Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What makes you cringe or uncomfortable when you see it in a movie?

Spaceman Spiff

A big one for me is people getting wounded/killed in realistic war movies.

Examples:

Saving Private Ryan

Mellish getting stabbed by his own bayonet

The airborne troops getting shot by the 30MM cannon while swarming over the tank in the street.

Band of Brothers

When a soldier was dreaming that his buddy was German and bayonetted him in the foxhole.

Also, when I watched Amazign Grace the other night, they described the condition that slaves traveled in on ship from Africa. I felt like I wanted to throw up.

I have to add anything involving death by woodchipper as well.

Broken bones or being crushed. Anyone who gets physically trapped. Also, when they put tape over their mouths and nose. I always think about what I would do in any of those situations if it were me. When they tape your nose and mouth up, how can you breath. Plus, if they only tape the mouth up and you have a cold, you're screwed. Suffocating from your own head cold.

Broken bones or being crushed. Anyone who gets physically trapped. Also, when they put tape over their mouths and nose. I always think about what I would do in any of those situations if it were me. When they tape your nose and mouth up, how can you breath. Plus, if they only tape the mouth up and you have a cold, you're screwed. Suffocating from your own head cold.
You wouldn't like being a Firefighter.

During training, they made me stay in the burn building after my air ran out and couldn't take off my mask.

The bell started ringing

Me: "I'm going outside."

Instructor: "No your not. You still have air."

Waiting....bell begins to slow down and stop...

Me: "Umm, I'm almost out"

Instructor: "you'll be alright"

Bell stops and mask begins sucking to my face as I try to breath but get no air.

Me: "Screw you. I'm out of here."

That was one of the most panicky moments of my life.

anything that involves solid human waste or internal organs.

I gag everytime I see or hear feces/vomit on screen. Think the hardware store sceen in Jackass. Thank God for DVD "next scene" search button.

In fact, I hate going into public washrooms and hearing other people's butt symphony when they are trying to push one out. Makes me gag everytime.

You wouldn't like being a Firefighter.

During training, they made me stay in the burn building after my air ran out and couldn't take off my mask.

The bell started ringing

Me: "I'm going outside."

Instructor: "No your not. You still have air."

Waiting....bell begins to slow down and stop...

Me: "Umm, I'm almost out"

Instructor: "you'll be alright"

Bell stops and mask begins sucking to my face as I try to breath but get no air.

Me: "Screw you. I'm out of here."

That was one of the most panicky moments of my life.

I had to do a C-Pap test in June to see if I was a candidate. I'm not overweight, but I snore. It was so the insurance company would pay for my surgery I had in September to correct my deviated septum and to have an upper palate reduction. When they first put the mask on, I felt like I was gasping for air until he told me to close my mouth. Told my doctor, no way in hell I'm wearing that at night.

My doctor said if the insurance wouldn't pay, he'd give me a Medicare rate (about $600 for the surgery), but they paid 100%. I breathe alot better now, but I felt like I could not breathe with that mask on. Sucked the air right out of me.

Anytime an animal dies. "AW, they're not gonna kill the dog are they?!!?"
When I saw "American Gangster," (I don't want to spoil anything so I'll be as vague as possible for those who still haven't seen it), right after the scene involving the pet dog and his dog house, this guy to my right stands up and yells "**** YOU!!!!" to the screen and storms out. That actually made me more uncomfortable than anything else.

For me, I'd say:

- Needles, or Heroin usage (Requiem's a great example, that whole movie really made me cringe, or when the main girl character gets pushed into the needle pit in Saw 2, good Lord I almost fainted)

- Any injury involving soft flesh or organs, like the eyes, or genitals, or the webbing between fingers/toes (like Jackass, when Steve-O gives himself papercuts everywhere)

- Rape makes me pretty squeamish

The stuff in the movie itself doesn't make me uncomfortable. It's the people around me.

For example, when I first watched the Titanic and Kate Winslet got naked, I was kind of embarassed because I was with my dad, my brother, my dad's friend, and my dad's friend's family.

I have a few to add in addition to the many good examples already provided (i.e. American History X).

When the creepy-crawly things crawled into the ears of the guys from Wrath of Khan. Also, in El Laberinto del fauno (Pan's Labyrinth), when that guy got hit in the face with the bottle over and over. And over. And over. That was way too much for me. And in a movie called Ôdishon, a guy gets his leg sawed off. Eep! That one left way too much to the imagination.

In general, any time a person gets hit, especially in the face, when they're unprotected, that tends to bother me. I'm not talking about someone being tied up and punched in the face. That doesn't bother me for some reason. But, like... in UFC, when a fighter gets knocked out but he's still kind of wobbling on his feet - and then he gets another kill shot to the head? Yeah, that just really bothers me and makes me agitated.

In response to the comment about Julia Roberts, I would counter with Renée Zellweger! Eew! :) She makes me cringe every time. I can't even look at her anymore. :P

When somebody like Focker in Meet the Parents get's into some situation that is so far beyond absurd and stupid. I have to turn it off. I feel dumber or something.

"I got nipples greg, can you milk me?" :doh:

You literally have to turn it off??? May I ask why?

For me, it's anything with the teeth. Some parts in "Hostel" totally had me cringing and the worst was "American History X".

Archived