Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Seahawks message board (merged)

RedskinsFanatic

The rain in Seattle is a myth we like to perpetuate to keep the Californians away. It actually rains more in Washington DC than it does in Seattle (39" to Seattle's 38.6" annual rainfall). As a matter of fact, Seattle isn't even in the top 10 NFL cities! There are 12 other teams that play in wetter climates than Seattle's.

Interesting factoid: Seahawks Stadium, now Qwest Field, was midway through its 4th season before any Seahawks home game experienced any rain at all.

What he dosnt remember is we almost beat them in '05 and they know it. Joe Gibbs has won a playoff game since Mark Rypien... '05 Tampa Bay. Also the reason he rather have 'aints fans there is becuase the Vikings and the Redskins would have the best chance to beat them. He just dosn't want to admit that outloud.

Wanna know something funny?

We lose to Tampa Bay in '99 in the divisional round of the playoffs

We beat Tampa Bay in '05 first round playoffs.

We lose to Seattle in '05 divisional playoffs.

We ___ againts seattle in '07 first round playoffs.

Just saying... We gotta take care of buisness first againts the Cowboys though.

Hail.

Me too. That's why I stuck the qualifier "almost" in there.

Hey everybody, I have been on this board for about three years. Anybody who wishes to can confirm that my posts here can be characterized as intelligent and respectful. On behalf of all intelligent and respectful Seahawk fans, I'd like to apologize for the existence of the idiot that wrote those foul things about Sean Taylor. If you want, you can go to Seahawks.net, search previous posts, and find that most (if not all) of the references to Taylor after his death were of the respectful condolence type.

As for the Seahawks related football discussion, that perhaps might be better left to another thread.

Thanks for the post. I don't want to talk about the Seahawks just yet, we need to get thru Dallas first but clearly your team is playing well.

In case the Seahawks forgot, they lost to the Panthers. They just happen to play in the weakest division in the NFC and possibly the NFL. They are not that great of a team. Shawn Alexander was a great running back, but since they have lost their line and lead blocker, they are not what they used to be. I think that they are a very vulnerable wild card round opponent whoever get them.

Leading up to the 2005 game against the Seahawks, I quickly realized that out of all NFL fans, Seahawks fans could be the least knowledgable, bar none. I think it has to do with isolation. They are all the way up the northwest corner of the country, so far away from everyone else, and all the other football teams. The only reason they even know the Seahawks exist is because they went to the playoffs a couple years back. Seahawks fans just come off, in general, as being really, really dumb.

Leading up to the 2005 game against the Seahawks, I quickly realized that out of all NFL fans, Seahawks fans could be the least knowledgable, bar none. I think it has to do with isolation. They are all the way up the northwest corner of the country, so far away from everyone else, and all the other football teams. The only reason they even know the Seahawks exist is because they went to the playoffs a couple years back. Seahawks fans just come off, in general, as being really, really dumb.

I actually thought they were one of the most knowledgable. They make noise when their team is on defense and they are quiet when they are on offense. They did this back during their Kingdome/Dave Krieg days. When Paul Allen bought the team, it kept them in Seattle. There was talk of them moving before he bought the team. I thought that was a surprise.

Now THIS is a post that's loaded with irony!

Me too. That's why I stuck the qualifier "almost" in there.

Hey everybody, I have been on this board for about three years. Anybody who wishes to can confirm that my posts here can be characterized as intelligent and respectful. On behalf of all intelligent and respectful Seahawk fans, I'd like to apologize for the existence of the idiot that wrote those foul things about Sean Taylor. If you want, you can go to Seahawks.net, search previous posts, and find that most (if not all) of the references to Taylor after his death were of the respectful condolence type.

I know that's not going to take the bitter taste away from what was already written by the aforementioned idiot. Impressions like that stick for long time, and I don't want to be painted with the same broad brush as intemperate idiots. So I want you to know that the vast majority of us are not like that, and I want to point you to a place where you are less likely to encounter such remarks. (If somebody wants to troll for offensive remarks, there are certainly other sites you can go to -- but don't bring them back here as something representative of Seahawk fans. Most of those sites don't have the traffic Seahawks.net does.)

