Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell just not getting it done (Mega-merged)

FanSinceSonnyJ

Yeah really. He pretty much says good things about every young QB. You won't hear Johnston or Aikman be too down on the players. They will say when they make a mistake, but won't dwell on it.

It wasn't about that, it was about the fact that the coaching staff is putting too many restrictions on Campbell. That's completely different.

And on that point, I'll take them over someone here.

Furthermore, how many qbs were dominant period? The answer is not that many and of that small amount none have played for the skins.

Wow are you going to get roasted for that one. I'm going to need safety goggles just to read the responses. :cool:

Uh oh...I've been saying this for some time, but I always get trashed for my comments.

Campbell is a great athlete, but he's simply not accurate, and too late on his throws. I'd love to see us pick up Derek Andersen . I think the Browns will make him a franchise player and hang on to him for another year, and then we'll pounce on him in '09 when Gibbs leaves and the Browns make way for Brady Quim.

Derek Anderson is another example of a young guy who had the good fortune of a coaching staff who showed patience and stayed with him over multiple seasons.........which is exactly what you DON'T want to do with Jason Campbell.

Thr Browns even had Charlie Frye ahead of Anderson for the past two years on their depth chart. Charlie Frye!!! Derek's now hitting his stride because that's what QB's do when they hit their mid-late 20's. Not every QB is a Ben Roethlisberger in this league.

The idea of this thread is ludicrous.

Derek Anderson is another example of a young guy who had the good fortune of a coaching staff who showed patience and stayed with him over multiple seasons.........which is exactly what you DON'T want to do with Jason Campbell.

Thr Browns even had Charlie Frye ahead of Anderson for the past two years on their depth chart. Charlie Frye!!! Derek's now hitting his stride because that's what QB's do when they hit their mid-late 20's. Not every QB is a Ben Roethlisberger in this league.

The idea of this thread is ludicrous.

You do know that Derek Anderson will be our QB next year or in 2009 right?

Sorry guys, I can't get too excited over a win over arguably the worst AFC team. The fact that we once again let a lowly opponent take us into OT is alarming to say the least.

More concerning is the play of Jason Campbell. He has had 1 good game this season. The Jets' D is one of the worst in the league yet his passing numbers were once again mediocre. Another off target long pass and few if any medium pass completions. Those who love Jason can't blame the O line this week. Jason Campbell is a first round pick. Yes it takes time to develop a QB, but it would be nice to see some sort of signs of improvement. To date, we have not. The Jets QB, Clemens, playing for only his 2nd start outplayed Jason. Let's hope Campbell starts earning his money as I'd hate to waste 2-3 years as him as a starter and once again start from scratch.

Anyway, it's great to be 5-3, even if we're an ugly 5-3!

Its kinda hard to get your qb into a throwing rhtymn when all you freaking do is run run run. Next time you look at a game, actually pay attention to whats going on.

And i hope all the idiots clamoring for Derek Anderson dont claim to be Redskins fans in public b/c you are the types of fans that make us all look bad. This is why we have been in this rebuilding period for so long. Giving any and player who throws a string of good games together a fat contract, instead of bringing along our own young players, only to find out that he really isnt that good. Anderson is having a great yr, but lets not forget...he couldnt even beat out Charlie Frye for the starting position on opening day....

And i hope all the idiots clamoring for Derek Anderson dont claim to be Redskins fans in public b/c you are the types of fans that make us all look bad. This is why we have been in this rebuilding period for so long. Giving any and player who throws a string of good games together a fat contract, instead of bringing along our own young players, only to find out that he really isnt that good. Anderson is having a great yr, but lets not forget...he couldnt even beat out Charlie Frye for the starting position on opening day....

Goldenster, care to elaborate?

Wow are you going to get roasted for that one. I'm going to need safety goggles just to read the responses. :cool:

Well why dont you start it off smart guy....when i say dominant Im not referring to Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Joe Thiesmann....im talking about qbs that put up numbers and wins for a number of yrs....now unless you actually want to dispute my statement I suggest you relax

Here's Jason Campbell so far:

Game 1: Lost 17-20 at TB

Game 2: Won 17-13 vs. CAR.

Game 3: Lost 14-24 vs. ATL.

Game 4: Lost 19-21 vs. PHI.

