Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

On Saturday afternoon, me and my cousin were on the 85 or 20 going west bound out of Atlanta when two guys on sports bikes were flying, weaving in and out of traffic. I have no idea who they were, but after hearing about this, it makes me wonder.

That's good to hear. But he needs to fight better than he did his last fight.

He might not even be 100% by September because of his shoulder, but he's taking the fight anyway. Kirkland's a credible opponent, but one that has enough flaws that Golden Boy isn't too scared to put their cash cow in the ring with.

Erislandy Lara was also in the mix, but Golden Boy would never take that risk.

He might not even be 100% by September because of his shoulder, but he's taking the fight anyway. Kirkland's a credible opponent, but one that has enough flaws that Golden Boy isn't too scared to put their cash cow in the ring with.

Erislandy Lara was also in the mix, but Golden Boy would never take that risk.

Kirkland will make Canelo work, but I cant see him losing.

I also did not believe Paul Williams would be a good opponent either because Williams never learned how to use his height and would be open to a lot of shots, altho his conditioning is much better than Alvarez's.

Kirkland/Alvarez will be a very entertaining fight for the casuals, but I cant see it going far.

I am still not sold on Alvarez.

SUCKS about Punisher :cry:

LOVE his spirit though.

And I'm not gonna defend Lamont's doping (either he or someone in his camp REALLY screwed up), but Amir's a drama queen:

He said: "He knew himself what he took as a professional boxer. He should have checked everything but he didn't declare anything. I really think he should be punished because he was a threat, not only to my life, but his own life as well.
"I know there are a lot of fighters out there who take stuff because of the way they fight. I am lucky to have natural talent but there are a lot of fighters out there who take shortcuts. There is only one way to catch them and that's why I urge that everyone should be tested. It is worth it to make the sport clean and the fights safe."
:rolleyes:

:violin:

Kirkland re-injured his shoulder so now he's out of the bout as well.

Erislandy Lara deserves a shot considering he actually beat Alverez's original opponent, Paul Williams despite what the judges said.

Erislandy Lara deserves a shot considering he actually beat Alverez's original opponent, Paul Williams despite what the judges said.

"Deserves" is not a quality promoters look for when scheduling a fight with the fighter they consider to be their future cash cow. Wouldn't be shocked if the fight went to the winner of tomorrow's Delvin Rodriguez/Austin Trout fight. I got a hunch they'll go with Carlos Quintana, who's coming of a decent win, but will be able to bring in the Puerto Rican fanbase. Mexicans & Puerto Rican fans are fiercely loyal and will get more eyes on PPV than the Rodriguez/Trout winner would.