Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR * Cowher Next Coach: Says Cerrato * RUMOR (M.E.T.)

Frediemac

I am listening to the show now and haven't heard anything about Cowher

They talked about it steady for about 20 minutes but now they are interviewing people. right now Ray Brown. It will come back up very soon. trust me

PORTIS COMING UP IN A FEW MINUTES :applause:

Let's take a step back in all of this. Who is to say that GW even wants to be a head coach again? I remember last year or the year before that him stating that he doesn't want the pressure of being a head coach again. He said he likes where he's at (D-coordinator) and doesn't have any plans of that situation changing. You know making $2 mil a year just to coach a defense is a pretty damn good salary boys and girls. He might be comfortable at where he's at in life and might not want to deal with the rigors of head coaching every again.

Maybe that's why all this Cowher talk has surfaced. Gregg Williams likes where he's at, and enjoy's what he does. Cowher would be another Gibbs like figure where he is very good at getting players to play for him. And Saunders and GW will assume their roles as coordinators like now.

Let's take a step back in all of this. Who is to say that GW even wants to be a head coach again? I remember last year or the year before that him stating that he doesn't want the pressure of being a head coach again. He said he likes where he's at (D-coordinator) and doesn't have any plans of that situation changing. You know making $2 mil a year just to coach a defense is a pretty damn good salary boys and girls. He might be comfortable at where he's at in life and might not want to deal with the rigors of head coaching every again.

Maybe that's why all this Cowher talk has surfaced. Gregg Williams likes where he's at, and enjoy's what he does. Cowher would be another Gibbs like figure where he is very good at getting players to play for him. And Saunders and GW will assume their roles as coordinators like now.

Like I said that would be AWESOME! having all 3 would be great

Why would Gibbs stay on as a special advisor if they're going to hire Cowher and thus likely slaughter the current staff and roster?

Doesn't make sense to me.

I will say that Snyder and the front office are in a tough spot. They HAVE to conduct interviews because of the Rooney Rule (great in theory, awkward thus far in practice, with seemingly effective results too though), and if you're interviewing...why not try to talk to Cowher too?

The "class" thing here would be to hire G Williams because many believe he's "earned" it...and it preserves continuity. but if they go that route, they have to jump through some hoops before they ultimately arrive there.

I say bing Marty back so he can fire Vinny again...

I knew we could find a silver lining to Marty's tenure here.

Vanna, can I buy an "r"? (for "bing")

don't believe it...I won't believe it until either Mort Or The Professor confirms it.

Or Andyman says it to be true.

Quoted for truth, as I see it anyway.

If this is true, the Redskins are the biggest joke of a franchise in the NFL.

Not the biggest joke, no. As long as Snyder is willing to spend his/fans' money, the Redskins will be the NFL's biggest offseason Rumor Beyatch.

Normally it's just for the Free Agency period. But this year we'll be having the Bonus Coaches Round also.

I want Gregg. The problem I have with Cowher is that it would bring a big upheaval.

I also talked to a buddy of mine who is a huge Steelers fan. His take is that it would be a mistake. He said Cowher can get you wins, but that's about it. The team caught fire the year they won and his point was they had much more talented teams before that and they couldn't turn the corner.

Does anyone have a link for this story? It is not on the JLC blog I am looking at. I have no idea why.

Try scrolling down a little. JLC posted it at 1122am.

My opinion on the on Cowher: He is a players coach which is a plus. He gets the most out of his players because they want to do well for him. So I'll take him. I'd still rather have Williams and continuity, but oh well, Danny has to make his splash.

I hope if Cowher does coach here he doesn't want a Jerome Bettis style runner. I hate watching real big guys run the ball, they're feet are too slow and they need a hole the size of a VW beetle to get through.

Archived