Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

Didn't see the fight. Was it THAT BAD a decision?

This is how bad it was

I was watching the fight at Barcode in DC last night. In round 11 I told my friend "Manny is just downing the ball now, he isn't going to try anything crazy, he has this"

It was so bad that I didn't even bother to watch the decision. Then I was wondering why Bradley was celebrating when I looked up at a TV.

You know its a terrible decision when Bradley's trainer had 8 rounds for Manny and only 4 for Bradley

Edited by SkinsHokieFan

This is how bad it was

I was watching the fight at Barcode in DC last night. In round 11 I told my friend "Manny is just downing the ball now, he isn't going to try anything crazy, he has this"

It was so bad that I didn't even bother to watch the decision. Then I was wondering why Bradley was celebrating when I looked up at a TV.

You know its a terrible decision when Bradley's trainer had 8 rounds for Manny and only 4 for Bradley

And when Bradley says, "I gotta go home and see the tape to see if I really won."

and the JMM/Pac decision in November was worse than this one.

I disagree, that fight was a lot closer than this one. You could easily find rounds to score for Pacquiao in that fight, after re-watching last night's fight, I'm struggling to find 3 rounds for Bradley.

I had 4 for Bradley.

I think the HBO slurping of Manny had a strong bias. Plus Manny didnt really fight that hard the last 4 rounds.

the Marquez fight, I struggled to find 4 rounds for Pacquiao. Every clean shot in that fight went to Marquez and he countered Manny to death. He took off the last 2 rounds tho.

one thing is that Bradley's ankle was messed up as the pic shows above. Have to give him credit, maybe not on the scorecards, for not going down and quitting.

You know, when I saw the Khan-Peterson fight, I thought Khan won, but you could make a justifiable argument that Peterson won the fight. It wasn't completely outrageous to say Peterson won it.

Last night, you have to be Venus and the fight on Alpha Centuri to think that Bradley was anywhere near Pac. You can't find one time in the fight where Bradley really took it to Pac. It was a Redskins Cowboys 35-7 blowout in my mind

---------- Post added June-10th-2012 at 10:18 AM ----------

one thing is that Bradley's ankle was messed up as the pic shows above. Have to give him credit, maybe not on the scorecards, for not going down and quitting.

I agree. I give Bradley lots of credit for staying up considering the shots he was taking and the injury he had. He fought hard and valiantly but it simply wasn't good enough to win

I think Bradley won the last 3 without question. I think he won either the 7th or 8th also (possibly both), I think those 3 punches at the end of round one didn't win a round that Bradley won IMO.

That's 6 right there and as much as Pac was in the fight I don't think he was so dominant as was expected and they may have hurt him.

That said I think Pac still won 7 rounds.

Maybe I should watch it again.

Bradley may have won 12 and 10 because there wasn't much action, but 11 went to Manny. He probably, like you said, won the 8th too. If you want to be generous you could say he won round 1. So that's 3 rounds he won the whole fight. IMO, the only rounds Bradley could have won were the rounds where neither fighter landed much.

At the end of the fight, I thought nothing but that Bradley showed a lot of heart and toughness, but was clearly outclassed. I had no inkling that the fight was even close. At least with Marquez/Pacquiao, you could make an argument either way. With this fight, the judges must have been awarding points to Bradley for a graze of Manny's ear or for every time he was measuring his jab.

Edited by jnhay

Completely fixed by Arum, who will never make a fight with Mayweather because Floyd is his own promoter.

So Arum, who promotes both Manny and Bradley, creates one more "super fight" between them before Manny retires.

What a joke. Arum's quotes of protest last night were obvious BS.

And the idea that this fight was as close as the Marquez Pac-Man fight is hilarious. In no universe did Bradley even come close to winning last night.

Completely fixed by Arum, who will never make a fight with Mayweather because Floyd is his own promoter.

So Arum, who promotes both Manny and Bradley, creates one more "super fight" between them before Manny retires.

What a joke. Arum's quotes of protest last night were obvious BS.

And the idea that this fight was as close as the Marquez Pac-Man fight is hilarious. In no universe did Bradley even come close to winning last night.

