Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell just not getting it done (Mega-merged)

FanSinceSonnyJ

not only do I not agree with ya, but I think you started another useless thread when you could have put this in one of the other Campbell hating threads...
Derek Anderson is another example of a young guy who had the good fortune of a coaching staff who showed patience and stayed with him over multiple seasons.........which is exactly what you DON'T want to do with Jason Campbell.

Thr Browns even had Charlie Frye ahead of Anderson for the past two years on their depth chart. Charlie Frye!!! Derek's now hitting his stride because that's what QB's do when they hit their mid-late 20's. Not every QB is a Ben Roethlisberger in this league.

The idea of this thread is ludicrous.

Please explain to me guys;why exactly is this thread useless? How is this a "Campbell hating thread" and even the idea of this thread is "ludicrous"?

Is it because the thread didn't agree or go along with how you see things? Well, I don't agree with everything that the original poster said either. But, the thread made for great discussion. There are obviously a lot of people who agree with how you feel and a lot of people who agree with how the OP feels. That constitutes the makings of a great thread IMO.

Well, the coaches dialed up that deep post to Santana Moss. Guess it was their fault that Campbell overthrew Moss on a sure TD (again).

Guess that throw behind Moss's back earlier in the game that would've been a first down was the coaches fault too.

It's too easy to just blame the coaches. They are part of the problem; Campbell's accuracy is just as much a part of the problem.

Coaches also called all those plays vs Green Bay where WR dropped passes (2 td's dropped by Lloyd and Moss)

Serious question, not trying to troll

Has anyone seen the "it" factor in Jason Campbell yet? You know, like a game winning drive that shows a QB has the ability to lead his team to victory?

Eli did it against the Cowboys the last week of the season his rookie year. Against Denver the next. Against the Cowboys this year (didn't get a win but you knew he could if the game was on the line).

Anyone see that in Campbell yet? The "it" factor that some QBs have and some QBs don't?

No. Hence, the reason for my post. Mediocre performance with no signs he's improving. Not ready to say he's a bust yet, but the fat lady is behind the curtain getting ready to start singing.

No. Hence, the reason for my post. Mediocre performance with no signs he's improving. Not ready to say he's a bust yet, but the fat lady is behind the curtain getting ready to start singing.

2 OT game-winning drives mean nothing???

all im saying is JC is a smart, poised, physically gifted football player. he is young and has a lot of room for improvement, but i dont think he has done ANYTHING to warrant anyone jumping ship with him

It was not a great day for young Jason I admit.

However, after going back and forth on various "Cambell Sucks" threads for weeks now, I know I am not going to change anyone's mind.

I think he will be pretty good. You don't. Evidence is scant at this stage of his career, and the supporting cast he has to play with, and two rational people may very well look at it differently anyway.

So. How about we give him to the end of the season, and then look back and try to identify growth, lack there of, and potential improvement. Till then just cheer for the team. It's not like there is some young hot-shot waiting in the wings.

Oh, I will continue to cheer him and the rest of the team on. Been doing that for 40 years now. I'm just calling it like I see it at the present time. He's just shown us mediocre performance to date.

Oh, I will continue to cheer him and the rest of the team on. Been doing that for 40 years now. I'm just calling it like I see it at the present time. He's just shown us mediocre performance to date.

That wouldn't include the Detroit game when he won the NFC's Offensive Player of the Week and the GB game when he had a better day overall than that game.

But that's not exactly improvement, is it?

I think I can live with you not being excited about our win over the Jest. Everything is not what it seems.

On Comcast just now Al Saunders again discussed Moss' soft tissue injuries and how he hopes he will be healthy soon watch the reairing at 10 pm if you missed it.

Here's a nice stat for the Campbell haters: record as starter -- 5-3. Projected stats for season: 10-6.

Terrible isn't it?

Well here's a stat for you Campbell lovers: Quincy Carter "led" the Cowboys to a 10-6 record and an early exit from the playoffs a few years ago. Where is he now?

Fact is the defense is carrying the team at this point, not Jason Campbell, just as the Cowboys defense carried Q Carter into the playoffs a few years ago.

I think I can live with you not being excited about our win over the Jest. Everything is not what it seems.

On Comcast just now Al Saunders again discussed Moss' soft tissue injuries and how he hopes he will be healthy soon watch the reairing at 10 pm if you missed it.

nothing serious right?

wow...what is the point of coming on this message board...this entire thread, aside from bufford, is a waste of internet space.

The skins dont give campbell the opportunity to get in a rythym...he misses deep balls because he throws one every 4 games...

let him get more pass attempts and he will grow...until then, quit whining.

THANK YOU:applause: :notworthy

That wouldn't include the Detroit game when he won the NFC's Offensive Player of the Week and the GB game when he had a better day overall than that game.

But that's not exactly improvement, is it?

It was one game guy, he hasn't played the same since. How long are you guys going to hang your hat on that one? :silly:

Besides, the mighty Lion defense was completely inept that day, sort of like we were against the Pats.

Quit sugarcoating the obvious. He was okay the GB game and there were dropped balls, but he certainly was part of the nonsense that occurred the 2nd half of that game.

