Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell just not getting it done (Mega-merged)

FanSinceSonnyJ

The guy doesn't seem to be playing very well right now. It doesn't mean he sucks, it doesn't mean the team was stupid for picking him, it doesn't mean that we should start Collins.....it just means he should be playing better. This league is littered with guys who suck at the QB position so I hope JC won't be among them.

Since you're SUPER SMART, who would YOU have in there at QB?

When I call out a player I usually back it up with an alternative plan. You just seem to enjoy calling Jason Campbell "Dumb and Slow." Hardly an articulate analysis coming from the genius that is you.

I'm not pretending to be smart. I just know for a fact by watching JC, that he's not our future QB. He stinks and you know it...

There is a circular argument that no one here but the coaches can answer.

Is Jason Campbell being limited by the play-calling?

Or is the playing calling being limited because Jason Campbell's play is so poor that the coaches cannot open up the play-calling and still win?

Actually, I think this is precisely the issue: people on message boards want easy, yes-or-no, black and white answers. The mere notion that our "offensive" problems could be multi-faced and "circular" is too much to handle, so it's either "fire the coaches" or "Campbell sucks."

The truth of the matters is that the coaches are partly to blame for being too conservative at times, and that Campbell's accuracy has limited the offense.

Oh well; I guess that doesn’t satisfy this type of black-and-white, I’m right and you’re wrong kind of Interweb "discussion."

I do?

The overwhelming and unquestioned evidence suggests that he is, in fact, our QB of the future. While this is something you clearly don't know, you should at least work on accepting it.

Work on accepting that our team will s_ _k for years to come and then realizing that we wasted our time with JC, I don't think so. Have fun watching this debacle

They went in with a gameplan. That gameplan worked. They win the game.

Next...

Worked huh???

I guess you think Portis can rush 36 times for 196 yards against how many others teams???

How about one team... the 1-8 Jets. Who almost came back to win b/c the offensive failed to hold on to the ball because they ran 9 straight times and failed to convert.

New gameplan please!

Actually, I think this is precisely the issue: people on message boards want easy, yes-or-no, black and white answers. The mere notion that our "offensive" problems could be multi-faced and "circular" is too much to handle, so it's either "fire the coaches" or "Campbell sucks."

The truth of the matters is that the coaches are partly to blame for being too conservative at times, and that Campbell's accuracy has limited the offense.

Oh well; I guess that doesn’t satisfy this type of black-and-white, I’m right and you’re wrong kind of Interweb "discussion."

Well, yes. You can throw in the future tense as well. Will JC develop more consistency throwing the ball and the ability to consistently and quickly read the blitz and react correctly.

The coaches need to put JC in better situations and let him develop. The coaches also need to see a QB that can be put in better situations and handle them.

A healthy Oline with a running game would help both the coaches and JC.

Work on accepting that our team will s_ _k for years to come and then realizing that we wasted our time with JC, I don't think so. Have fun watching this debacle

Since all logic and reasoning has been thrown out the window, I have to ask:

Did Jason Campbell steal your girlfriend or something? It has to be something like this, otherwise your clear and present hatred of him lacks any and all reason.

OK, humor us and list all the teams he'd be riding the bench with, then list all the teams he'd be starting for. go ahead:

Because He won't bother to try I will and I will base it on performance historically and current year

Definite Riding the bench

Dallas

NYG

Green Bay

New Orleans

Seattle

New England

Pitt

Cinci

Indy

Riding because of performance this year and historically

Philly (moreso historical here...imo Campbell is playing better)

Tampa Garcia has been excellent this year

San Diego

Cleveland (Anderson has been better ytd)

Tenn (more because of investment they have in Young)

At this point of the season Campbell would be starting in

SF

Ariz

St. Louis

Atl

Car

Chicago

Min

Det

Miami

NYJ

Buff

Oak

KC

Den

Bal (maybe...)

Houston (cause Schaub is injured)

Jax

17 teams he would be starting for, in my opinion...14 riding the bench....

Hardly most

Since all logic and reasoning has been thrown out the window, I have to ask:

Did Jason Campbell steal your girlfriend or something? It has to be something like this, otherwise your clear and present hatred of him lacks any and all reason.

