Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I believe Alverez's best chance is to catch Mayweather with something early before Mayweather figures him out and he starts to get tired. Alverez has quick enough hands to do it. But I predict Mayweather by decision.

Edited by DM72

I believe Alverez's best chance is to catch Mayweather with something early before Mayweather figures him out and he starts to get tired. Alverez has quick enough hands to do it. But I predict Mayweather by decision.

If Canelo starts out wailing like he did against Trout, Floyd is going to indeed make him look stupid after he punches himself out. Still don't know why Trout let him off the hook with that. Funny thing though is that if Canelo tries to fight smarter and pick his spots, I still think he'll struggle to hit Floyd. He's just too good defensively.

I think his best bet would probably be to use his size advantage over Floyd, an possibly try to wear him down as the fight goes on, crowding him and hitting him in as many different places as possible. Crack that shell.

Hoping for a great night of boxing.  My predictions for tonight:

Mayweather TKO in 12 over Alvarez

(Similar to B. Hopkins T. Trindad fight) Too much skill. Floyd weathers an early storm and then takes him into the deep water and gets the TKO. He won't let him off the hook like Trout did.

Matthysse  KO in 8 over Garcia

Expecting a barn burner for as long as it lasts. I think both will hit the canvas in this one before the 4th round. Lucas eventually gets the KO.  Win or lose, I want to see Angel Garcia at the post fight conference. This guy is always unplugged.

Smith SD Molina

Want to see Smith defend his title. Don't think it will be easy. Think he barely edges Molina for SD.

Theophane SD Cano

Haven't seen Theophane yet. Not sold on Cano. Thought he beat Paulie Malignaggi and wasn't impressed with his last fight loss with Sugar Shane. I think Theophane may be under TMT, so he may get some home cooking.

• Like 1

Mayweather over Canelo by Unanimous Decision:

I think Canelo will have his moments in the first couple of rounds, then Floyd will adjust and take him to school. If Canelo is smart he'll use his size and attempt to trap Mayweather against the ropes, attacking to the body to neutralize Floyd's superior movement. Attempting it, and doing it are two entirely different things. Plenty of fighters have attempted to stick to a gameplan against Floyd, then they begin to eat a steady diet of perfectly timed straight right hands and it alters their strategy. I think to beat Floyd, Canelo would have be an entirely different fighter than he has shown thus far. Canelo has shown spotty stamina in the past, and has never shown the kind of volume punching necessary to steal rounds from Mayweather. The extra 15-20lbs and Floyd's brittle hands will allow Canelo to see the final bell. I'm thinking Mayweather ultimately wins something like 9 rounds to 3 or 8 to 4.

Matthysse over Garcia by (T)KO rounds 5-7:

This fight is being unfairly built as the boxer (Garcia) vs. the puncher (Matthysse). Each guy is better than that singular description of their talents. Garcia has some decent pop in his hands and Matthysse has become a much better technician over his recent fights. When you look at Garcia, no one part of his game really stands out. He's jack of all trades, master of none. It causes him to be overlooked, but serves him well in adjusting to just about any style of fighter. I can't shake the image of a battered Judah hurting Garcia late in their fight. Matthysse has that kind of rare power that changes a fighters gameplan entirely. Garcia is the better combination puncher, but he leaves himself open to be hit. Leaving yourself open to be hit against Matthysse will lead to trouble. I actually think that if Garcia wins, it will be by (T)KO, but I think Garcia gets dropped and hurt before he gets a chance to wear down Matthysse.

Molina over Smith by SD:

A matchup of two solid veterans of the sport who are better than their record might indicate. Might not be the most exciting fight to watch, but its a decent fight at 154 that will serve to eliminate some logjam. I think Molina is the better fighter, but judges don't like him for whatever reasons. I'll side with Molina based on his work against better opposition.

Theopane over Cano by who cares:

I scored Cano over Malignaggi in a close fight, but he didn't get the nod. Then he was defeated by the rotting corpse of Shane Mosley. The little of Theopane that I have seen, nothing in particular has stood out. Cano's the better puncher, but I think Theopane can keep him at distance and win a decision.

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm watching the countdown show right now. Beiber is one fighter I'm losing more and more respect for. Can.he have his head anymore up Mayweather ass than he has? What kind of fighter goes around calling another fighter his "big brother?" If he want to be considered the best, he should be calling Mayweather out, not kissing his ass.

I got 3-0 Matthysse, 1st round was close, but I think Matthysse controlled the 2nd & 3rd with body shots.

So, SU, what are the chances this is Weidman/Silva revisited?

Edit:  Oh ****, is that Mauro commentating? 

unless floyd got old fast, I doubt it.

and yes, that is mma's own Mauro Ranallo. He came up in major way. He does all the big fights on Showtime now, really does his homework.

Really good 4th round from Garcia, did a great job of recognizing his range and staying in it for the most part. Turning into a good one.

Garcia has a sneaky good defense, catching most of Matthysse's power shots with his gloves.

Edited by StillUnknown