBs but NOT the thing they're most known for---running the ball (Running backs.)

You forgot top flight CB's.

Archived