Now you're really being stupid. Get a life buddy. I will visit you when the season ends rookie.

I call it as I see it. He's dumb and slow. We have a QB that has the lowest score ever on the wonderlic test. JC is a waste of time. We need "real" player personnel that will actually work and study players that will succeed. These idiots just watch highlight reels b/c they know they're a getting a check from Danny boy so why work. Just like all of our bust, they were superstars till Danny boy paid them. The whole team s_ _ks and you know it. Just wait and see, you'll cry at end of this season....LMAO.

Really, Ray?

Pop Quiz: What did JC score on his Wonderlic at the Combines?

Why is everyone so quick to judge this kid. He has already helped us tie our amount of wins for last season. Why dont we let the kid finisish a full season before we grab our torch and pitchforks. He Is a good Mobile quarterback, which is something we lacked in prior years with brunell. He has a hell of a canon for an arm, and once he fixes his accuracy problem, we will be ok.

Just out of curiousity, can anyone tell me payton mannings stats the first year he started? Look at him now.

Give jason some time. We are getting back on track.

HTTR! :logo:

What kind of Quarterback do some of you people want? There aren't that many elite Quarterbacks available. Campbell completed a crucial 3rd down in overtime to Cooley to keep the drive alive. How about we give him a full season before people pull out the electric chair. The man is 6'5", playing with receivers the size of cabbage patch kids!

Bingo. My points exactly. The coaching staff needs to improve and so does Campbell. It doesn't help that the right side of our o-line is missing two starters, though hopefully one will be coming back in four weeks.

I second this emotion. Your QB is the team. The team goes as the QB goes or at least the offensive does. Our QB always has the same response.."well, you know...we just gonna look at the film and get back to the practice field and we have to correct some mistakes"...etc, etc blah blah blah.

Don't hold anyone accountable Jason, not even yourself. This is starting to sound like the Mark Brunell school of screwups.

So, if that's the case, the team is 5-3, halfway to a 10-6 season, which should be good enough for the playoffs.

Thanks for proving our point.

What kind of Quarterback do some of you people want? There aren't that many elite Quarterbacks available. Campbell completed a crucial 3rd down in overtime to Cooley to keep the drive alive. How about we give him a full season before people pull out the electric chair. The man is 6'5", playing with receivers the size of cabbage patch kids!

I completely agree and LOL about the cabbage patch kids.

do we have a smurfs part II in the making?

Jason Campbell makes Patrick Ramsey look like Tom Brady. He is that bad. At this point, I would rather take Tarvaris Jackson over Jason Campbell. He just can't throw the ball. His release is slow as hell, he is never comfortable in the pocket, and his deep ball is extremely, extremely inaccurate. His much talked about "poise" is non-existent. An undrafted QB by the name of Tony Romo sits to pee is outplaying our first rounder.

IMHO, we need to go for Derek Anderson. This guy is going to be something special. In all honesty, it's better not to get a QB in the first round, as many of them turn out to be major busts. Carr, Alex Smith, Patrick Ramsey, and, yes, Jason Campbell to name a few. It's better to get a QB in the 6th round and develop him. Hell, even an undrafted QB if he shows potential.

Jason Campbell makes Patrick Ramsey look like Tom Brady. He is that bad. At this point, I would rather take Tarvaris Jackson over Jason Campbell. He just can't throw the ball. His release is slow as hell, he is never comfortable in the pocket, and his deep ball is extremely, extremely inaccurate. His much talked about "poise" is non-existent. An undrafted QB by the name of Tony Romo sits to pee is outplaying our first rounder.

IMHO, we need to go for Derek Anderson. This guy is going to be something special. In all honesty, it's better not to get a QB in the first round, as many of them turn out to be major busts. Carr, Alex Smith, Patrick Ramsey, and, yes, Jason Campbell to name a few. It's better to get a QB in the 6th round and develop him. Hell, even an undrafted QB if he shows potential.

OMG. Is this Mrs. Brunell?

Yeah, Tarvaris Jackson has won how many NFC Offensive Players of the Week?

Archived