Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Cried After the Game

kiddhan625

Didnt Tony Romo sits to pee Cry last year after the playoff lost to Seattle when He screwed up the hold for the FG?

He sure did - I also have that one picture where he is on the field holding his helmet posted in my office with the tag line of: "How Serious Are You Computer Problems."

Peopole who come to my office with computer problems get a chuckle out of it. Except for them Cowpukes fan - I am not sure why???:D

Campbell has every reason to cry. He failed us when we needed him most. Good QBs don't do that. Campbell did it 2 games in a row. And in green bay. When he was the team's last resort, and we absolutely needed him to make plays, he didn't deliver. He did deliver in the giants game, he did bring us back at the very end, but bad coaching ****ed it up. Although he did throw a bad pass to sellars coming out of the flat when Gibbs decided to pass out of his jumbo package. But still, he marched us down to the 1 yard line so I'll give him credit for that. But in Green Bay, in our home against Philly and in this game against Dallas, when he was our last resort, our last chance to steal the win in the closing seconds, he failed the team. I'm glad that he can recognize this. In fact, I'm proud of him for it. :applause:

Campbell's pick did not cost us the game. Campbell missing Moss by inches in the endzone may have cost us the game. Campbell missing a wide-open Cooley may have cost us the game. Cooley diving and dropping a catchable ball over the middle may have cost us the game. Rocky not completing one of the most fantastic interceptions I've ever seen may have cost us the game. But most importantly, Gibbs going for a 50 YARD FIELD GOAL ON FOURTH AND A NOSE HAIR may have cost us the game.

Campbell is still young, and still a little wild on some throws. He will come around...he better. A franchise QB hits that pass to Moss to win the game.

The defense letting TO score 4 TDs...I think that had more to do with costing us a game then anythnig that happened on Offense...

I am not going to pile on Campbell for the interception, it is an acceptable part of his learning curve. I am not going to sugarcoat it either, it cost the Redskins the game. Big deal, all QBs lose games for their team all the time, its inevitable, its their percentages that bear them out. At this early point in Campbells career & learning curve I don't see a point in dwelling on it. He errored in throwing it when he should have ran it, the preferrable way to error, easy to improve upon.

But no crying. Composure and grace under pressure is the name of the game for QBs. If Campbell doesn't have it, he needs to acquire it.

i cry after every game too

I've cried after 3 games so far this season: Giants, Eagles #2, and last night. But I wasn't bitter or anything, just exhausted and a little disappointed. Now, after the second Eagles game, that was bitter. It felt more like a betrayal than a simple loss. :mad:

Jason had an incredible game yesterday. He almost led us back for a win. The offense played well for pretty much the entire game. The guy feels like he lost the game but in reality, I don't think he lost the game. If a few more players on defense made plays and on offense for that matter, the game would have turned out differently. It sounds like Jason will have a chip on his shoulder this week so hopefully he will really light up the scoreboard on Sunday! I really hope JC is here for a long time.

Campbell has every reason to cry. He failed us when we needed him most. Good QBs don't do that. Campbell did it 2 games in a row. And in green bay. When he was the team's last resort, and we absolutely needed him to make plays, he didn't deliver. He did deliver in the giants game, he did bring us back at the very end, but bad coaching ****ed it up. Although he did throw a bad pass to sellars coming out of the flat when Gibbs decided to pass out of his jumbo package. But still, he marched us down to the 1 yard line so I'll give him credit for that. But in Green Bay, in our home against Philly and in this game against Dallas, when he was our last resort, our last chance to steal the win in the closing seconds, he failed the team. I'm glad that he can recognize this. In fact, I'm proud of him for it. :applause:

Yeah it's his fault that TO scored 4 TDs. Sorry, he never should have been put in the situation. JC did everything he could to get us the win. Too bad we let TO have the best game against us...ever. :doh:

Didnt see this when I posted but I would love to see you out on the field with 70,000 people screaming at you to screw up in the last two minutes of a divisional game in a stadium you have never played in before. Then again, I guess if you were in that situation you would have been perfect. JC made one mistake and you are going to hold it against him and saying he lost the game for us? HE did not lose the game for us. HE got the offense in position to put points on the board. The defense let the other team score more than us. Jason knows he screwed up and has every right to be upset but criticizing him for making a mistake and making it seem like he is a little baby for crying is just plain pathetic.

I am not going to pile on Campbell for the interception, it is an acceptable part of his learning curve. I am not going to sugarcoat it either, it cost the Redskins the game. Big deal, all QBs lose games for their team all the time, its inevitable, its their percentages that bear them out. At this early point in Campbells career & learning curve I don't see a point in dwelling on it. He errored in throwing it when he should have ran it, the preferrable way to error, easy to improve upon.

But no crying. Composure and grace under pressure is the name of the game for QBs. If Campbell doesn't have it, he needs to acquire it.

What are you talking about??

Crying after a tough game doesn't mean your weak or lack "grace under pressure" !! When you've worked so hard and played so well in a game only to come up short like that it hurts. As a fan when the Redskins lose I am down all day. That doesnt mean I cant keep my composure, it simply means I truly love the Washington Redskins. Cambell probably felt he let his team down because he could see EVERYONE on the team fighting to the nail and the deciding mistake came from him. Shouldering the burden is what real competitors do, i'm glad Cambell is man enough to cry after a gut wrenching loss like that. He earned the respect of alot of people.

A big complaint on this website as of late is it seems that none of the players care like the fans. You are right, some dont. That isnt the case with Campbell. This is why you want to root for the guy. He's as nice as they come and gives his all to this team, city and fanbase. He wants to win badly and puts alot on himself. Thats who you want leading this team into the future. The fact that he took this loss much like the fans makes me respect him even more.

He carried this team yesterday, so I can understand why he'd be real upset about it, but man, what else can you ask for from a QB? We didn't stack up on paper period, and almost won a game in their house. If anything, Cowboy fans should be taking a serious look at their healthy squad, not the other way around.

Our defense was banged up, and only gave up fluke plays. Personally, I get more bummed out when the opposing offense sets up extended drives that wear the D out.

I had some serious questions about whether or not Campbell would be our franchise QB before that game, now I don't even hesitate to say that he is the real deal. HAIL!

:dallasuck

So the crying happened in the locker room in front of players and coaches only. And if one of his teammates hadn't blabbed about it, we wouldn't even have this thread. Jason apparently holds himself to an extremely high standard and is unwilling to give himself any kind of leeway for his relative inexperience. For my money, that's the attitude I want in a starting QB. Wasn't his fault that the defense couldn't stop the Pukes' passing game. Give him a little more time and he'll win these close ones.

By the way, if Sean Taylor plays, TO doesn't catch at least one of those TDs. And any he did catch, he would have paid for.

So the crying happened in the locker room in front of players and coaches only. And if one of his teammates hadn't blabbed about it, we wouldn't even have this thread. Jason apparently holds himself to an extremely high standard and is unwilling to give himself any kind of leeway for his relative inexperience. For my money, that's the attitude I want in a starting QB. Wasn't his fault that the defense couldn't stop the Pukes' passing game. Give him a little more time and he'll win these close ones.

By the way, if Sean Taylor plays, TO doesn't catch at least one of those TDs. And any he did catch, he would have paid for.

Agreed, 100%.

Archived