Who wants to even see a rematch? I was impressed by Bradley's determination, but at no point did he make it a real fight.

Some news bits I have seen floating around, still haven't seen the fight:

Teddy Atlas apparently was saying on SC that Pacquiao's Top Rank deal is coming up and he wants to leave and this is Arum's leverage to keep him

Chris Mannix (SI.com Boxing writer) had Bradley winning 7-5 and predicted the judges would give him some rounds due to his aggression

Most people can see Bradley taking the final 3 rounds and round 2, everything else is up to debate according to what I've read (sherdog and other forums). That would still have him losing 8-4

I only saw the last 6rounds last night and it was on a stream I didn't see the first 6 rounds. Just looking at the first 3 rounds on youtube they were extremely close. I have too see the fight next Saturday for a clear clear view HBO announcers are a joke a blow there load on anything Manny does.

This fight could be much closer than people realize if they don't let the audio sway them. Seems too me that for the most part PAC may have been trying too steal rounds in the last 20 seconds like Oscar.

I only saw the last 6rounds last night and it was on a stream I didn't see the first 6 rounds. Just looking at the first 3 rounds on youtube they were extremely close. I have too see the fight next Saturday for a clear clear view HBO announcers are a joke a blow there load on anything Manny does.

This fight could be much closer than people realize if they don't let the audio sway them. Seems too me that for the most part PAC may have been trying too steal rounds in the last 20 seconds like Oscar.

You can go somewhere else with that nonsense. It's hard to come up with 3 rounds that Bradley won. Compubox doesn't lie. Pacquiao landed more punches and he landed more power punches. And when a fighter says, "I have to go back and watch the tape to see if I REALLY won", they're admitting that they don't believe they won. Bradley was more surprised than anyone at MGM Grand when the outcome was announced.

Edited by DM72

Even Bradley's manager had it 8-4 Pacquiao. Duane Ford giving Bradley rounds 7-10 should be more than enough to have him banned from any big fights for life. I just wonder who paid him?

not exactly true:

http://www.badlefthook.com/2012/6/10/3076117/pacquiao-vs-bradley-controversy-results-robbery-rift-team-bradley-dunkin-arum-hbo-boxing-news

An ugly spat is developing between Top Rank promoter Bob Arum and Timothy Bradley's manager Cameron Dunkin, as Arum made a public claim that Dunkin had scored last night's controversial fight 116-112 for Manny Pacquiao, which Dunkin tells BoxingScene.com in quite colorful language is not the case:
"I never said anything like that. It's total bull****. The guy called me Cameron ****ing Diaz. The guy is a ****ing idiot. For him to say that I said [bradley] won eight to four is the most ridiculous thing. Why he would say that I have no idea."

Here's the entire fight:

http://ironforgesiron.com/2012/06/video-manny-pacquiao-vs-timothy-bradley-full-card/

It's in Russian so you don't have to worry about the audio, whatever that means.

And I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but apparently, about a half hour before the fight started, there was major money being dropped on Bradley.

Haralabos Voulgaris

‏@haralabob

Late money on this boxing match, Pac was -432 at 2pm it closed -397 at pinny. Lots of late money on Bradley. Take that fwiw.

https://twitter.com/haralabob/status/211686752363089920

R. Perez

‏@World_Wide_Wob

Bradley opened at +500 and closed +300. If it quacks like a fix, swims like a fix ... Its a fix. Pacquiao was never going to fight (1/2)

https://twitter.com/World_Wide_Wob/status/211687832820006912

They blow their load to all the money fighters. They do the same for Pacquiao as they do for Floyd and what they used to do for Tyson, Holyfield, De La Hoya, Jones Jr and Trinidad.

I think that at least Kellerman and Steward would have been all over Pacquiao if he was looking bad during the fight, because they were pretty critical of the stuff that went on before the fight. It didn't happen because he was pretty dominant.

I think that at least Kellerman and Steward would have been all over Pacquiao if he was looking bad during the fight, because they were pretty critical of the stuff that went on before the fight. It didn't happen because he was pretty dominant.

I thought it was the best Pacquiao has looked since his fight with Cotto.