As for the Seahawks related football discussion, that perhaps might be better left to another thread.

BT, you are a valued asset and friend here on Extremeskins and we don't lump you in with that mindless piece of garbage.

Last year before the redskins matchup, a couple of us in the office spent some time over at the seahawks forum on Scout.com. Seeing as how that message board had a forum titled "SmackShack" we limited our childish taunting there and tried to have some non-personal juvenile fun.

While we were keeping things on the sponge-bob level of hostility, the fans there were unusually bitter and antagonistic towards us.

After starting a poll: "Which team is the gayest? I say seahawks." and then posting this picture we found of their superbowl trophy case:

AlphaTrophyCase.jpg

we were immediately banned via our IP address.

There's always going to be some jerk that takes a joke too far (like the comment about sean taylor), but good ribbing...clean or otherwise, is a give-and-take that makes it fun to be a fan.

Seattle can have their 12th man. Fed Ex field has a 91,715th man today.

SBLU, the Smack Shack is loosely moderated, but it is moderated. And one of the rules is that you can't make derogatory remarks about peoples' ethnicity, race, or sexual orientation. I'm guessing that calling the Seahawks the "gayest" team was enough justification in their minds to ban you, although I wouldn't deny the possibility that they were just annoyed with you and perhaps used that as just a pretext.

Note, I don't necessarily agree with that policy, as I have my own opinions about the changing definitions of the word "gay."

Titaw, blriesenbeck07, Monte51Coleman, and others, thanks. I know this is just an internet message board, but I value my reputation nonetheless.

Blue Talon, here you go from the smack shack earlier today:

Posted: Yesterday 9:27 PM

Fuq 21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright. It's been a respectable amount of time after his death. His death was a horrible thing that happens way too often, to too many good people and shouldn't happen to anyone.

But this wasn't a great human being who was taken too young. He was a punk and a thug. His NFL career was highlighted by dirty plays, late hits and spitting on opponents. He was arrested for DWI and Armed Assault. He showed a total lack of respect for the league, the game and the players.

It's disgusting and disenguous to honor such a low life piece of **** with the kind of respect that he gave no one else.

So yeah, deadskin fans, hang your hopes on the emotional lift given your team to win one for that punk azz bi*ch Taylor. May he rest in peace."

Blue Talon, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean Taylor. You watch ESPN and read Sports Illustrated, so you know nothing about a young man who had turned his life around and devoted all of his love an attention to a new daughter and future wife.

Blue Talon, you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to Sean Taylor. You watch ESPN and read Sports Illustrated, so you know nothing about a young man who had turned his life around and devoted all of his love an attention to a new daughter and future wife.

Actually, I don't read SI and I don't watch much ESPN. But neither have I ever said anything about Sean Taylor. Those comments were by others, which I do not condone or agree with, for whatever that's worth.

I am not by nature a smack talker, so I rarely go to places like the smack shack. I prefer my discourse at a higher level (and if I'm going to take a poke or dig at someone, I like it to be a bit more subtle).

I don't think Blue Talon would or has said anything remotely negative about Sean Taylor...He's been a good member of ES from what I've observed for a long time now.

How many super bowl rings do the Seahawks have? Enough said

Exactly. Anyone else notice that the worst trash talkers seem to be from teams that never won anything? Teams that have never won are so bitter, and they lower themselves to name calling, instead of talking intelligently about football. The Vikings fans were horrible two games ago. The Seahawks fan are acting the same way, with a few exceptions like Blue Talon. And the kings of bitterness are our division rival Eagles. Why is this? Are they sick of other teams throwing it in their faces that they never won a SB? There are exceptions of course, we have some good fans from other teams that post here and don't act like that. But in general I've found that fans of teams w/ no rings can't have a good football conversation w/o throwing personal attacks just like what was posted in this thread. Talking about a murdered player is real classy.

Archived