Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

• 2 weeks later...

Sky Sports News HQVerified account
‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: @GGGBoxing faces @SpecialKBrook at The O2 in London on September 10, live on Sky Sports Box Office. #SSNHQ

gonna be real funny watching people who criticized Canelo for fighting a welterweight twist themselves into a pretzel to defend GGG

Who else is there for GGG to fight though?

I think its polar opposite situations personally. I don't blame GGG for taking the big pay day and increase in exposure that this fight will bring him. All he can do is wait for one of Jacobs, Saunders or Canelo to finally grow the balls to fight him. 

Who else is there for GGG to fight though?

I think its polar opposite situations personally. I don't blame GGG for taking the big pay day and increase in exposure that this fight will bring him. All he can do is wait for one of Jacobs, Saunders or Canelo to finally grow the balls to fight him. 

usually when great fighters run out of opponents, they go up in weight, not fight someone 2 classes down.

its a bull**** move

• Like 1

Tired of boxing politics, but it is what it is. Hoping Kell Brook pulls off the upset. I'll watch the fight. Rather see GGG vs Canelo, but won't sleep on Kell doing enough to survive and win some rounds. Think GGG by UD. It is a BS move, but GGG and Brook are trying to get paid. Can't hate on any boxer trying to get paid. Sucks for us fans though, as we want to see the Canelo fight.

usually when great fighters run out of opponents, they go up in weight, not fight someone 2 classes down.

its a bull**** move

And who would want to fight him at 168? Ramirez is injured, Jack and DeGale are in negotiations to fight each other. There is no other fighter in that division that people wouldn't criticize GGG for fighting. 

There is no comparison to what Canelo did here. Canelo was ducking fighters by taking Khan, GGG has not actively ducked anyone. He's taking the one fight thats currently on the table for him.

I just hope the likes of Jacobs, Saunders and Canelo are embarrassed by seeing a welterweight in Kell Brook step up to have the fight against GGG when none of them have the bottle to do so. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gonna be an interesting fight. I have not seen a lot of advertising for this fight. Only on HBO, sports and boxing sites. No radio, other TV, nothing. Can't see it getting 200K PPV buys. I hope I'm wrong. Both are good boxers. Both guys will bring out the best in each other. I think Postol will do some damage early with his jab and body shots, but eventually Crawford comes back to win via late TKO or UD.