Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Conor McGregor offers fight proposal to Mayweather.

Of course, this banter is more for entertainment purposes, rather than actual news.

Take it for what it's worth.

http://prommanow.com/2016/01/09/conor-mcgregor-offers-floyd-mayweather-8020-split-purse-to-fight/

McGregor took to his official Facebook page to comment on a variety of things, including responding to Mayweather via the quote below :  "If you want we can organise a fight no problem. I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue."
Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Conor McGregor offers fight proposal to Mayweather.

Of course, this banter is more for entertainment purposes, rather than actual news.

Take it for what it's worth.

http://prommanow.com/2016/01/09/conor-mcgregor-offers-floyd-mayweather-8020-split-purse-to-fight/

MMA should focus on their own sport. They keep going after Floyd, even after their own previous pet Rousey got walked down by a former boxer.

And having her on the cover of ring magazine was a disgrace

Called it. One of the best one punch KOs you'll ever see!

Yeah, I finally got one right. My predictions haven't been that great lately. LOL!

Thought Wilder was losing up until that KO. Very close fight and Szpilka was making it interesting. Showtime had Wilder up on their cards. POWER is always the great equalizer, when skills aren't getting it done. Props to Wilder for checking on Szpilka, cause that KO was brutal.

Fury and his WWE antics though. He was about to pull an old school Ric Flair after he took his jacket off. Just needed to stomp and drop a knee on his jacket and then bounce off the ropes. LOL!

If they both get past their mandatory fights with Klitschko and Povetkin, then this fight will be entertaining for as long as it lasts. Wilder will starch him within 5 rounds.

• Like 1

that shot was brutal, and Wilder still isn't throwing his punches right. He's basically destroying people with arm shots, there's room for him to increase his power with better technique

respect to Spilka though, he took some brutal right hands early in the fight and stood strong. Only so many you can catch before you go down.

I don't know if he beats Fury though. Fury is a clown, but he has some skill, particularly on defense.

Edited by StillUnknown

Didn't think Wilder was impressive at all apart from the one punch obviously. I'd fancy Furys chances of beating him tbh.

I give Povetkin every chance of beating Wilder too though.

Well sure, any top heavyweight would have a chance. Wilder is far from unbeatable. Heck, I'd give Stiverne a chance if he ever gets a rematch. But, you can see Wilder getting better at his craft over the last couple of years. He's starting to get a Larry Holmes vibe to what he's doing out there...and it's pretty fun to watch.

Danny "Swift" Garcia vs Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero tonight on Fox at 8pm EST. They are fighting for Mayweather's vacated WBC 147 LBS title.

Think Guerrero has been in too many wars. Swift is gonna crack his chin and get the stoppage within 10 rounds.

Kovalev is no joke. Don't understand why GGG gets way more hype than this guy. Total dominance over Pascal. Had Pascal literally afraid to let his hands go.

But the the "shake your head" moment of the night was Roy Jones Jr. One of the greatest fighters ever has become a joke. Dude was the hype man for Pascal as he came down to the ring. It's sad.

Edited by DM72

Khan's going to get bullied and battered

cant see his speed being enough to win that one

Only outcome I can see too tbh. 

Its a smart fight for him too though. Nobody will expect him to win. He can lose, get the big Vegas pay day and still have the big Kell Brook fight waiting for him next summer. 

Props to Khan for getting his PPV payday. He's been begging forever, but Khan will be game and give Canelo something he hasn't seen yet, a young fast aggressive boxer. Khan has the boxing skills to make it competitive for a minute, until he gets his chin checked. He must have really wanted that payday. I will definitely watch for the entertainment value of seeing Khan do the stanky leg after getting hit with a 1-2 combo. Oh, who the HELL am I kidding? All it takes is one punch to that glass jaw. LOL! Calling it now, KO of the Year!

Khan vs Canelo? I think Canelo should get BLASTED for this decision.

Yes he should, but he doesn't want to fight at the 160 lbs limit. It's a shame that he holds the Middleweight Championship (160 lbs), but his fights have to be a catchweight of 155 lbs.  Although technically, any weight above 154 lbs and below 160 lbs is considered middleweight . 

• 2 weeks later...

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/14784749/manny-pacquiao-criticized-comment-same-sex-relationships

Boxing star and Philippine Senate candidate Manny Pacquiao apologized Tuesday for denouncing people in gay relationships as "worse than animals" but said he stood by his opposition to same-sex marriage.

Fellow Filipino celebrities were among those criticizing his remarks, made when a TV network asked candidates about their views on same-sex marriage.

"It's just common sense," Pacquiao said in the remarks posted online by the TV5 network. "Have you seen any animal having male-to-male or female-to-female relations?"

Animals, he said, were better because they recognize gender differences, and "if you have male-to-male or female-to-female [relationships], then people are worse than animals."

Not the first time he's hit the gay community, that apology has as much credibility as the various boxing trinkets passing as titles.

• Like 1