Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Elvis or the Beatles?

borninblood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I've heard it said there are two types of rock fans out there....

Elvis fans, and Beatles fans.....

Which one are you?

If you feel the need to explain why you think one is superior to the other feel free, but all I really want to know is which one you favor...

For me it's the King!

On top of which, I realize that some people thought that Elvis Grbac was a really great quarterback, but the Beatles were one of the most important rock bands in modern music history. A bit apples and oranges, don't you think?

Oh, he meant the musical Elvis? I still don't quite think Elvis Costello and the Beatles are on the same playing field.

Elvis stole songs from black people. The Beatles made their own.

I'm not much into either, but that pretty much nails it. Anyone with the right promoter and good looks could've been Elvis or Sinatra. Only the Beatles could've been the Beatles. Elvis essentially just ripped off Bo Diddley's act, but because it was a white guy doing it, it became daring instead of crazy jungle behavior. Elvis was the 50s version of the Monkees (who, by the way, sold more records while their TV show was on the air then the Beatles and the Stones COMBINED), a marketable commodity who lived off the songwriting and playing talent of others.

I'm not much into either, but that pretty much nails it. Anyone with the right promoter and good looks could've been Elvis or Sinatra. Only the Beatles could've been the Beatles. Elvis essentially just ripped off Bo Diddley's act, but because it was a white guy doing it, it became daring instead of crazy jungle behavior. Elvis was the 50s version of the Monkees (who, by the way, sold more records while their TV show was on the air then the Beatles and the Stones COMBINED), a marketable commodity who lived off the songwriting and playing talent of others.
This drives me nuts. Elvis didn't "steal" anything. Every artist back in the day was playing each others music. Chuck took from Elvis and visa versa. Elvis is one of the main reasons for the fall of racial barriers and the credit he recieves is being called a thief. He became so popular for his showmanship and I dn't think he was all that great at writing music, but he did what he did and changed the world in a way the Beatles never could have. Does anybody have a song he stole or are you just passing n more missed info? The closest you'll get is lonesome train, that was writen by Little Juniour, but Elvis changed the song and turned it into a positive tune. That's as clse as you'll get. Rockabilly changed the world and Elvis was the man out front. Some of the greatest music ever came out of the little shack know as Sun Records and IMO, it's been down hill ever since.

They were inspired by Elvis, but also more so inspired by the likes of Muddy Waters, who was the first person they wanted to meet when they landed in America.

Elvis was definitely great in his own right, but there was a whole bunch of other artists from that time period that are often overlooked due to "Elvis" love.

I grew up listening to both as my mom is a HUGE Elvis fan and liked the Beatles when she was in HS/College.

But if I had to pick between the 2.. I'd go with THE KING! Elvis was the man. He was the original Rock and Roll pimp. He had the first "MTV crib" he had the first "Pimp My Ride"

Archived