Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Cried After the Game

kiddhan625

According to the locker room interviews today Chris Samuels was asked how did JC handle the loss. His answer, "We saw him crying in the locker room." JC has nothing to cry about. He played and oustanding game and will bounce back from his mistakes. Although it really shows he does care about his performance and this team!

On the one hand, it's a good thing that he cares so deeply.

On the other ... there's no crying in football.

Om you and others might want to read this on crying has nothing to do with football:

Scientists have discovered that the emotional tears contain higher levels of manganese and the hormone prolactin, and this contributes in a reduction of both of these in the body; thus helping to keep depression away. Many people have found that crying actually calms them after being upset, and this is in part due to the chemicals and hormones that are released in the tears.

http://www.gibbsmagazine.com/CryinLaughing.htm

This was Dallas vs. Redskins. Jason knows he only has a HOF coach for a limited amount of time, this was an opportunity to make a huge step in preserving that. This was the most important game of his professional career. And he knows he could have made plays that sealed the deal. That said, there is virtually nothing that points the finger at this loss being his fault. Pick your head up Jason, see you in 6 days. :)

Campbell made one mistake - unfortunatley it cost them the game but he played great otherwise.

Campbell's pick did not cost us the game. Campbell missing Moss by inches in the endzone may have cost us the game. Campbell missing a wide-open Cooley may have cost us the game. Cooley diving and dropping a catchable ball over the middle may have cost us the game. Rocky not completing one of the most fantastic interceptions I've ever seen may have cost us the game. But most importantly, Gibbs going for a 50 YARD FIELD GOAL ON FOURTH AND A NOSE HAIR may have cost us the game.

Campbell is still young, and still a little wild on some throws. He will come around...he better. A franchise QB hits that pass to Moss to win the game.

Om you and others might want to read this on crying has nothing to do with football:

Scientists have discovered that the emotional tears contain higher levels of manganese and the hormone prolactin, and this contributes in a reduction of both of these in the body; thus helping to keep depression away. Many people have found that crying actually calms them after being upset, and this is in part due to the chemicals and hormones that are released in the tears.

http://www.gibbsmagazine.com/CryinLaughing.htm

Well, yeah. I was just riffing on a bad movie, bro. :)

Oh well I like the emotion he's showing.

He's the one who stayed behind and worked so hard in the offseason to improve his game and anytime we lose he takes the blame and puts it on his shoulders.

Jason Campbell is showing us that he's here to win and he's willing to work as hard as he has to to accomplish that.

I can't picture JC crying...he's always so relaxed on the field.

Cooooooooley throwing his helmet after that drop was also a bit of a surprise. Definitely a lot of intensity coming from the players yesterday. I just hope it's present against a much less talented and more beaten-up Bucs team.

Campbell's pick did not cost us the game. Campbell missing Moss by inches in the endzone may have cost us the game. Campbell missing a wide-open Cooley may have cost us the game. Cooley diving and dropping a catchable ball over the middle may have cost us the game. Rocky not completing one of the most fantastic interceptions I've ever seen may have cost us the game. But most importantly, Gibbs going for a 50 YARD FIELD GOAL ON FOURTH AND A NOSE HAIR may have cost us the game.

Campbell is still young, and still a little wild on some throws. He will come around...he better. A franchise QB hits that pass to Moss to win the game.

Allot of bonehead plays contributed but his mistake ultimately ended the game. Better?

I have NO problem with it if JC shed a few tears after the game.

If he did it EVERY week, then yeah, that would be weird.

But, take it from someone who was in the Stadium yesterday-- that place was an emotional frenzy. Incredible atmosphere-- it was the first time in a long time I really felt "the rivalry."

The Redskins played as hard as a football team can possibly play-- and JC was the major reason we hung in there. He made a terrible decision when we had a chance to win and I am sure he feels like he let his team down after they all fought so hard.

Honestly, I was driving home by myself last night, and my the main emotion I felt was probably similar to JC. I didn't cry, but I wasn't too far away either. Not because you are mad or even upset. This game was a classic. Everyone I know (non Skins or Boys fans) is emailing me today saying how much they enjoyed watching that game. And when you come up on the losing end of a classic, it really hurts.

In this loss, JC may very well have made it official:

After 15 years of searching, the Washington Redskins finally have found their QB.

Archived