Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell just not getting it done (Mega-merged)

FanSinceSonnyJ

:doh: Some people are just plain clueless you would think that we were the Dolphins, The Rams or some one like that. You just can't please people win or lose as long as this team is winning who cares what it looks like. A win is a win and after that beatdown we received from the Patriots we needed a win.

A win like this can boast confidence the way our O-Line overpowered the Jets now they are going to have the attitude hey, maybe we can do this against everybody we play.

Here's a nice stat for the Campbell haters: record as starter -- 5-3. Projected stats for season: 10-6.

Terrible isn't it?

Dont get too down - it was only his 15th start.

Tom Brady was already wearing his Super Bowl ring by his 15th start, on an 11-5 team that no one expected to win the big game.

Ben Roethlisberger was in the AFC Championship Game by his 15th start, with a team that was 6-10 the previous year.

Tony Romo sits to pee was 11-4 by his 15th start.

I know those aren't necessarily fair comparisons, but I'm getting sick of seeing Campbell overthrow people.

How do you get a QB to get better? Have him throw the ball more than they are letting him.

Do you think they are giving him enough passing plays to develop? I sure dont. Might as well have Mark out there with what they are doing.

They are not giving him the control a 1st year starter should have. I get upset to see 2nd game starters get more control than Jason.

Dont tell him its his team and then handcuff him. Sort of like bringing in a OC to call the plays then handcuff him as well.

Same thing Moose Johnston and other folks are saying about JC. Of course, there are some on this board, with their wealth of experience in the NFL, that disagree. :silly:

Tom Brady was already wearing his Super Bowl ring by his 15th start, on an 11-5 team that no one expected to win the big game.

Ben Roethlisberger was in the AFC Championship Game by his 15th start, with a team that was 6-10 the previous year.

Tony Romo sits to pee was 11-4 by his 15th start.

I know those aren't necessarily fair comparisons, but I'm getting sick of seeing Campbell overthrow people.

He's overthrown three. How about the other pinpoint accurate throws he has made or that have been dropped with great coverage on the receiver?

Your comparisons to the other QBs are off. Brady was given the reins to do what he wanted with the team, and so too was Roth (especially so since he was their first round pick. It didn't hurt that he also had a great o-line, a solid running game, and premiere defense to back him up). Romo sits to pee had four years of NFL experience and also given a whole lot of independence to roam. Remember, that when Romo sits to pee got that indepedence, he did well in the beginning and tanked horribly in the end of last year. That's what you get when you let a new QB free, but Romo sits to pee looks all the better for that now. That's what Gibbs should figure out, but he's got a much different philosophy about it all. In order to see improvement, you've got to take a chance -- and expect -- with getting disastrous results. Otherwise, your QB stalls.

Sorry guys, I can't get too excited over a win over arguably the worst AFC team. The fact that we once again let a lowly opponent take us into OT is alarming to say the least.

More concerning is the play of Jason Campbell. He has had 1 good game this season. The Jets' D is one of the worst in the league yet his passing numbers were once again mediocre. Another off target long pass and few if any medium pass completions. Those who love Jason can't blame the O line this week. Jason Campbell is a first round pick. Yes it takes time to develop a QB, but it would be nice to see some sort of signs of improvement. To date, we have not. The Jets QB, Clemens, playing for only his 2nd start outplayed Jason. Let's hope Campbell starts earning his money as I'd hate to waste 2-3 years as him as a starter and once again start from scratch.

Anyway, it's great to be 5-3, even if we're an ugly 5-3!

excellent post. could not have said it better myself!

excellent post. could not have said it better myself!

Well, you certainly could have. There are so many flaws in that post, I'm not sure where to begin. You can begin, however, by pointing out that Campbell's had at least two good games, the best one being the GB game and not the Detroit game. You can also look to the vast disparity in circumstances between Clemens and Campbell right now, a point I've made previously.

Another year after this one? After this year he will have had 1 1/2 seasons starting. So far, no improvement. If he doesn't make large strides the last 8 games, we have to look to upgrade the position. 17 years of "give it time" has worn out its welcome.

Yes, you are right... In the past we have made mistakes by grooming our own players, and letting them grow in the system. THIS TIME, we should hurry up, throw our guys out like trash because they arent in the probowl in their first season starting, and then we should go after some veteran qb who is going to be "a great upgrade" for a few drafts picks and big signing bonus.

Seriously, are you really this dumb that you want to promote re-doing all the mistakes we've made in the last 10 years, or do you just hate being smart?

Yes, you are right... In the past we have made mistakes by grooming our own players, and letting them grow in the system. THIS TIME, we should hurry up, throw our guys out like trash because they arent in the probowl in their first season starting, and then we should go after some veteran qb who is going to be "a great upgrade" for a few drafts picks and big signing bonus.

Seriously, are you really this dumb that you want to promote re-doing all the mistakes we've made in the last 10 years, or do you just hate being smart?

We should cut Santana Moss also. Hell, he's a one year wonder and has also had 1.5 years of subpar performance.

Next up: Clinton Portis. Lucky he had that 196 yard performance last week since he'd be on the chopping block next. Of course, there's always Ladell "Bust" Betts . . . sign a lucrative contract and now this . . .

Not everyone can be a Big Ben or Romo sits to pee and light the world on fire right away. It takes time for 95% of the good or great qb's to put it together. Take HOFer Troy Aikman, who tortured the Redskins for years. How happy would you have been if Dallass looked at his 9 TDs vs 18 INTs, 53% completion his first year, said he doesn't have it, and cut bait?

