Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Manny must not watch the National Geographic Channel or Discovery Channel. There are all kinds of animal species having sex with the same sex.  Manny is not the smartest guy out there. He really needs to watch what he says. The LGBT community is killing him on social media. If he wins his election, it'll be on popularity only, cause I'm pretty sure he's not really educated on all of the issues his folks are facing. 

Bottom line: He should just shut up and box. If he's going to be a politician, he should know his people and what their issues are.

• Like 1

Unlike some people, I'm not afraid of jumping on my guy when he says something stupid.

Like the saying goes, "It's better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."

IMO, if he'd just stopped at gay marriages, he'd been alright. But to compare gays to animals? What the hell were you thinking Manny? He's about the only boxer that have major endorsements and now that will be gone. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb.

• Like 1

Open mouth, insert foot. He just cost himself a lot of money. He better get a good PR team. Kind of hard to recover from that nowadays. He just needs to take some time away from social media and the media period. But that is going to be difficult with him running for office.

NIKE stood behind Tiger Woods after his scandal. But if they pull out on Manny for this, you can bet other sponsors will follow.

Open mouth, insert foot. He just cost himself a lot of money. He better get a good PR team. Kind of hard to recover from that nowadays. He just needs to take some time away from social media and the media period. But that is going to be difficult with him running for office.

NIKE stood behind Tiger Woods after his scandal. But if they pull out on Manny for this, you can bet other sponsors will follow.

just came down that Nike has dropped him

Nike ain't innocent on this one though. As I said before, Pac's feelings on gay people are not exactly new. I suspect if he wasn't washed up, Nike would still stand by him. They see a way to get out of deal thats probably not as profitable as they would like.

Edited by StillUnknown

just came down that Nike has dropped him

Nike ain't innocent on this one though. As I said before, Pac's feelings on gay people are not exactly new. I suspect if he wasn't washed up, Nike would still stand by him. They see a way to get out of deal thats probably not as profitable as they would like.

I don't know. He said that gays are worst than animals. LeBron or Steph would probably lose endorsements if they said something like that.

THURMAN vs PORTER Fight Postponed due to vehicle accident

http://www.fighthype.com/news/article23482.html

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/keith-thurman-sustains-injury-forcing-postponement-of-title-defense-against-shawn-porter-325789

Undefeated world champion Keith Thurman sustained an injury as a result of a car accident that has forced his March 12 welterweight title defense against Shawn Porter to be postponed.  The announcement was made today by promoter Lou DiBella, president of DiBella Entertainment.  According to his doctors, Thurman's injuries are not considered serious and he is expected to be cleared to resume training in the coming weeks.  Thurman vs. Porter was the main event of a scheduled two-fight card to be broadcast in prime time on CBS.  This fight and the network broadcast will now be rescheduled for a later date.

Was really looking forward to this fight. Wishing Thurman a speedy recovery.  Want to see both guys at their best. Still taking Thurman by Split Decision when they fight.

Bud is special. Don't know why they won't put him in there with Postol to see who is the top 140 lbs guy. Should be an easy fight to make. Maybe TR saw what he did to Matthyssee and want to keep Bud in there with soft touches. Kinda glad they didn't sacrifice Manny to Bud in his so-called final fight. That would have been wrong to see Manny get beat down and then retire.

• Like 1

Luis Ortiz is the most talented heavyweight in the heavyweight division imo. Another good showing from him last night. Would like to see him kick on and fight a top 5 fighter soon given his age. Think him v Fury would be a really good fight. 

Edited by Morrison J

• 3 weeks later...

Broner is nothing but a punk! Karma will catch up to him one day. This happened a while back, but the details are now coming out. Crazy! Just wish Theophane was good enough to whip his ass! He's scrappy, but doesn't have the skills to beat Broner. I would love to see a Maidana-type butt kicking and see him humbled again. Not gonna happen, but I can hope.

Dunno about that.

When I think of general obnoxiousness, if done with style/savvy, and backed up by results, it can sell.

Even if you are a complete POS in life, if you respect the game, and you put in work in the ring, people will respect you as a boxer.

I do not respect him as a boxer, certainly not after his loss to Porter. Add that he was so intent on riding Floyds dick, and just being an overall jackass, and now this.

He's just a mess, everywhere you look.

I know some of y'all may have caught the Ward vs Barrera fight, but there were other fights in England yesterday. Brook destroyed Bizier and Eubank Jr. did the same to Blackwell. Unfortunately, Blackwell is in a real tough spot. He was placed into a coma. This is the reality of boxing when guys are just too tough for their own good and the corner and ref wait a little too long to stop a fight. Hoping he recovers from this.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/boxing-results-from-sheffield-england-330459

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/results-from-london-eubank-stops-blackwell-330463

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/blackwell-put-into-induced-coma-330636

The Eubank-Blackwell fight was one of the most entertaining one sided fights I've seen in a long time. Scary stuff about Blackwell but thankfully it sounds like he won't need surgery and should be ok. Got to think his career is in serious doubt though.

Would love to see a Eubank-Lemieux fight some time down the line. Would be an absolute brawl.

I'm no lawyer, but will someone answer this. If there's a felony warrant for Broner's arrest, why haven't the Cincinnati police arrested Broner? I just read an article that pretty much eliminates that likelihood that he could be arrested in DC where he's scheduled to fight on Friday. Instead, he's being given the opportunity to turn himself in.

I guess there is such a thing called celebrity justice.

• 2 weeks later...