Paloffs is Now: 2007(merged)

RenegadeTK

• 2 weeks later...
i would just like to say, we are 2-0 since i started this thread

:cheers:

UPDATED PLAYOFF PICTURE (after Week 15)

PlayoffPicture.jpg

Don't you just love that line....

"The stars could be starting to align for a team many are cheering for"...

For the memory of #21, let it be true!!!

First thing's first. We need to beat Minnesota in order to make it to the playoffs, no win against Minnesota, no playoffs.

Scenario #1: We win out. Everything goes perfectly.

We still need help to make it though. Best possible scenario is we win out and everone else (NYG, MIN, NO and CAR) loses out. In that scenario we actually make the #5 seed in the playoffs. We hold the tie breaker against NYG in this instance due to common opponents.

Scenario #2: We win out. Everything not so perfect.

Like I said we need help. We own the tie breaker against MIN due to our victory. CAR becomes a non contender, being 1 game behind. For the sake of argument, say NYG wins at least 1 of 2. The real trouble comes if NO wins out also. If NO wins out, they will be 8-4 in the NFC and we would be 7-5, NO would own the tie breaker. We need NO to lose even if we win out, unless NYG loses out and then the two wild cards would be NO and WAS.

Scenario #3: The ugly way.

Now the dicey situation, say we beat MIN but lose to DAL. Here are some possible situations. Even if MIN wins its last game against DEN, we still own the tie breaker against them. NYG automatically wins the #5 seed due to record. NO gets in if they win out (let's hope not), so once again WE NEED NEW ORLEANS TO LOSE. So say NO wins 1 of 2 as do we. As i said in #2 NO owns the conference record tie breaker so we don't make it this year. If we only manage 1 win of the last 2 we would need NO to lose BOTH (against PHI and CHI).

In summation:

Things will be exponentially easier if we win out. I'm hoping for NYG to lose out and then we are in no matter what (as long as we win out). If NYG does not lose out, than we need at least 1 loss out of NO. Even if we lose 1 game of the remaining 2 we could be in, but we would need NO to lose both of their remaining games. If we lose this week we are out. WE NEED TO WIN THIS WEEK! WE NEED TO WIN NEXT WEEK! WE NEED THE GIANTS TO LOSE BOTH OF THEIR LAST GAMES! WE NEED NEW ORLEANS TO LOSE AT LEAST 1!

That's the bottom line.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

Scenario #3: The ugly way.

Now the dicey situation, say we beat MIN but lose to DAL. Here are some possible situations. Even if MIN wins its last game against DEN, we still own the tie breaker against them. NYG automatically wins the #5 seed due to record. NO gets in if they win out (let's hope not), so once again WE NEED NEW ORLEANS TO LOSE. So say NO wins 1 of 2 as do we. As i said in #2 NO owns the conference record tie breaker so we don't make it this year. If we only manage 1 win of the last 2 we would need NO to lose BOTH (against PHI and CHI).

We wouldn't own the tie-breaker over Minnesota if we beat them and lose to Dallas and they win their last game. They would be 9-7 and we'd be 8-8. The only way we can make the playoffs at 8-8 is if both the Vikings and Saints lose out. Basically, we need to gain a game on both of them. Each team has 2 games left so we to win more game than both of them.

there are a million threads already about this. Read before you start a thread.

My bad, I thought I might be the first person to think we actually have a chance at making the playoffs this season and wanted to explain all of the possibilities. Oh well... We need to win out, and I think we have a better chance of Payton's little retarded brother screwing his team over again than hoping the Saints lose at least one.

Ok - I'm not 100% sure how this would work....

So if We beat the Vikings we go to the same record as them... So if we win our last game against Dallas the best MV can achieve is the same record as us overall. So surley we would win the tiebreaker over them to get into the second wildcard spot?

The only other team that can challenge is the Saints if I am correct. Now what happens if NO and us both finish on 9-7? Do we go through because we have the tougher schedule? I am really not too sure how all this works when it comes down to it.

Basically my question is if we win our last 2 does that give us a playoff spot 100%?? By my maths it kinda of does but I'm not sure.

If New York lose to the Bills then I am even more confussed....

Thanks in advance.

It's my understanding that we have to win out and NO has to lose one game. I'm not sure of all the logistics of why; but that's the scenario as I understand it. I also believe we hold the tiebreaker with NYG should we win out and they lose there last two games.

If we win our last two games, it doesn't guarantee a playoff berth. NO has a better conference record than we do, so we need them to lose and for us to win out.

I believe if the Giants lose the last two games, and we win out as well, that also might get us into the playoffs, but I'm not 100% sure of that possibility.

OK Thanks for clearing that up. Madden said on Sunday if NY lose against the Bills and Pats and we win out we would go through. Can someone please confirm who NO have in their last 2 games?

I think The Bills at home/Tampa away/NY York at home etc is going to hurt us big time :(

Although NO we be playing earlier on Sunday we could go in to the MV game knowing that 2 wins will see us through, I am correct on this statement I think?

OK Thanks for clearing that up. Madden said on Sunday if NY lose against the Bills and Pats and we win out we would go through. Can someone please confirm who NO have in their last 2 games?

I think The Bills at home/Tampa away/NY York at home etc is going to hurt us big time :(

Although NO we be playing earlier on Sunday we could go in to the MV game knowing that 2 wins will see us through, I am correct on this statement I think?

New Orleans Plays: Philadelphia in N.O. and Chicago in Chicago

NY Giants play: Bills in Buffalo and Patriots at home

N.Orleans conference record is 6-4

Redskins is 5-5

They must lose no matter what, but if they lose Sunday, we are in if we win out.

We have to win out and NO has to lose just one game OR we have to win out and the Giants have to lose out.

If we win out,the saints win out and the giants lose out, which tie breaker would be in effect to put us over the gnats?

We would have the same overall record,divsion record, and conference record.