Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

So just for some possibilities/scenarios assuming Broner beats Maidana:

Broner could face Maidana late Oct/early Nov.

1) Broner gets Garcia-Mattysse winner in April (or maybe Cinco de Mayo undercard if Floyd chooses that date for fight 3 of 6)

2) Broner gets Alexander-Khan winner in May/June (assuming the winner isn't penciled in for Floyd's next fight)

3) Judah/Mosely/Ortiz/Guerrero

4) GB and TR kiss & make-up then we get a laundry list of possibilities

5) ????...........

Edited by T-REX1240

Floyd - talks a big game, but backs it up in the ring.

Broner - talks a big game, but not overly impressive in the ring. 

Dude needs to humble himself.  Looks and sounds like a clown.

Mayweather talks and acts like a clown too. But I admit, Broner is a Mayweather wannabee. Edited by DM72

Broner at 23 3 world championships and 27-0 with a awesome KO ratio. He's more offensive then Mayweather, his defense with the shoulder roll is second to Mayweather. Broner's footwork is questionable is the only thing I can say right now. He's accurate as hell almost to mayweathers level. At 23 has accomplished more than Mayweather. Broner will dominate the sport for the next 10 years and take the thrown when Mayweather retires.

His character is out there and gets old at times he's trying to sell himself make his self a attraction. He does a little too much he needs to tone it down some.

Broner at 23 3 world championships and 27-0 with a awesome KO ratio. He's more offensive then Mayweather, his defense with the shoulder roll is second to Mayweather. Broner's footwork is questionable is the only thing I can say right now. He's accurate as hell almost to mayweathers level. At 23 has accomplished more than Mayweather. Broner will dominate the sport for the next 10 years and take the thrown when Mayweather retires.

His character is out there and gets old at times he's trying to sell himself make his self a attraction. He does a little too much he needs to tone it down some.

First, you are seriously overrating Broner's defensive skills. He is not 2nd to Mayweather in the game right now (Rigondeuax is 2nd to Mayweather IMO). His defense is good, but I wouldn't call it great yet.

Second, Broner is nowhere near as accomplished as Mayweather was at 23. At 23, Mayweather's resume had far greater names than Antonio DeMarco & Paulie Malignaggi. Before Mayweather turned 24, he dominated Genaro Hernandez (hall of famer) & Chico Coralles (future hall of famer). 

Back then, there was a greater emphasis on actually defending your belt, Mayweather defended his title 8 times against good competition before moving up. That is a more important accomplishment than Broner skipping harder fights at 140 to take an alphabet belt that nobody gives a damn about from Malignaggi.

Broner is a great talent, but pump the brakes on comparing his resume to Floyds at 23 years old.

Edited by StillUnknown

I forgot just how young Mayweather was there so I stand corrected.

Riggo is good no one really heard of him until he beat Donair who IMO is overrated. I think Broner has better D.

I have been a HUGE rigondeuax fan even before the Donaire fight. Actually, I won a lot of money on that fight. I've always felt Donaire was a little overrated... and he got thoroughly exposed by Rogondeuax.

When it comes to defense, Broner allows far too much punishment to his body. Head movement is great but he still gets hit a lot to even mention him in the same category as Floyd. If I had to pick a second, Rigondeuax would definitely be next on the list. Honestly, I'm not ready to say that Broner even has better defensive abilities than Juan Manuel Marquez so far in his career as yet.

Edited by T-REX1240

People knew of Riggo before he beat Donaire, at least among boxing fans.

Broner's defense isnt Floyd level with defending but I feel he getting harsh shtick considering he moved up 2 weight classes.

He moved up 2 weight classes, but he fought arguably the smallest fighter & definitely lightest puncher (of those who are remotely revelant) in the division.

I'm not saying that he needed to fight the best WW not named Floyd, but there were better challenges for him at 140 & 147 than Malignaggi.

His fights do good numbers though, I read somewhere earlier that he has the 2 highest rated fights on HBO/Showtime this year.

Edited by StillUnknown

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/6/26/4467140/mayweather-vs-canelo-alvarez-feels-he-can-outbox-floyd

"I am very confident and I will be at my best on September 14th," said Alvarez, who will train in Big Bear, CA and could spar with the likes of Shane Mosley. "I'm intelligent and I believe I have the ability to outbox him throughout the fight."

I sincerely hope Canelo is trolling with that statement.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/6/26/4467140/mayweather-vs-canelo-alvarez-feels-he-can-outbox-floyd

"I am very confident and I will be at my best on September 14th," said Alvarez, who will train in Big Bear, CA and could spar with the likes of Shane Mosley. "I'm intelligent and I believe I have the ability to outbox him throughout the fight."

I sincerely hope Canelo is trolling with that statement.

Sounds so rehearsed.

Adrien Broner: "I don't want to have to be the guy to give Mayweather his first loss"

This is only a 3min excerpt from a long interview Broner gave after a sparring session just before the Malignaggi fight. Really don't know if to take him serious or just laugh. The full interview is just as telling.

Gennady Golovkin vs. Matthew Macklin on HBO tonight

Golovkin is one to watch, one of the bigger punchers in boxing. Finally taking a reasonable step up in comp against Macklin. Macklin is good, but he's hittable. If you're hittable against Golovkin, you're probably going to be hurt. Golovkin has some flaws, but I don't think Macklin is the one to expose them.

Edited by StillUnknown

Cuello is about to drop Nelson

Nelson has Paul Williams syndrome. Has the length to be successful at range, but would rather fight inside where he doesn't have to the defense to protect his chin.

Nelson just hugged his way out of that fight.  Cuello would've dropped him in the 10th.  I hate it when matches end like that.

Dangerous fight for anybody between 160-168 not named Andre Ward.

can't imagine how that body shot must've felt

Golovkin is a damn savage, that power is scary. 160 is thin, only an aging Sergio  & Kid Chocolate to deal with, Golovkin could rule for a while.

GGG can beat Quillin and Sergio. Sadly he will have to step up to 68 before he's actually ready. Which could spell trouble. They'll toss him a confidence booster like Kessler or Bute then feed him to the wolves against Ward.

Golovkin stays active which is always a plus to keep his skills sharp and he's only getting better. Since Sergio is rehabbing injuries, I wounder who his next opponent will be. I'll be he fights again this year, probably in the fall.

Edited by T-REX1240