Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RUMOR * Cowher Next Coach: Says Cerrato * RUMOR (M.E.T.)

Frediemac

I call bull**** on this report b/c of all of the information that has come out during and since the press conference. Snyder will do his "due diligence" but I think its just for the process' sake. Gregg Williams is getting the job, and has been groomed for it all year long. I got a sense that he was being groomed since the middle of the season, and after hearing the players lobby for him, its obvious that Snyder is just going through the motions until its the right time to announce that Williams will be the HC. Wonder why you haven't heard from Williams? Read between the lines people. I could be completely wrong about Snyder hiring Williams, but I knew last night that Gibbs was going to retire. I honestly felt it and all the signs pointed to it. I'm 1 for 1, and damn it, I'm gonna be 2 for 2 :laugh: :whoknows: G dub baby!!!

We have a system that I have faith in and it is proven to succeed, given time.

How is it proven to succeed? Do we need to have a star player get killed every year while we are mired in a mediocre season filled with blown leads so they can rally for a late season streak to squeak into the playoffs? Okay, that's a little harsh, but can you really say the system was working prior to the last 4 games? While not much seperates us from being a 11-5 or even a 12-4 team, there's also not much seperating us from the 5-11 team we were in '06.

Bottom line: We can not score points. That has been the problem ALL YEAR LONG! Why is everybody so in love with Al Saunders? Williams is a great D-Coordinator yes, but head coach? not in the past he wasn't. But I would like the continuity.

What is everybody's problem with Bill Cowher? I have always considered him one of Footballs very best coaches and believe that he would help bring a consistent winner here in D.C.

COWER IS NOT THE ANSWER, AT ANY GIVEN MOMENT, WHO WOULDN'T WANT A CHANCE TO RUN THIS FRANCHISE BACK INTO THE GROUND AGAIN...GREG WILLIAMS IS NOT THE ANSWER EITHER..HE'S WON THE HEARTS OF THOSE FANS WHO LOVED #21..THIS IS NOT TO SLAM gw, BUT IF THIS IS GOING TO WORK THE WAY I HEAR GIBBS & SNYDER PLAN ON IT TOO, HIRE SOMEONE OUTSIDE THE FRANCHISE.

We've seen the Kansas City offense at work years ago. We've seen Todd manage the game despite his lack of experience as a starter. However, he had experience in the offensive system. The offense WILL work out in time. All 750 pages.

So, then it's just your opinion that it will succeed, because there's no proof the system Gibbs ran for the last 4 years is a proven system. However, it sounds more like you're talking about Saunders' system anyway. But that doesn't matter right now, because there's no guarantee he will be back. Most people who become head coaches bring in their own assistants.

if williams is retained i really hope saunders stays on too. the defense will be great. jerry gray will probably be DC. i would be great for jason to have the same OC.

I agree 100% with this - keeping the same offensive system is really important in terms of the continued development of Jason Campbell.

I hope GW does get the job from a continuity point of view.

That said what I worry about in the above scenario is what happens in terms of the front office player personel point of view. Joe Gibbs had the ability both contractually and in reality to have final say - would that still be the case if GW got the gig. I worry that Snyder and Vinny would start to pull strings in terms of aquiring free agents etc.

If Cowher came in he would want - and get - final say and would likely want his own personnel guys in place as well which would probably mean Vinny being shown the door.

Frankly I'm more worried about what Joe leaving means from the front office point of view than a coaching point of view.

We've seen the Kansas City offense at work years ago. We've seen Todd manage the game despite his lack of experience as a starter. However, he had experience in the offensive system. The offense WILL work out in time. All 750 pages.

saunders hasn't won a game as a OC in quite some time

This has probably been said numerous times, but I gotta put it somewhere:

Hiring Cowher will put our team back YEARS. Who says that the guys who NEED to restructure to get us under the cap will? Andre Carter will be an OLB again - how did that work for him out in SF? I DO NOT want Cowher here.

Archived