Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would You Sign Asante Samuel?

method man

I think the next thing we need to spend money on is Taylor. Nobody is sacred of our secondary when Taylor isnt out there. After that, if we can land Samuel, we do what it takes. After that, we spend whatever free agent money we can, and have left, and any that our number cruncher who works then cap always seems to magically pull out, and we get whatever reciever Arizona lets go of (Fitzgerald more then likely). If i have to choose, i say we spend first on Fitzgerald, and draft O-linemen and Corners again.

We have always bought over priced band-aid's. Champ left and we got a Springs coming off an injury. Smoot left and ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Kenny Wright, Walt Harris, (Who sucked when he was here, lets be real) and singing back, back up is Ade "burnt toast" Jimoh.

We have always tried the "poor mans version" of "so and so" at QB for years, and the only quality QB's we had (a young Trent Green, Brad Johnson, and a servicable Gus Forgot) we got rid of.

I hope we go after Asante Samuel if we can. We need a quality replacement, but more importantly and upgrade for when Springs leaves.

After all that, we draft big ol Offensive and Defensive linemen.... and maybe a Corner.

Let me preface this by saying I am not usually a fan of signing big-name FAs. However, I do believe you spend big bucks only for QBs, DEs, LTs, and CBs.

Asante Samuel is going to be FA after this year and will not be franchise-tagged after he accepted it this year (the Pats promised they wouldn't do it again). Thus, he will come with no strings attached.

He is probably going to get Nate Clements money (8 years 80 mil with a huge SB).

I feel he is certainly worth it. He is a top 3 corner right now and is right behind Champ and Nnamdi Asomugha. I know hte history of former Pats sucking in other systems, but Asante just seems to have those instincts like when to jump routes and such that will make him elite in any system. Something we really need is a playmaker at CB and Asante is a proven pick-machine.

With Springs gone next season and uncertainy about how Rogers is going to return from his injury, I think making Asante the one big-name signing is a smart move. We need a no. 1 corner and a gimpy Rogers and past-his-prime Smoot do not cut it.

Would much rather resign Taylor!!! What do you guys think will happen with Springs? I say keep Springs and draft a DB to eventually replace Springs.

Either way, I would definitely give the money to Taylor as opposed to Samuels!

HTTR!!! :point2sky

There is no way the Skins should get Asante Samuel. His price tag is going to be rediculuos. The Skins could get D Hall for almost half the price and D Hall is a few years younger. D Hall would flourish with this defense. Sean Taylor is going nowhere. He will be resigned when needed. I think some of you are forgetting that he originally signed a 6 or 7 year deal.

Asante Samuel will wind up costing way too much, and we need the $$$ to shore up other areas. Upgrading the DL and LBs will make our current group of CBs a little better. If we have to jettison Sprngs, I suspect we'll find someone as a passable replacement, whose signing wouldn't break our bank.

Sooo, ...who are the Jets' Corners?

I'd certainly want him on my team,but samuels will be the leagues highest paid corner. if we want even a shot at extending sean taylors contract this offseason or the year after he'd be a no-no on the FA list

and anyone that wants Samuel>Taylor needs to be cat-perma-banned-1.gif

Let me preface this by saying I am not usually a fan of signing big-name FAs. However, I do believe you spend big bucks only for QBs, DEs, LTs, and CBs.

Asante Samuel is going to be FA after this year and will not be franchise-tagged after he accepted it this year (the Pats promised they wouldn't do it again). Thus, he will come with no strings attached.

He is probably going to get Nate Clements money (8 years 80 mil with a huge SB).

I feel he is certainly worth it. He is a top 3 corner right now and is right behind Champ and Nnamdi Asomugha. I know hte history of former Pats sucking in other systems, but Asante just seems to have those instincts like when to jump routes and such that will make him elite in any system. Something we really need is a playmaker at CB and Asante is a proven pick-machine.

With Springs gone next season and uncertainy about how Rogers is going to return from his injury, I think making Asante the one big-name signing is a smart move. We need a no. 1 corner and a gimpy Rogers and past-his-prime Smoot do not cut it.

Who cares? How come all the 19 year olds out there think that you stop a passing game by getting cornerbacks from teams with pass rushers? Do you just not get it? You are getting results oriented DB's from teams with a pass rush. What happens when they come to a team with ZERO pass rush? Okay, let me school you....and let you in on a little secret.

NO PASS RUSH....3rd down completions.

Nobody...not Deion Sanders....not Darrel Green...and not Champ Bailiey can cover on the Redskins because quarterbacks get 5 to 7 seconds to throw the football. We have ZERO pass rush.

