Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Art Mills File

RememberOsaka

The article has a funny premise, but it needs a bigger gotcha moment. Art's goof or comeupence was a let down. If you're going to wait two years to catch someone, find something bigger or better. Everyone knows that Art makes tons of mistakes all the time. Big mistakes. Huge mistakes. Especially, when he used to post in the Tailgate on politics.

In the Stadium, I still remember him saying that Ramsey was a more accurate and athletic quarterback than Steve Young. No one could convince him otherwise either.

For years, he’s used both roles to attack any member of the mainstream media who didn’t write that the ownership and coaching and personnel and grounds crew and stadium and parking attendants and catering service were the best in the NFL.

or ES members? :(

ouch I think...a drama bomb from DH

3. Die Hard Says:

Dec. 8, 2007, at 12:00 am

Here is the greatest irony Dave. Every single time you write about Arthur Mills (and you’ve done so repeatedly in the past few years), all you do is perpetuate the problem.

Having known Art since 1999 (The Redskins TSN board)… and bringing him aboard as an ExtremeSkins moderator following it’s inception… Art is exactly what people have created him. He craves attention, drama, confrontation and celebrity.

I don’t begrudge Art for what he is… how can I? He isn’t even responsible for it. People give in willingly.

I remember when Art was nothing more than an anonymous moderator on a private, self-made website.

But the story was never the Redskins, the fans, the community, the people who sacrificed and labored for something they believed in, for the greater good - a feel good story.

Nope, the story has always been about Art Mills.

Bravo Dave.

Wow. I had no clue there were those kinds of feelings. Very "Days of Our Lives-esque."

I don't think Tony is saying anything out of the ordinary or wrong. It is reasonably remarkable how much attention the media pays. The difference between Dave and I is he reads my work and we only see his when someone links it here. Must be frustrating for him.

ouch I think...a drama bomb from DH

3. Die Hard Says:

Dec. 8, 2007, at 12:00 am

Here is the greatest irony Dave. Every single time you write about Arthur Mills (and you’ve done so repeatedly in the past few years), all you do is perpetuate the problem.

Having known Art since 1999 (The Redskins TSN board)… and bringing him aboard as an ExtremeSkins moderator following it’s inception… Art is exactly what people have created him. He craves attention, drama, confrontation and celebrity.

I don’t begrudge Art for what he is… how can I? He isn’t even responsible for it. People give in willingly.

I remember when Art was nothing more than an anonymous moderator on a private, self-made website.

But the story was never the Redskins, the fans, the community, the people who sacrificed and labored for something they believed in, for the greater good - a feel good story.

Nope, the story has always been about Art Mills.

Bravo Dave.

After seeing a number of Die Hard's posts and thoughts, I get the feeling that he's disgruntled about everything this site has become.

I don't see anything wrong with DH's post.

If he doesnt like the direction, he doesn't like the direction. That said, I don't think there was anything dramatic about Art there at all. He pointed out McKenna's stories are about Art moreso than the team, the fans, etc.

I don't see that as an attack or drama of any sort other than calling McKenna a fraud without outright saying it.

After seeing a number of Die Hard's posts and thoughts, I get the feeling that he's disgruntled about everything this site has become.

What's been lost here more than anything else is the site's sense of humor. We always had our knuckleheads and debbie downers. We always had our blind optimists and shushers. But what we used to be able to do a lot more back in the day was laugh together or share a silly thought. Now a days, the tone is so serious and dark for the most part. Everything is frequently so dark and dramatic.

And it's certainly not about the 'skins and their winning or losing. We managed to laugh during Spurrier, or during Marty's 0-5 disaster. Maybe it's that we're so big that we don't know each other.

or maybe we're just too intimidated by Art to dare a joke.

You know, I hate to say it, but it's a priviledge to be able to post here, not a right.

Is everything the staff doing correct? Probably not. But YOU'RE making the choice to stay here, for whatever reason.

Complaining won't fix it. It is the way it is.

I'm not saying it's wrong to have gripes, but if there's anything I've learned in my short life, complaining doesn't solve problems.

Holding a guy who's a glorified poster (sorry Art) to the same standard as a paid journalist is obviously off-base. Art has a history in sports journalism, but he's not a sports journalist here. Whatever occasional comments he makes in a 'fan blog' are subject to the editing of the redskin's web staff.

I think there is a salient point in Mckenna's attack, in that back in the day, when Art was in full-blown Nunyo assault mode, he ripped him for even the most minor, trivial of errors. Some of them were about as significant as the one he's getting nailed here for. The difference being, he's an internet poster, not a writer. Thats just a fact.

Pretty silly stuff, and picking that particular piece of writing to try and spark a dead pissing contest reeks of insensitivity. As for this site being about any one guy? Some might think it is, but give me a break, lots of people, hundreds of key members, made this site what it is (whether you like what it is or not). Art, nor anyone else (save maybe Die Hard himself, or Blade in the early days) can really take any credit for it. That it even comes up as an issue is pretty sad.

7 letters. Maybe your frontal lobe (I mean 'brain') just ain't big enough :)

wow theres a loss of 100 for being negative when getting a compliment.

i meant big as in not common. not big as in how many letters.

did you know that the longest word you can type with just your left hand from home row is stewardesses?

hows that for a big brain sucka? ;)

wow theres a loss of 100 for being negative when getting a compliment.

i meant big as in not common. not big as in how many letters.

did you know that the longest word you can type with just your left hand from home row is stewardesses?

hows that for a big brain sucka? ;)

Mmmm. I like stewardesses. I think we found some common ground :)

Archived