But wait! JC has gotten to ride the bench for 2 years. That counts for something right? Wrong. Aikman had 11 tds vs 18 ints his second year (57% complete), and 11 tds vs 10 ints his third (65% complete). He had a good year in that third year, then really exploded in the 4th. And that's starting all 3 years.

The point is, this discussion isn't worth having until the end of next year AT THE VERY EARLIEST. Anyone who thinks they've seen enough to make a decision either way at this point doesn't have a clue. In 2 years he could be in the pro-bowl, or he could be out of football, and none of us know. Quit your whining, enjoy the winning record, and hope for the future.

We should cut Santana Moss also. Hell, he's a one year wonder and has also had 1.5 years of subpar performance.

Next up: Clinton Portis. Lucky he had that 196 yard performance last week since he'd be on the chopping block next. Of course, there's always Ladell "Bust" Betts . . . sign a lucrative contract and now this . . .

I agree. Cooley could have caught more balls yesterday than he did and he just got a contract too... obviously a big mistake. And don't get me started on Samuels, I didn't see him pancake anyone all day and I think the DE pushed him back once a little bit. Cut his ass too. I'm sure there is someone better at every single position in the NFL for us to go pick up.

BTW, did anyone see Rocky McIntosh not have ten sacks yesterday? God he sucks too. Cut him.

I know its only Landry's 8th game, but how many interceptions does he have? BUST.

You know who else sucks... Rabach... he's not very good at snapping. Blocking he's ok at, but some of his shotgun passes were a little too hard. Trade him.

Here's a nice stat for the Campbell haters: record as starter -- 5-3. Projected stats for season: 10-6.

Terrible isn't it?

Sure is :silly: .. I just wonder what people really expecting here people tend to forget that Jason is still young and really learning the game. It would help him a great deal if his receivers can hold on to the ball and that our O-Line can open holes for our backs that will help this kid a great deal. If receivers run the right routes and catch some passes it will help his stats a great deal.

Sure is :silly: .. I just wonder what people really expecting here people tend to forget that Jason is still young and really learning the game. It would help him a great deal if his receivers can hold on to the ball and that our O-Line can open holes for our backs that will help this kid a great deal. If receivers run the right routes and catch some passes it will help his stats a great deal.

That's his fault too. And I can't believe that no one's holding him accountable for Leon Washington taking the opening kickoff to the house.

JC was with the team a year and a half before he saw action.

Now into his 3rd year and 15th start, the "he's still young and learning" bit is getting a bit tired.

I think if you were to look at the quality starters in this league... it was readily apparant what they were after this amount of time.

Rothy

Romo sits to pee

Brady

Palmer

Manning

Manning

McNabb

Young

etc.

A very good point being ignored by most of the posters in this thread. Our receivers are bottom 1/3 in the league. We have no true #1, and a collection of castaways at #3. Running game severely hurt by the injuries to the O line, and defenses don't have much to worry about there either. Remember the good old days, when our running game was so dangerous people had to have 8 in the box all the time, or else be gashed to death by us? When you don't have a running game that instills fear into everyone, and you don't have a wr that needs to be double-covered every play, it makes it pretty tough on a rookie qb. All things considered, JC is playing quite nicely.

That's his fault too. And I can't believe that no one's holding him accountable for Leon Washington taking the opening kickoff to the house.

I fully blame Jason Campbell for not drugging Leon Washington's gatorade with sleeping pills before the game.

Hey, good one... what I meant by that was I don't expect him to a probowler his first year starting.

BTW, your posts calling me not supersmart and "moron" are what are not excellent. And you know it.

Exacly, I am simply mocking you dude. Excellent observation. This is a forum, type what you mean, not something similar, k? Won't waste anymore keystrokes on you as you're kinda odd.

Different people have some pretty positive points, glad they have been brought out. Anything from the Aikman tidbit to the angle on Clemmens/Jets position. I think we as fans need to take a deep breath and a step back and realize it isn't perfect. Our coaching staff has its obvious issues but we luckily have a LOT of young talent here...

Lets all hope they can overcome the playcalling this week vs Philly!!!! Im off to sleep!! P.S. Hopefully I will be lucky by a miracle and make it back to the states for the game!!!

A very good point being ignored by most of the posters in this thread. Our receivers are bottom 1/3 in the league. We have no true #1, and a collection of castaways at #3. Running game severely hurt by the injuries to the O line, and defenses don't have much to worry about there either. Remember the good old days, when our running game was so dangerous people had to have 8 in the box all the time, or else be gashed to death by us? When you don't have a running game that instills fear into everyone, and you don't have a wr that needs to be double-covered every play, it makes it pretty tough on a rookie qb. All things considered, JC is playing quite nicely.

Well, why doesnt JC get some stilts for his receivers? And why doesn't he block better. I mean, we've been waiting too long for him to not be able to fix everything wrong with this team. JEEZ

And before anyone gets their panties in a wad, let me be clear that I am cheering for JC to get better. I think he's got a ton of potential and we've seen a few tantalizing flashes.

But JC is nowhere close to being a quality starter in this league. And those of you blaming the coaching staff are probably the same people who were saying Patrick Ramsey would be a hall of famer with proper coaching :doh:

You guys seriously over-estimate the impact coaches have on the game. Unless of course you guys are ready to induct Wade Phillips into the HOF? Let me know.

At some point, players have to go out and execute. When they don't do this, people blame coaches, not players. Strange. I'd like to work for some of you, that's for sure.

Archived