If this team ever hopes to have a defense ranked in the top 10, we will need to start doing what N.E. Dallas The Giants...Green Bay...and Indy have done.....DRAFT DEFENSIVE LINEMEN ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE DRAFT....NOT DB's.

Who cares? How come all the 19 year olds out there think that you stop a passing game by getting cornerbacks from teams with pass rushers? Do you just not get it? You are getting results oriented DB's from teams with a pass rush. What happens when they come to a team with ZERO pass rush? Okay, let me school you....and let you in on a little secret.

NO PASS RUSH....3rd down completions.

Nobody...not Deion Sanders....not Darrel Green...and not Champ Bailiey can cover on the Redskins because quarterbacks get 5 to 7 seconds to throw the football. We have ZERO pass rush.

If this team ever hopes to have a defense ranked in the top 10, we will need to start doing what N.E. Dallas The Giants...Green Bay...and Indy have done.....DRAFT DEFENSIVE LINEMEN ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE DRAFT....NOT DB's.

HEY WAIT ONE MINUTE, According to our Defensive Lord and Savior Greg Williams it's his scheme! :laugh: :D So since he now has reinvented the Cover 2, you know the one that allows coverage breakdowns because he is too stupid to realize to run a Cover 2 defense you need a rush, his SUPER SMART Scheme will work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So all HOF CB's listed above would work in GW's scheme.......:notworthy

At 3:39AM that was my attempt at sarcasm.......It seems to me that GW needs to get with todays NFL and get a Dwight Freeney type or something! I am still shocked this hasn't been addressed by these SUPER SMART coaches of ours. Hell we haven't had a pass rush since Dexter Manley and Charles Mann, well Daryl Gardner and LaVar Arrington provided good pressure that one year but of course they were let go :doh:

You know maybe Gibbs needs to go and get some footage of Ritchie Pettibones defenses and make Greg Williams and Greg Blanche watch that, that was pressure, Manley from 1 side, Mann from the other and Butz coming up the middle :cheers: Oh well one can hope that ONEDAY soon someone will smack the BEJESUS out of Williams and wake him up. I surely would love to meet him 1 on 1 so I ask him WTF is his problem, I know about pressure and football and that scheme crap he throws to the people that don't know anything I am not the one, explain to me how in going on 4 fricking years as the DC you haven't been smart enough to get AT THE VERY LEAST 1 PASS RUSHER, here you have a owner that will pay and your too fricking arrogant and stupid to make use of that........:doh:

I'd certainly want him on my team,but samuels will be the leagues highest paid corner. if we want even a shot at extending sean taylors contract this offseason or the year after he'd be a no-no on the FA list

and anyone that wants Samuel>Taylor needs to be cat-perma-banned-1.gif

Sean Taylor's contract will be good for three more years...

Asante Samuel would make our defense better... period... we had Leigh Torrence covering Randy Moss at the goaline. Even with no pass rush, Asante Samuel would make our Defense better...

:2cents:

HEY WAIT ONE MINUTE, According to our Defensive Lord and Savior Greg Williams it's his scheme! :laugh: :D So since he now has reinvented the Cover 2, you know the one that allows coverage breakdowns because he is too stupid to realize to run a Cover 2 defense you need a rush, his SUPER SMART Scheme will work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So all HOF CB's listed above would work in GW's scheme.......:notworthy

At 3:39AM that was my attempt at sarcasm.......It seems to me that GW needs to get with todays NFL and get a Dwight Freeney type or something! I am still shocked this hasn't been addressed by these SUPER SMART coaches of ours. Hell we haven't had a pass rush since Dexter Manley and Charles Mann, well Daryl Gardner and LaVar Arrington provided good pressure that one year but of course they were let go :doh:

You know maybe Gibbs needs to go and get some footage of Ritchie Pettibones defenses and make Greg Williams and Greg Blanche watch that, that was pressure, Manley from 1 side, Mann from the other and Butz coming up the middle :cheers: Oh well one can hope that ONEDAY soon someone will smack the BEJESUS out of Williams and wake him up. I surely would love to meet him 1 on 1 so I ask him WTF is his problem, I know about pressure and football and that scheme crap he throws to the people that don't know anything I am not the one, explain to me how in going on 4 fricking years as the DC you haven't been smart enough to get AT THE VERY LEAST 1 PASS RUSHER, here you have a owner that will pay and your too fricking arrogant and stupid to make use of that........:doh:

His idea of a pass rush would be hiring Bruce Smith out of retirement for a record contract... we need someone in their prime or getting into their prime with a good 4-5 years at least of effectiveness....

not a big name... a big time player!!

Archived