Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

As close as a playoff berth is.....does it feel it was a season of mised oppurtunies?

NoCalMike

I look back at our season up to this point, and I look at what the Redskins as a team have seemed to learn over the course of the last month of the season, which is that no lead is ever safe.

This is a lesson I had hoped would have been already learned, but it really costs us a chance to have wrapped up a playoff spot a few weeks ago.

Besides the Patriots game, it really seems that the Redskins would play their best football against the better teams in the league, even though they lost to the Giants/Dallas/Green Bay, the way we played in those game, you would have never thought we would lose to teams like the Bills & Tampa Bay.

We have one more game to go, and it is going to be the biggest roller coaster of emotions we as fans will go through this entire season.....In 2005 we cliched against Philly, just imagine doing it against Dallas.....

Go Redskins!!!

I understand what you're saying, but I think there's a positive to all the missed opportunities as well.

Not to get too far ahead of ourselves, but should we beat Dallas next week, we'll go into the playoffs having had a chance to win verse the number 1, 2, and 4 seeds (Dallas, Green Bay, and Tampa Bay) on their homefield no less. If we can some how find a way to get into the playoffs, that gives me a lot of hope that maybe we can make a run. We're certainly capable of beating any team in the NFC on any given day, even on their homefield.

Everyone seems to be praising Gibbs lately. Three weeks ago some 60% of the fanbase was calling for his head. What have we learned?

Simple - Todd Collins has saved Gibbs ass.

It would be a huge mistake to reinsert Campbell as the starter when he heals in two weeks. Collins is 3-0 and has an average QB rating of 108.6, which is counting the windy game in NY last week's (56.4 rating). The redskins would benefit the most keeping collins the starter, and Campbell would benefit more as well, learning from the master.

I couldn't care less about the past. I think it was meant to be the way it is. If we get in the playoffs, it just doesn't matter. We had too tough of a schedule. We certainly lost a few that we should have won, but it would have given us one home playoff game in all likelihood. I don't think it matters at this point. Beat Dallas, and we've got as much of a chance as any team in the NFC to go to the Dance.

HTTR

i agree. erase the 3 game ending endzone intercpetions JC had and this team is easily 10-5 right now. then again, if the past had been changed as such the present would be different, thus JC wouldn't have injured himself and our possible current streak might have never happened.

wow too confusing....

yea, missed opportunites :)

Did you watch the Packers game today? I did, my wife is a huge Pack fan. They have lost 3 games. Two to the Bears and one to the Cowboys. Each was a missed opportunity for home field.

That is how it is. If we make the playoffs, we make the playoffs. Does how it happened really matter?

See your point, but we won a few nailbiters too - and got some breaks along the way.

If Rackers makes that FG in the Cardinals game, Arizona's sitting in that last playoff spot, and not us.

I'll take it though. This has been an amazing piece of coaching down the stretch here, and the team is playing its best football. Thank you, Todd Collins and Coach Gibbs!

I look back at our season up to this point, and I look at what the Redskins as a team have seemed to learn over the course of the last month of the season, which is that no lead is ever safe.

This is a lesson I had hoped would have been already learned, but it really costs us a chance to have wrapped up a playoff spot a few weeks ago.

Besides the Patriots game, it really seems that the Redskins would play their best football against the better teams in the league, even though they lost to the Giants/Dallas/Green Bay, the way we played in those game, you would have never thought we would lose to teams like the Bills & Tampa Bay.

We have one more game to go, and it is going to be the biggest roller coaster of emotions we as fans will go through this entire season.....In 2005 we cliched against Philly, just imagine doing it against Dallas.....

Go Redskins!!!

I thought the same way earlier, but I'm just relieved to even be in this position after all that we've gone through as fans and as a team. This is amazing stuff right here. :cheers:

Of course this is a season of missed opportunities, every loss we've had we blew, excluding the Patriots game. BUT NONE OF THAT MATTERS IF WE BEAT DALLAS.

All that matters is the present, and there should be no thinking about past games from anybody. Persistence. This season is so reminiscent of two years ago and coming back from 5-6 to make the playoffs. LETS DO THIS REDSKINS!

:helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet: :logo: :helmet:

Everyone seems to be praising Gibbs lately. Three weeks ago some 60% of the fanbase was calling for his head. What have we learned?

Simple - Todd Collins has saved Gibbs ass.

It would be a huge mistake to reinsert Campbell as the starter when he heals in two weeks. Collins is 3-0 and has an average QB rating of 108.6' date=' which is counting the windy game in NY last week's (56.4 rating). The redskins would benefit the most keeping collins the starter, and Campbell would benefit more as well, learning from the master.[/quote']

And also, next year, Campbell is going to have to perform atleast to the level that Collins is doing right now. Or there may be a problem because this organazation isn't known for it's patience.

i'd like to think that we're learning how to win. :)

make no mistake; a culture of losing is extremely difficult to overcome. when gibbs I left, we fell into a culture of losing. we're still there...somewhat; with our snatching defeat from the jaws of victory and such.

we've, sorry, gibbs II has developed a team of character, toughness and accountability. notice i didn't mention talent...lol. for a long time we always boasted the most talented team on the field with nothing to show for it. well, we're still more talented than most, but we're slowly putting that talent on the same page.

it's often painful to watch, but for you historians...this period in b&g history will be known as the "wakeup"

After Collins came in and performed well against the Bears I posted that we were going to look back at 2006 as the missed opportunity. True, it would've been hard to deny Brunell the starting position after he had a mainly solid 2005. However, Gibbs obviously felt dissatisfied enough with the way the offense was performing at the tail end of that season to bring in Al Saunders. Yet, he stuck with a QB that may have been a significant amount of the problem as well. To be sure, the defense had an off-year in '06, but an anemic offense under Brunell was the main thing which sunk us last season when we slogged to a 3-6 start.

The way these guys have kept fighting after all the BS...all the blown leads, the crazy turnovers at Tampa, not to mention losing Sean...it's amazing. I don't know if another coach could have kept their team together ike this.

Speaks volumes about Gibbs, but also the character of this team. I'm impressed.

Unfortunately, the manner in which we have lost most of our games (all but one) is a Redskins thing.
yea, cause we are the only team to blow leads. :rolleyes:

Talk to another football fan. I talk to cowboy fans who thiink they are the biggest chokers this season. I talk to eagle fans who think the same.

Everybody considers their team a choker.

I don't think I can look at our season that way...for this team to do what they have done after all the adversity is amazing.....If we get in I will be extremely proud...Christmas will be very enjoyable knowing that we are playing our best football of the season and that we can clinch...not by depending on someone else, but controlling it ourselves.

Archived