Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Joshua has power and did what he was supposed to do. Congrats to the new champ! Martin is a fraud. He was gifted the IBF belt. Martin talked trash and did absolutely nothing to back it up. He could have beat the count. Think he felt the power and wanted no more of that. I don't mind a guy getting KO'ed, but this was just disappointing on so many levels. Dylan Whyte did better than Martin. Pissed off!!!

Pac/Bradley 3 was the best of the trilogy, IMO.  Much more entertaining than I expected. It was too loud at the bar to really understand the post fight interviews, but did Kellerman drop Mayweather's name in there? I could have sworn I heard it. My only wish was that we would have got Pac/Marquez 5 as both fighters' final fight. 

Just curious as to why Arum and now Roach are even putting stuff like that out there.

he needs them for bigger buyrates/paydays

Dan RafaelVerified account

‏@danrafaelespn

Nothing official yet but Arum told me today he expects #PacBradley PPV to be between 400k and 500k. He termed that "not good." #boxing

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/adrien-broner-update-333362

BRONER LOCKED UP!!!

Former four-division world champion Adrien “The Problem” Broner has asked boxing fans to write him while he’s spending ten days incarcerated in Cincinnati for reckless operation of a motor vehicle. He is scheduled for release on April 22. Broner published his current address on Instagram:

Adrien Broner
Hamilton County Justice Center
900 Sycamore
Cincinnati, OH 45202

Broner also has a scheduled court date today on unrelated felony charges involving an alleged robbery and assault of an acquaintance outside a Cincinnati bowling alley last January.

Maybe he needs to spend a little more time behind bars and realize what a golden opportunity he's been wasting as a professional athlete. 

Khan-Canelo is the first PPV fight in a while that has made me a little uncomfortable due to one fighter being at a complete competitive disadvantage. I can't see any way Khan isn't brutally knocked out. His chin was being checked at 140 lbs and Canelo is a big puncher at 155...

Khan has to land something early to make Canelo think twice about just absorbing his shots to get in close. Should also really work on his footwork for this fight. His hand speed will always be there, but he needs light feet to have a chance to win. He needs to fire his shots and get out of dodge before Canelo can return fire, and he better keep off the ropes, especially the corners.

I see one or two avenues for a Khan victory, but it essentially requires him to fight a perfect fight, something he has not been able to do against lesser competition than Canelo.

Changing the subject....  The heavyweight division hasn't been particularly interesting in the past 10-15 years or so, due in large part to the dominance of the Klitschko bros.  Now that Vitaly is retired and Wlad has be deposed, any thoughts on the next true king of the division?

My rankings (not including Wlad, not sure if it was just a blip for him or what but he's 39 now)

(1) Anthony Joshua (looks like the complete package)

(2) Deontay Wilder (looks like the complete package, but sort of more like Michael Grant which isn't good)

(3) Tyson Fury (difficult to fight, but not the talent of Joshua or Wilder)

(4) Alexander Povetkin (has beaten just about everyone but Klitschko)

(5) Joseph Parker (pretty much untested, but has taken care of business so far)

• Like 1