Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All Things Boxing

ACW

I can't see the fight and can't find a streaming site but really want Paulie to shut Broner up tonight. I'm counting on your unbiased play by play to let me know how the fight goes.

Paulie won the first couple of rounds on pure activity, but he hasn't come close to landing anything big. All his shots are going Broner's arms and chest. Broner took over the fight around the 5th round and hasn't really looked back since.

Paulie throwing so many pitty pat punches. If only he had some pop in his punches. Broner walking through just about every punch.

I think if Paulie had more pop, Broner would be a bit more defensively responsible. When you know your man can't hurt you, you can take more chances.

Paulie is tough dude to finish, a prime Cotto beat the **** out of him, but it still went the distance.

If Broner goes to a split decision, thats as damaging as a loss IMO

Paulie's legs looked done when he just barely squeaked by Pablo Cesar Cano (who managed to lose to the corpse of Shane Mosley his last time out). If Broner is who he thinks he is, he should handle Paulie with relative ease. Maybe a couple of close rounds while Broner gets his timing, but I expect Broner to finish him in the mid rounds. Everytime Paulie steps up to fight someone in the upper class, he not only loses, he gets punished.

I'm not expecting it to be very close to be honest.

Guess I had my Crystal Ball with me today

Edited by T-REX1240
  • Like 1

Broner still has a lot of time to mature in & out of the ring. But as far as his skill level, Broner is very talented and seems to have a high boxing IQ. Under the right tutelage, he can become great. I thought Broner looked stronger @47 but the extra weight seems to have negated his offense just a little bit. He didnt seem as light and quick as he normally does. Broner will be a good 147lb fighter soon but I think it just may serve him best to hang around the 140 division for a few fights before steppin up to WW

Broner still has a lot of time to mature in & out of the ring. But as far as his skill level, Broner is very talented and seems to have a high boxing IQ. Under the right tutelage, he can become great. I thought Broner looked stronger @47 but the extra weight seems to have negated his offense just a little bit. He didnt seem as light and quick as he normally does. Broner will be a good 147lb fighter soon but I think it just may serve him best to hang around the 140 division for a few fights before steppin up to WW

Broner won't mature outside of the ring. Dude wants to be Mayweather.

If he stays at 147, Broner should fight Maidana next. It puts Broner in with a legit power puncher, but also somebody who can be outboxed. Each guy would have a realistic path to victory.

Hope he goes to 140 though, better fights to be made in that division.

• Like 1

There were some rumors a little while back that Broner got KO'ed by Errol Spence in sparring. Broner denied it happened. Broner can be hit,so I wouldn't mind seeing him against Maidana. Maidana would hit him, but will get outboxed like he did against Khan. As far as Broner maturing, he's gonna have to have a life changing event to get him to grow up. If it ever happens. Possibly something outside of the ring or a humiliating KO loss. The guy is talented, but still a loser.

There were some rumors a little while back that Broner got KO'ed by Errol Spence in sparring. Broner denied it happened. Broner can be hit,so I wouldn't mind seeing him against Maidana. Maidana would hit him, but will get outboxed like he did against Khan. As far as Broner maturing, he's gonna have to have a life changing event to get him to grow up. If it ever happens. Possibly something outside of the ring or a humiliating KO loss. The guy is talented, but still a loser.

Errol got him with a good shot and knocked him down, not KO'd. Errol is also responsible for Floyd's black eye before his last fight. But yes Broner can definitely be hit. He doesn't take a lot of punishment above the neck but his body is there to bash away. He just needs to learn that you can wear a fighter down a lot faster by making them swing at the air as opposed to blocking all their shots.

I do think Maidana-Broner would be a good fight. But you're right about Maidana being outboxed because that is exctly how the fight will play out. Broner probably should go down to 140 where all the "names" are.

On a side note: I would LOVE to see Broner get the winner Marquez-Bradley!! (Hey, dreaming isn't a crime yet)

Didn't Floyd kick Errol out of the gym for that? When everyone who was said to be there was asked about it, everyone played dumb.

He did but he didn't. After it happened he put him out. Then a few min later he told him he could stay.

Edited by T-REX1240