Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How about Heyer?

ClemsSC7Skinfan

I think this should be Heyer's job from here on out. Provided he keeps playing at a high level. He is playing great for a rookie. Hopefully he will only get better. I feel bad for Jansen, he is a great teammate, but I think it may be time for him to step aside.

I hope Jansen will take a pay cut and stay on the team as a superb backup. It sucks that he can't stay healthy anymore. He has had some tough breaks (no pun intended).

He played better than great against the Giants, just look at what he did to Umenyore (sp?) This week, he was great again, held his hown and no penalties in that dome.

You mean Strahan. But still, he played great, and strahan's no push over. Heyer said that he and Strahan were jawing back and forth the whole game. It's crazy, when Strahan was 30 Heyer was only 17. Heyer's got a bright future ahead of him! Hopefully we don't lose him like we lost Dockery.

Heyer = More proof that we're not as bad at finding young talent as people would like to think.

Three Cheers for the young man! I read an article about him during training camp .. very humble guy. The kind of guy you really like to root for.

~Bang

Heyer's been great from the word go. Period. He didn't struggle in the preseason. He played great. He hasn't struggled in the regular season. He isn't as good as Kampman who blew he and Wade up, but that happens. Heyer is a true GREAT find for us right now. We've gotten very fortunate he's played above his prospect rating this year.

The Terps are taking over!

Heyer has all the tools to be a solid, plus OL in the NFL. His knee injury as a jr really prevented him from being 100% as a senior. Because of this, we went from a 3rd or 4th rd pick, to a UFA.

It happens, and Heyer isn't the type of guy to sulk and bemoan his past difficulties. If anything, its helped him get where he is right now; a NFL Rookie starter.

The Terps are taking over!

Heyer has all the tools to be a solid, plus OL in the NFL. His knee injury as a jr really prevented him from being 100% as a senior. Because of this, we went from a 3rd or 4th rd pick, to a UFA.

It happens, and Heyer isn't the type of guy to sulk and bemoan his past difficulties. If anything, its helped him get where he is right now; a NFL Rookie starter.

Agreed. I'm just happy he is playing for his home team and that he is playing real solid and didn't mess up his chance as starter by playing hard every down. Not only did he rep the terps but now the skins! Hell yeah!!!:helmet: :cheers:

I feel any lineman coming back after injury now is not going to just be handed their job back. They will have to fight for it now. That is great.

Agreed.

I also think Lorenzo Alexander is another future OL (OG to be exact), especially given that we have a lot less young depth there than on the DL.

Buges struck out with Molinaro and the other one (name always escaped me), but he's made up for it with these two.

Awhile back, one this site's originals, had some harsh words about Joe Bugel, and his perceived failure to field any adequate, young back-up OL guys.

Considering the adversity the OL has had to overcome, to see this team put up 32 points, and provide Collins with the protection he had tonight, you have to tip your hat to Joe Bugel.

Stephon Heyer's play punctuates the incredible job Buges has put forth this year..:2cents:

well said! Definitely could use a few more young studs on both lines that we don't have to rush into the starting lineup. Buges has a lot do with his success thus far!

As for Heyer....I said before and I'll say it again---we got the better of the two Terps linemen. Everyone thought the Ravens did better with whatchamacallit(lol), but Heyer has definitely been a rock on the right side.

As a Terps fan, I can tell you, without reservation, that Stephan Heyer would have been a first team AA if not for a season ending knee injury his junior year - he was not 100% for his senior season which is why he flew under the radar - he is a tremendous, humble young man, with an incredible work ethic and passion for success. He worked TIRELESSLY to get back on the field and never once bemoaned his circumstances. The Skins got a real Gem when they picked him up - I expect continued great things from him. It's wonderful that he's playing for the Skins.

As for Jared Gaither - he has all the physical gifts and tools in the world, but he's still raw - he only needs more experience and discipline and he will be a great talent - he's three full years in terms of development behind Heyer so we're really talking apples and oranges between the two - he's also got the misfortune right now of being in a bad situation in Baltimore with the long losing streak, coaching controversy, etc., regardless - as a Terp fan, I'm pulling for both to be successful in their professional careers.

Archived