Game 5: Won 16-10 at N.O.

Game 6: Lost 31-37 at STL.

Game 7: Lost 28-34 vs. NYG.

Game 8: Won 16-10 vs. MIA.

Game 9: Won 20-12 at PHI.

Game 10: Lost 17-24 vs. NYG.

Game 11: Won 34-3 vs. DET.

Game 12: Lost 14-17 at G.B.

Game 13: Won 21-19 vs. ARZ.

Game 14: Lost 7-52 at N.E.

Game 15: Won 23-20 at NYJ.

He's 7-8 as a starter - not bad for a rookie. I believe he will even his record next week at 8-8 over his 1st full season of play.

Let's face it - it's not about him. He fumbles a bit much but doesn't seem to have a knack for throwing the stupid pick. He stands in there and delivers the ball behind a suspect offensive line. He needs to work w/receivers on the deep pass but I believe that will come.

Look at how many losses were by 1 score - he's a rookie and he's got us in the game. You can't blame him for the fact that the rest of the team (coaches included) are giving it away.

Well why dont you start it off smart guy....when i say dominant Im not referring to Mark Rypien, Doug Williams, Joe Thiesmann....im talking about qbs that put up numbers and wins for a number of yrs....now unless you actually want to dispute my statement I suggest you relax

Relax, dude . . . he was being sarcastic . . .

Not getting it done? Oh really? I think Im going to have another get your facts straight moment.

First. 5-3. Could be better, could be worse

Second. Lets talk about driving the football down the field. He completed 12 passes yesterday. It should have been more, yes, but lets talk about what he did complete.

of the 12 passes he completed, 10 were first downs. Almost 50% of the passes he threw meant moving the chains. Those are 10 series that he extended down the field for a new set of downs. Not to mention his running ability. Its not just this game either. Throughout the season he has picked up a good number of 3rd downs. Hes not a fantasy stud, but this isnt fantasy football. This is the NFL race. Its about doing it how you can. 34-3, 12-9 whatever. You move the chains you get points on the board, you get Ws. Period

11th in the NFL, 5th in the NFC, 3rd in the NFC Beast. Now is the time to get it done.

Its kinda hard to get your qb into a throwing rhtymn when all you freaking do is run run run. Next time you look at a game, actually pay attention to whats going on.

da truth

one thing I can't stand is our playcalling is so easy to guess.RUN RUN PASS. (if the running game isn't working and it's only worked for 1&1/2 games this season,we ran ok against the phins and ran over the jets)This just makes it more difficult to convert 3rd downs because the team knows we're gonna throw it which allows them to tee off on what we like to do.

we're making the game more difficult than it should be.

how awesome would our defense be if they knew if the O's play would be a run or pass every time?Cause our opponent sure as hell know our tendencies.

Jason hasn't been playing well or consistent but if you actually assess the situation,he's being put in very difficult postions when he is given a chance to throw. and honestly thats the last thing I'd want for a young QB.

Joe Gibbs conservatism is whats wrong with the redskins offense and anyone that thinks jason is the problem and joe isn't is a coward who can't come to terms that allmighty joe is hurting the team.

Gibbs is setting Jason up for failure and doesn't even realize it.

I'm perfectly relaxed. And :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: at Rypien/Williams/Theismann. You need to pick up a history book.

Perhaps you've heard of a guy by the name of Sammy Baugh. He's considered by some to be one of the best to ever play the game. 187 wins in 15 years. That's the most glaring omission.

And that guy Sonny Jurgensen who's on the radio sometimes? Turns out he used to be a pretty good player. Went to 4 pro bowls for us from 64-69, led the league in attempts, completions, yards and TD's in 67 (and the same in 66, except he was "only" second in TD's).

Both of those guys were DOMINANT. In their respective eras, and from a historical perspective, and are in the HOF

Billy Kilmer is also arguably on the list

I was at the game yesterday, and I watched the downfield passing game closely--there is no downfield passing game. Campbell looks downfield, but literally has no one to throw to. We max protect on almost every passing down, and all of our routes beyond 10 yards are well covered. I think he does pretty well given how this offense is called and designed.

Thank you! I will be so glad when Gibbs leaves. His plays suck! and he is holding the team back big time. All the talent we got on offense, yet we are ranked so low on offense.

Archived