Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR * Cowher Next Coach: Says Cerrato * RUMOR (M.E.T.)

Frediemac

*Rumor* I just posted this in the Mega Merge Next Coach thread. I think if Cerrato is hinting it's Cowher than it probably is and it's just a matter of process/time.

--------------------

This is the information I've heard. From a good friend of mine.

Friend "A" has a source who is the VP of a prominent real estate brokerage in VA.

Cowher was approached by Atlanta owner Arthur Blank and said he wasn't coaching he wanted to stay another year.

Monday after, (my Friend) had lunch with friend, VP of Real estate brokerarge, and were talking about Cowher. VP said he already bought a farm in Leesburg (November time frame), and basically had an agreement with Snyder to take over when Gibbs retires. This has all been setup in the background due to the obvious NFL process. It's basically a wink-wink/verbal agreement between Snyder and Cowher.

I asked about looking up the sale of the farm can't be confirmed for 3 to 6 months till it goes to public record. Plus this also goes with what was said earlier about Cowher's daughter looking at GMU and Snyder wanting Gibbs to stay for another year.

Take the information for what it is but I'm going to put my money on Cowher. I believe it and have no reason not too. He's a stand up guy and has no reason to make any of it up. We are both die-hard skins fans. If we bring anyone else in for interviews it's just for following the process. I have not other information as to what happens with GW or Saunders and the rest of the coaching staff.

Ummmmm. How come no one is commenting on this post? All In has always seemed a pretty reasonable and credible member, and reading this post blew me away. I still don't see why the VP would have been told that Cowher was to be a coach. That part doesn't make sense.

easy Thread Nazi's if you don't like what you're hearing then move on to the next thread..Don't ask the Mods to delete the thread...Cowher would be a welcome site, didn't he take the Steelers to the Super Bowl with Neil O'Donnell?? can't remember..

just relax, we have all offseason to deal with this news...

i think if it's between GW and Bill Cowher, neither choice could be that bad. Cowher is better than Pete Carroll or Billick. Cam Cameron would be a bad choice. I think Pete Carroll would be the worst decision. Another college coach would be stupidity, especially after Spurrier. Even Spurrier said it best "Hindsight is 50/50" hahaha

Ummmmm. How come no one is commenting on this post? All In has always seemed a pretty reasonable and credible member, and reading this post blew me away. I still don't see why the VP would have been told that Cowher was to be a coach. That part doesn't make sense.

Thanks, again, this is what I get from a good friend of mine. My interpretation is that the VP from working with Cowher came away with the understanding that he would take over for Gibbs. I mean what would you do if you had this info? How could you not tell anyone, not one soul? It just gets out. I don't think it's a case where the VP was told my Snyder or anyone else with the Redskins that Cowher would be the coach. I mean the NFL has a process and you don't want to draw attention to this kind of situation.

It all adds up and makes sense to me, so I believe it to be true, just need to go through the process.

I am just assuming but when a big time person wants to buy a house, farm or whatever you go to the top of the food chain at the real estate agency. Anybody who has ever bought a house knows that during home visits and paperwork you talk about stuff. realtors usually are nosey as to why people are moving and ask those types of questions. It is probable that it came up, especially if he already knew this guy from some sort of dealing in the past. I know I would ask why he was moving to leesburg, which is about 10 minutes from a big park that bleeds burgandy and gold.

If Cowher gets "all the power," maybe he would fire Vinny. :cheers:

Or better yet, hopefully JG "the advisor" tells Danny to promote GW and retain AS.

There are all sorts of discrepancies with this bloated coaching staff we have right now. Rumors, rumors everywhere. Remember the Steve Jackson flak from last year? Gibbs calling the plays over Saunders. Saunders's watered down playbook. Gibbs calling the plays inside the 20s. Collins getting 0 shot at the job when he came in. Gibbs having NO CLUE about the defense's 10 man tribute after ST's death.

It could be the media blowing things out of proportion, or it could be the fact that a bunch of hired guns were brought in w/ a common goal and were constantly bumping heads.

I don't think it's safe to assume everything has been all warm and fuzzy the past 4 years.

he's the only coach in history to take a 6th seed team to the SB and win.

I think he knows what he's doing.

The Steelers won the Super Bowl in 2005 IN SPITE OF COWHER, not because of him. If he had his way (which he always did prior to that season) the Steelers would have ran on 1st and 2nd down all year long, and then threw incomplete passes on 3rd down. Apparently Cowher was not so blind as to realize that Benji was not like the previous turkeys he thought he could win with at QB (O'Donnell, Brister, Tomczak, Stewart, Maddox) and let Benji do his thing.

I don't believe he will come here without all the power, which Danny Boy will not relinquish.

There are all sorts of discrepancies with this bloated coaching staff we have right now. Rumors, rumors everywhere. Remember the Steve Jackson flak from last year? Gibbs calling the plays over Saunders. Saunders's watered down playbook. Gibbs calling the plays inside the 20s. Collins getting 0 shot at the job when he came in. Gibbs having NO CLUE about the defense's 10 man tribute after ST's death.

It could be the media blowing things out of proportion, or it could be the fact that a bunch of hired guns were brought in w/ a common goal and were constantly bumping heads.

I don't think it's safe to assume everything has been all warm and fuzzy the past 4 years.

We all know that Gibbs was calling the plays under the 20 last year. He actually came out and said he had input in the plays that were being called in the redzone. So that is a fact, as for the other stuff I'm not sure there is any factual information and just heresay.

This is exactly what was said in La Cafrona's blog. As you can see, the source is a person who knows Cerrato who speculates that Cowher will be the coach. Not saying he won't be, but this is just speculation at this point.

"But I spoke to a source who knows Cerrato well who said he believes it will be Bill Cowher. He thinks that Cowher will get the keys to the kingdom and become the first $10-million coach, or in that range. "He's going to want the power Parcells had in Dallas," the source said. "Cowher's going to want to shop for the groceries. He lives in North Carolina, that keeps him pretty close to his home. I think that's where this thing is going."

Given the heavy powers that someone like Cowher would hold, he would likely get a title similar to what Gibbs had, and thus that would continue to render a GM moot in the management structure."

I don't believe he will come here without all the power, which Danny Boy will not relinquish.

Yeah but if Snyder was going to give total control to someone it would be a Bill Cowher and not Gregg WIilliams. I have a bad feeling we'll be changing the scheme/players all over again.

Personally I'd rather give Williams with Saunders a shot, but Cowher would be a good coach for this team.

this is so weird LOL ..... i was at Panera here in Ashburn (which makes it even more weird, hopefully it wasnt him) and i saw someone who looks like Cowher, he had the same ugly look to him. then i started thinking ..... " hmmmmmmm..... could Cowher coach the skins? "

i like cowher, i got a soft spot for the steelers too. when i heard Randle El was coming i was happy, but no one deserves it more then Williams. If you look back 1 to 2 years on the threads, a lot of us said Williams should be the coach when Gibbs leaves. Hopefully it happens

Give the job to Williams if he works out GREAT. If the team doesn't do great next year you hire Cowher after his daughter is done with school. Cowher wants one more year... We should give it to him and hire GW if GW has success F Cowher.

This would be a great idea. but now that it is out in public knowledge it might not work out. And don't forget how it got out. VINNY DID IT ON PURPOSE because he knows his job would be in trouble.

On WTEM Right Now Cerrato says Cowher will be the next Head Coach of the

Washington Redskins. But he will want all the power. The Keys to the Kingdom.

Jason LaCanfora's reporting that Cerrato told a souce this. HE WILL BE THE NEXT 10 MILLION DOLLAR COACH :(

No way in hell - !

Archived