Well here's a stat for you Campbell lovers: Quincy Carter "led" the Cowboys to a 10-6 record and an early exit from the playoffs a few years ago. Where is he now?

Fact is the defense is carrying the team at this point, not Jason Campbell, just as the Cowboys defense carried Q Carter into the playoffs a few years ago.

The big difference in these eight games which mark the 5-3 record Jason's carried so far and QC is that Jason has shown far more promise than QC ever did. Like I said, when did you see QC put together two games like JC did in Detroit and GB?

Who also agrees with you on your assessment (that's a respected commentator on such issues)? I've heard no one. If you've got one, I'd love to hear it.

It was one game guy, he hasn't played the same since. How long are you guys going to hang your hat on that one? :silly:

Besides, the mighty Lion defense was completely inept that day, sort of like we were against the Pats.

Quit sugarcoating the obvious. He was okay the GB game and there were dropped balls, but he certainly was part of the nonsense that occurred the 2nd half of that game.

Hate to break it to you, but that one game refutes the sweeping statement you made about JC in the beginning. If you said something like "he's inconsistent", that's one thing. You, however, pressed some absolutlist point regarding JC, and with all such statements, they're easy to take issue with. Yours is no exception.

And if you think he was "okay" during the GB game, I'm not sure what game you were watching. He was better that day than he was in Detroit.

Please explain to me guys;why exactly is this thread useless? How is this a "Campbell hating thread" and even the idea of this thread is "ludicrous"?

Is it because the thread didn't agree or go along with how you see things? Well, I don't agree with everything that the original poster said either. But, the thread made for great discussion. There are obviously a lot of people who agree with how you feel and a lot of people who agree with how the OP feels. That constitutes the makings of a great thread IMO.

Many thanks. I thought this was a discussion board, not just a pep rally gathering. I'm new here and gotta say the insults that those who oppose my views is a bit over the top.

Many thanks. I thought this was a discussion board, not just a pep rally gathering. I'm new here and gotta say the insults that those who oppose my views is a bit over the top.

Not to condone the insults, but the reason you're getting them is the fact you're taking an absolutist position, which, in almost all cases, is indefensible. To say that he's been "mediocre" to date is crazy, given at least the GB and Detroit games. And to pass the Detroit game off as the defense being inept only compounds the frustration that some have here with you.

"Garbage thread"? Kind of hard to see the forest through all those trees isn't it? :silly: Actually, I don't recall anyone clamoring for Hasslebeck, he was never an option. Where have I said bench Campbell? My point is the guy hasn't shown us jack yet and I'm not seeing any signs of progression. Many seem to agree with me. Some of you guys can't seem to deal with objective observations or discussions and resort to childish insults which is pathetic.

Um I fail to see anything "objective" about your observations. You obviously have a bias and have voiced it clearly by making this thread. I'm sure that we are very sorry that JC hasn't come along according to "your" liking. That said I think that myself along with I suspect quite a few other folks will continue to give the kid the benefit of the doubt.

So if someone young has a take, he gets disqualified anyways? HUH? If he speaks the truth, what's the difference?

Sorry guy, I'm not going to idly sit by while some kid who isn't even old enough to know when we had a good QB, refers to my post as "garbage".

The fact is he is speaking his opinion, not the truth.

Campbell's stats tell the story on just how "great" he's been since being given the starting position. Let's hope he starts making some sort of progression as many of us are sick of us moving sideways at the QB position.

For the record, I enjoy respectful, objective discussion with young folks.

Um I fail to see anything "objective" about your observations. You obviously have a bias and have voiced it clearly by making this thread. I'm sure that we are very sorry that JC hasn't come along according to "your" liking. That said I think that myself along with I suspect quite a few other folks will continue to give the kid the benefit of the doubt.

I have no problem with that and will give JC all season to prove he is anything more than mediocre. I'd love to be wrong on this one, but fear I am not based on what I'm seeing on the field.

Sorry guy, I'm not going to idly sit by while some kid who isn't even old enough to know when we had a good QB, refers to my post as "garbage".

The fact is he is speaking his opinion, not the truth.

Campbell's stats tell the story on just how "great" he's been since being given the starting position. Let's hope he starts making some sort of progression as many of us are sick of us moving sideways at the QB position.

For the record, I enjoy respectful, objective discussion with young folks.

This really ruins your cred, dude. And aside from the innuendos the kid may hurl, if he speaks the truth it's the truth. That however isn't the problem with your post with respect to him. It is, yet again, the all inclusive nature of it, categorically excluding him from the discsussion because of his age. That's not warranted, and that takes away from your credibility.

Same is true for your original post. Keep with the sweeping statements, and you become easy pickings.

If you said that Campbell might be "inconsistent", that might be a point more people would agree with you on. But your point went well beyond that. And that's why it's unsupportable.

ignorance is bliss

The Redskins ran the ball 28 times in the second half and threw it 10 times.

After Campell's INT in the third quarter the Redskins ran 24 offensive plays; 21 were runs. I don't think you can do that and win - overcoming a deficit in the process - agaist too many defenses.

Did you just straight plaigarize Jason La Canfora? That's friggin pathetic man. :doh:

Archived