Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor on the front of Madden 09

DirtySkin21

Although this is a nice gesture, I don't think it would be a good idea (of course, EA Sports would never do that - and I have to agree).

As a marketing person with my own company, the number 1 reason why they should not do that is because of the way he died (robbery gone wrong, gunshot, murder, etc.), it would be too painful a reminder if you had to see him on the cover everywhere.

There are a multitude of other reasons, but this is the primary reason I'm sure that the EA Sports people are thinking about.

those pofits can always be donated. and darrent williams wasn't one of the best players in the league. i agree neither is more important but we are talking about a football game

The magnitude of ST's skills should not make his death any more important than Darrent Williams. I doubt the robbers thought "Lets kill Taylor because he's good."

• 1 month later...
While a tribute would be cool (throw him in as an unlockable player or something), having him on the cover yet not as a character on a roster in the game could be weird.

the tribute would be really nice, he was def my fav defensive player. but now that im reading some other posts, it doesnt seem completely morally right to do that. an unlockable player would be a nice feature. at least that way, you still recognize him as highly important and one of the best

Can we please stop making suggestions like this? The NFL and the Redskins have done their jobs with tributes. Now it's time for each individual person to move on and honor him in their own way.

Please stop asking others to honor him for us.

I'd really like to see a tribute to taylor someho on the upcoming madden. I think it'd be nice if they gave him the cover. HE was OBVIOUSLY becoming a dominating force and was only gettin better..

GOOD IDEA!

It would break the Madden Curse coz he's already dead.

Archived