Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I hope the rumors of Pac-Crawford actually come to fruition for 2016. Gonna be a nice ppv welcoming for Bud.

Wouldn't mind seeing this fight, but as a final fight for Manny, why would Arum send Manny out with a potential loss? Manny has trouble with slick boxers. Not a good matchup for Manny, but definitely can welcome Bud to PPV.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 1

I agree but he shouldn't be blamed for that. The promoter has to shoulder that blame.

That's really all it is.

Crawford has been very good, yet you want to... as the promoter, also protect that potential cash cow.

That part is business, I understand.

Part I don't really get, is Crawford being okay with that unless he has some unknown money promised.

Crawford needs a fight against someone like Pacquiao. You can't keep on running him out there against guys who are over matched. At this point, what does he prove by beating no-name guys?

And exactly who does Pacquiao fight on April 9 (my birthday by the way) if not Crawford?

Edited by DM72

Crawford needs a fight against someone like Pacquiao. You can't keep on running him out there against guys who are over matched. At this point, what does he prove by beating no-name guys?

And exactly who does Pacquiao fight on April 9 (my birthday by the way) if not Crawford?

I think they were going to match Crawford against Matthysse if he won like they thought he would. 

Still can't believe my guy quit in that fight

Marquez or Khan, IMO

• 2 weeks later...

I would be surprised if Bradley don't win by UD.

On another note. What has happened to Showtime Boxing? They used to run good cards out every month, but now their cards are far in between. Did Haymon do THAT much damage to Showtime?

I would be surprised if Bradley don't win by UD.

On another note. What has happened to Showtime Boxing? They used to run good cards out every month, but now their cards are far in between. Did Haymon do THAT much damage to Showtime?

Thats more on them than Haymon. They had to know Haymon's ambitions and at least some wind of his plans while he was using the station. If they didn't, its borderline negligence on their part.

Showtime's always been a rough spot. They don't have HBO's budget so that limits their capabilities. They didn't manage to build any new stars for them while they had Floyd and they lost Canelo back to HBO.

They survived as long as they have primarily because ShoBox was the best prospect checker in the game, many a prospect caught their first L on ShoBox. They also manage to put on a classic fighter every now and then that gets people talking about them.

Hope you guys caught the boxing last night, PBC on Spike TV. Nothing but KO's in all 5 fights. Main event between Edwin Rodriguez and Michaels Seals and they both showed explosive punching power. No defense at all. Both guys dropped in round 1. Didn't think Rodriguez would survive the fight, but he came back to KO Seals in 3. Definitely worth catching on YouTube when available.

Edited by ksun247
  • Like 1

COTTO STRIPPED OF WBC TITLE

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article22458.html

The World Boxing Council worked tirelessly through a process that began over two years ago to secure the celebration of the highly anticipated fight between Miguel Cotto and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. The WBC is proud of that accomplishment that is giving boxing fans around the world a very important fight to see.

After several weeks of communications, countless attempts and good faith time extensions trying to preserve the fight as a WBC World Championship, Miguel Cotto and his promotion did not agree to comply with the WBC Rules & Regulations, while Saúl Alvarez has agreed to do so. Accordingly, the WBC must rule on the matter prior to the fight.

The WBC hereby announces that effective immediately has withdrawn recognition of Miguel Cotto as WBC World Middleweight Champion. If Saul "Canelo" Alvarez wins the fight against Cotto, he will be recognized as the WBC middleweight world champion.

The WBC's decision is premised on the fact that Miguel Cotto and his camp are not willing to abide by the governing WBC Rules & Regulations, and the specific conditions the WBC established to sanction the fight. Simply put: they are not willing to respect the very same rules and conditions which applied to Cotto becoming WBC champion. The WBC wishes Miguel Cotto the best of luck as we truly regret the course of action which led to them taking such decision.

*** More at Link

They never say what specifically he did. I'm sure it has to do with money. Pulling for Cotto to KO Canelo. We'll see come Saturday night.

Now, this is an easy way for GGG to become the undisputed MW Champ.

Canelo is a likeable guy, but Oscar has been showing his ass lately. He can't stop showing his hatred for Floyd. He needs to just shut up and find some more talent for GB Promotions, before Canelo gets fed up with him.

Edited by ksun247

Canelo is a likeable guy, but Oscar has been showing his ass lately. He can't stop showing his hatred for Floyd. He needs to just shut up and fight some more talent for GB Promotions, before Canelo gets fed up with him.

i'm cool with the Floyd hatred, its the hypocrisy of his arguments that are ridiculous

• Like 1